Top counter picks to Darius.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qwertybot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-24-2012

So, I don't play solo top often, but a friend of mine does, and lately he's been having a lot of issues with Darius. I'd love to give him some solid advice on how to face Darius and possibly win, but I'm at a loss. So I come to you!

Who do you like to pick to counter Darius, and in what manner are they a counter?

Thanks you for taking the time to read this.

-Qwertybot

Keitterman

08-24-2012

there are some champs that when they go top, i ask my team to switch the bruiser and the mid. Singed and Darius are normally the two

Bromoner

08-24-2012

Counters to darius:

Kayle
Kennen
Teemo

These are HARD counters. They have speed boosts that allow them to escape his grab and they outrange his grab range, so the speed boosts can be saved to prevent ganks. Additionally, they have other methods to counter his grab (kayle has her ult, kennen has stuns and his ult and teemo can place a shroom right under darius as soon as he grabs forcing him to either retreat or be slowed with a damage over time DoT). They counter his WHOLE kit and still perform well mid game (where darius shines) and snowball late game (where darius' power starts to stagnate).

I aM Salvation

08-24-2012

Irelia has a hard time lvl 3-5 after 6 you can all in him if you have sufficient health after hiten style is lvl 4-5 she wins.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

The only melee I play that I know I'll beat Darius as is Shyvana, and that's late game, not early game.. Her overall DPS is higher than his, and she has innate defense. But there are others who beat him easily, melee or ranged.

The main thing with Darius is that you have to know whether an engagement is worth it or not. Almost every fight against Darius, you're initiating on him, which is what he wants since he can't initiate fights himself.

Aubheron

08-24-2012

Vladimir, his Q outranges everything Darius has... you can farm safely and have almost infinite sustain, and his passive gives enough hp to help with Darius ult.

WarBatch

08-24-2012

Pretty much...range counters Darius
Even a GP just hanging back and abusing Parrrrley could easy keep him at bay. Darius lacks any real gap closer, his E has a long cool down and a short range. Just keeping your distance...hell during an ELO hell session I was solo top Caitlyn and I made him a very unhappy man during the laning phase. He's not as strong as people think.

ihave2cows

08-24-2012

Everyone. Because darius isnt as big of a threat as people think he is as long as your champion has range or a damage reducer.

Sir KickBan

08-24-2012

As previous posters said, range counters Darius pretty hard. Kayle top isn't a fun matchup for him because she can kite him all day, every day. You can also use lategame bruisers like Warwick and Olaf. Since Darius has no sustain, Olaf's Q can whittle him down until he either backs off or you come in to murder him when he's low. Warwick can build two or three doran's rings and sit under his tower all day, every time Darius pulls you in hit him with a Q and run away. You can get your health back in about twenty seconds, he can't. When he's at about 30% health, hit him with your ult, ignite, and a Q when the ult ends, he should now be dead.

MarineRevenge

08-24-2012

Anyone ranged.

For melees, Renekton, If you're really really good at him - Tryndamere can, Cho can due to ranged poke and huge sustain. Xin Zhao can if you're overly aggressive when it's smart to be (levels 1-5 then playing really smart post 6. Get crazy if you can bait his Q and he misses it while hes on cooldowns., etc)

Udyr cause tiger udyr pretty much goes even or wins every single lane ever. I wanna say poppy can before 6 but post 6 its really hard. Lee can go either way based on the first 4 levels.