Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Maokai worth learning jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FirstSlayer09

08-24-2012

I am usually a mid/top laner, I had started jungling after i played Diana on PBE. Which made me buy Naut, Udyr, Muay Thai Leesin, and download a jungle app. Now I am back to playing mid/top. So is Maokai worth it? I hear his ganks are godlike and is picked/banned a lot in pro tourneys.

TL;DR: Is maokai good for jungle, after maining top/mid? Thanks.

MarlaMazzyHope

08-25-2012

I don't feel like hes as tanky as some others, he's not a Champ I'd cruise around the map at 20% health with and feel comfortable. But every one of his abilities requires timing and a certain intuitive selection of aim or placement. I'm always thinking "Oh if I put the ult a little closer to X, I wouldn't look like a fool right now" or "thanks for nothing Sapling". Put it this way, I', sub 1000 ranked but I've won like 57% with Mao. But you have to play him....A LOT.

Titus Lowestrum

08-25-2012

Once you get the hang of his play style he is a very rewarding champion. Getting the saplings damaged optimized and using them to gaurd exits and entrances is something that just comes with playing. Overall I find him extremley fun and rewarding to play as long as your looking to win and not get a ton of kills, but help your team get fed.

Defile

08-26-2012

what is there to learn from playing maokai in the jungle? he is 1 of the easiest junglers
he is basically a free win if u are not stupid
free snowball for ur team early game
late game u just help out ur adc