Is Maokai worth learning jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FirstSlayer09

08-24-2012

I am usually a mid/top laner, I had started jungling after i played Diana on PBE. Which made me buy Naut, Udyr, Muay Thai Leesin, and download a jungle app. Now I am back to playing mid/top. So is Maokai worth it? I hear his ganks are godlike and is picked/banned a lot in pro tourneys.

TL;DR: Is maokai good for jungle, after maining top/mid? Thanks.

MarlaMazzyHope

08-25-2012

I don't feel like hes as tanky as some others, he's not a Champ I'd cruise around the map at 20% health with and feel comfortable. But every one of his abilities requires timing and a certain intuitive selection of aim or placement. I'm always thinking "Oh if I put the ult a little closer to X, I wouldn't look like a fool right now" or "thanks for nothing Sapling". Put it this way, I', sub 1000 ranked but I've won like 57% with Mao. But you have to play him....A LOT.

Titus Lowestrum

08-25-2012

Once you get the hang of his play style he is a very rewarding champion. Getting the saplings damaged optimized and using them to gaurd exits and entrances is something that just comes with playing. Overall I find him extremley fun and rewarding to play as long as your looking to win and not get a ton of kills, but help your team get fed.

Defile

08-26-2012

what is there to learn from playing maokai in the jungle? he is 1 of the easiest junglers
he is basically a free win if u are not stupid
free snowball for ur team early game
late game u just help out ur adc