Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Concept- Quintus, the defender from noxus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gonz4dieg

08-24-2012

Lore:
Quintus, like all noxians before him, were trained for battle. in fact, he was part of the noxian invasion force of ionia. However once he saw the frontlines for the first time, he was horrified at the death and destruction he saw. Quintus saw no glory like the other noxians did. That night, he deserted the camp and buried his armor and weapons.
A few months later Master Yi encountered Quintus, who he thought was a noxian Spy. Filled with his rage for noxus, Yi charged for the noxian, but was stunned when Quintus did nothing to defend himself. Yi took charge of Quintus, and trained him. After months of training, Yi Presented Quintus with a magic-infused Shield, a relic from the first rune war. when Yi offered to present a weapon to Quintus, He refused. Quintus left Yi shortly after his training was complete.
Shortly after, Quintus encountered a small Ionian village being raided by some noxian maruders. He rushed to their defense. after doing all he could to defend them and failing due to being outnumbered, in a fit of rage Quintus slammed his shield into the ground, shattering the shield and releasing a huge burst of magical energy. Quintus was as suprised as everyone else was when it reformed itself on his arm. This did not stop the maruders from capturing him and attempting to take him back to noxus. The Institute of War had other plans for Quintus, and he agreed to fight in the League of legends.
"The is no glory in war. I'm glad I am not the only noxian to realize that"
-Riven

Observation:
Quintus readied himself. this was his first battle on summoner's rift. in fact, this was his first battle since the invasion. he knew he could not die or kill any real people here, but that didn't make it any easier on him. he stepped out onto battlefield. he saw mindless minions marching down the aisles, to their own death. as he walked around the battlefield, admiring the sights and sounds, he saw a fight ensue. it was between a blond sorceress, wearing demacian armor, and a little girl. He was filled with rage, seeing someone attack someone who was so defenseless. He sprinted across the battlefield, and leaped in front of the girl as the demacian mage readied her staff, he raised his shield to protect the girl at all cost. Quintus closed his eyes. after a blast of light , he tentatively opened his eyes, amazed nothing has happened to him, then looked forward. there was a colossal shadow bear in front of them, shielding them from the blast. He turned to the little girl, who simply said, "welcome to the league of legends".

Upon selection
"For those who cannot defend themselves"

Movement
"I will not fail again"
"always"
"Never Give Up"
"With my shield raised"
"They will not get past me"
"I will defend them"
Attack
"if I must"
"I will comply"
"I would rather not"

When using Q
"Get back"
When Using W
"Not this time"
"Get past me first"
When using Ultimate
"YOU WILL NOT PASS"

Passive
To the End- Quintus gains 1% damage reduction for every 5% health missing
Q
Quintus knocks back all enemy champions in a cone. the closer they are to quintus, the farther they are knocked back
Cooldown: 15/13/11/9/7
W
Quintus leaps toward an ally, shielding them for 50/75/100/125/150 (+.3 ability power). additionally, all enemies attacking the target ally are taunted for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds cooldown: 8 seconds

E- Runic shield
Passive: Quintus stregthens his shield, gaining 10/20/30/40/50 Armor and magic resist.
Active: Quintus can empowers an ally champion with 50% of the shield strength for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds, while losing 50% of the shield strength. the armor and magic resist will stay at 50% until off cooldown. cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds
R
Quintus smashes his shield on the ground, creating an aura around him and locking him in place. all allied champions around him take 30% less damage, and Quintus absorbs 30%/25%/20% of that reflected damage. this aura lasts for 5 seconds. at the end of the spell, 30%/35%/40% damage Quintus has recieved is released as damage. Cap: 400/525/650 cooldown: 80/70/60 seconds

gonz4dieg

08-24-2012

bamp

gonz4dieg

08-24-2012

bump