cs/CSing??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Oh no! I call them "minion kills"! I might get hated on for use different words to describe the exact same thing that everyone is talking about because my e-***** isn't as big as theirs. I MUST conform now! I cannot let anyone know about my dirty-dirty past.

TL;DR version:
Seriously? You're hating on terminology now? It's the same **** thing.
"You're hating on calling black people ****ers? It's just terminology, it's the same ****ing thing!"

Really really bad logic

FaerellG

12-20-2010

That's a discussion for a different forum, but yes I believe that as well. Mind you, I belong to a minority as well, I could care less if you call me racially derogatory names. The only thing that gives such terminologies "power" are easily bruised egos.

I have skin, it's pretty thick. QQ less. Pwn at RL more.

Enrayged

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
"You're hating on calling black people ****ers? It's just terminology, it's the same ****ing thing!"

Really really bad logic

Using an extreme to prove your point is also really really bad logic.

Personally, I don't see why people are getting so worked up over Creep "score" versus Creep "kills"

If you get so worked up over such a pointless bit of terminology that has no real impact outside of the game, perhaps you should go outside, get some sun...

Terrorvision

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2011

The term isn't slanderous in any way so it isn't wrong to use it. And it is a score as generally you are directly competing with your opponents to have a higher CS as it means you have more gold and more/better items. Besides if you don't try to get a high CS during the laning phase it is super boring and you end up doing stupid **** and dying, or at least I do.

MightyMatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

Carados is a normal HERO, probably doesn't understand the concept and why its so important. Just failing to troll.

Dane Dread

05-09-2011

Kills is also an overly violent term that doesn't really fit since everything in LOL is going to respawn. We should call them neutralizes. It also changes KDA to NDA which is rad.

/sarcasm

When terms are already in common use its pretentious and confusing to just start making up your own.

Orad Bane

06-16-2011

They are minions...not creeps, so MC makes more sense, minion count.

fjcruisin

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orad Bane View Post
They are minions...not creeps, so MC makes more sense, minion count.
but the moba genre pretty much originated with dota, and in dota, they were called creeps. so when lol came out, there was no reason to change the terminology. While I am a mediocre (at best) dota player (so people dont hate and say i'm elitist), when i first started playing lol, i still equated everything to dota i.e. minions = creeps, blitzcrank = pudge, ashe = traxex...and i did relatively well. so while it might make more sense in lol, mc would be a new term, and cs is a term that people already know

trippytrip

12-15-2011

hmm ck makes more sense

Narcissan

12-15-2011

Counter Spying.