Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

cs/CSing??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

09-16-2010

Why would you even say CS is a bad term...

Calling people moronic is really moronic.

Evolnemesis

09-16-2010

Certain terms when you use them, you are just proving that they really apply to you...

Like 90% of the time in a game where a player is calling people out as 'noobs' (such a juvenile, angsty 12-year-old word), that player usually ends up being terrible, knows a lot less than they think they do, and usually feeds worse than anyone else, proving themselves to be the biggest 'noob' on their team (there ARE a lot of people from DoTA that are in this category unfortunately, because they tend to think that if they are experts in DoTA, they are automatically experts in LoL, and refuse to change or try new things).

Generally I find they are also the type of player that leaves half their games or rages if people won't hit surrender when they spam it over and over after THEY had a poor start because they kept dying to some weak champ in lane, while loudly complaining about how OP that champ is and how the game is over because the other team and that champ are 'too fed' (this usually ends up being all their fault), or because they don't like how some other person on their team is building items THEY think are bad, even though that person is doing a lot better than them.

xahhfink6

09-16-2010

I counter your flame war with bragging!

200 CS in 19 minutes, ranked game

Crippen

09-16-2010

Quote:
xahhfink6:

That is pretty ****in awesome.

Moltenhammer

12-20-2010

You said that score implies you are competing with someone else thus calling it score is moronic? Well you are competing with 5 other players.

Veloo

12-20-2010

Quote:
Carados:
If you're asking someone instead of hitting tab and looking yourself, you are a moron.

And the reason for the moronity comes from the "score" part of "Creep Score."

It's called "creep score" because there was denying in dota and not just killing. Don't call ppl morons next time you dont understand something cuz you are new

Narnak

12-20-2010

In the laning phase, CS is really the most important thing, especially in the solo lanes. Sure getting ganks is nice but the goal is to farm xp and gold so you can win team fights and push towers. Getting 300g on a gank is cool, but if you took so long to get the gank that you lost 3-5 creep waves worth of gold/xp, you are breaking even at best. 10-15 cs = 1 champion kill. Most good farmers can kill 5-6 creeps per wave. Of course denying gold/xp to the competition is good too, but you don't need to get a kill to deny. Sending them back with low health is just as effective in that regard. Or even making them bust their summoner spells early so they have to hang back.

Watch a high Elo stream sometime, and see the solo lanes get 100cs in 10 minutes.

Beelzebubxv

12-20-2010

I saw 'last hits'...haters :|

Redenbacher

12-20-2010

Quote:
xahhfink6:

I counter your bragging with... holy ****, why is everything so blue!?

Nice work, btw

FaerellG

12-20-2010

Oh no! I call them "minion kills"! I might get hated on for use different words to describe the exact same thing that everyone is talking about because my e-***** isn't as big as theirs. I MUST conform now! I cannot let anyone know about my dirty-dirty past.

TL;DR version:
Seriously? You're hating on terminology now? It's the same **** thing.
Go back to hating on something relevant to gameplay...like Garren being OP or Locket being removed.