Help Quinn vs Singed top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuicideSlushie

07-09-2014

So my last game I played I was against an incredibly annoying strategy. I was playing Quinn top lane against a Singed. When first waves hit I came out to farm and he wasn't there, then he appeared in between my towers and proxy farmed my second wave, at that point I wasn't strong enough to farm minions without losing all my health, and me my jungler and mid chased him but he got away. Minions came back and I started farming again, then he went all the way to our nexus and farmed all three lanes waves, when we appeared to kill him he suicided and none of us got the kill, then he farmed between my towers again, and when I went to stop him I couldn't chase because of his poison damage.

How on earth do you stop this? None of our lanes had minions waves and they had the game won at 24 minutes. We can't chase him, but we can't let him kill our waves, so either we lose cs to get him out or we lose all minion waves for all the lanes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lord Mayor

07-09-2014

I play Singed and I absolutely love doing this strategy. Usually I proxy farm the first 2 waves to get a tear and then restart proxying once I have catalyst and boots. I then base proxy once I have rod of ages, tear, boots and one armor item. It is a really useful strategy against champions who beat Singed early but suck **** late game like Teemo, Quinn and Nidalee. I'll offer you some insight on how to deal with this.
1)It is unwise to play a squishy champion vs Singed if you are unfamiliar with the matchup because his poison will chunk the **** out of you mid game onwards. On the other hand, ranged champions are great aginst singed since he has not strong gapclosers and his poison is easy to juke from a distance. Play the matchup more but try fighting singed so you'll get more used to singed-kiting tactics.
2)If Singed goes for level 1 proxy, just farm at your turret but get your jungler to B-line str8 2 top after red buff. Let Singed lose some hp to the second wave before going in. Even if you don't kill him the pressure is enough to slightly deter him from hard proxying. Usually three or four ganks completely deter any pre-RoA proxying
3)Pick a strong late game champion who benefits more from free farming, like Nasus, Vladimir, or Vayne. Nasus's slow directly counters Singed's speed and his ult % damage counters Singed's high hp. He can easily passively farm Q and after level 8 he can counter-proxy. Vlad's short cooldowns enable him to poke Singed really hard while his E helps counterpush and sustain allows him to mitigate a good portion of Singed's damage. Vayne is extremely mobile and can easily juke Singed while landing super strong poke. In fact, her silver bolts can outdamage his poison after around level 12
4)Pressure the map. Singed is great at waveclearing but pretty terrible at sieging. Also his teamfight power is only good after a few items.