AD Sion ruins dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cless View Post
Get Executioner's Calling, Morello's Evil Tome, and exhaust and armor (Frozen Heart, Warden's Mail/Randuin's Omen, or Thornmail). Presto! Lifesteal diminished.
FTFY

I once tanked a Miss Fortune with Thornmail and Ignite under an enemy point. And I was AD bruiser Sion (fratmas). So yeah.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCWA Tigerbite View Post
AD Sion is fine if you build him correctly. People that get 2-3 PDs are retarded. All you need is 1. Grab a SB for some lifesteal without having to ult and a frozen mallet (there's your slow.)
I wouldn't say retarded. Sions Ult CD is low enough that you can reasonably expect it to be up for every major fight. Since Sion already has a lot of permanent AD (2600g worth) and will get some from Phage and Offensive and Runes, and some AS(1250g worth but only during Ult) the best way to improve his DPS is by boosting crit and to a lesser degree AS.
PD happens to be a pretty efficient item giving 1500g worth of crit and 1400g worth of Attack Speed, plus the movespeed which admittedly does hit the diminishing returns. I wouldn't get 6 of em, but 2 is quite reasonable.

A simple Vamp Scepter gives him plenty of lifesteal for super cheap and he can upgrade to multiple items, inclduing Exec Blade which adds crit and 18% lifesteal for quite cheap.
It is ideal to get Inf Edge as your AD booster item but that takes forever and he needs some extra defenses and the phage/mallet more.

Quote:
Use your stun to get close, wack away with your mallet, If they try to run, they fail and it's an easy kill. If they try to fight back, well...you should win a 1v1. What's this? Someone is coming to help *activate ult* bwahhaha. INDESTRUCTIBLE!!! That is, until you get ignited or exhausted or something and get bursted down in those 3 seconds. :'(
The problem is that there aren't THAT many 1v1s, and a lot more scirmishes. Plus pretty much everyone in the entire game has either Exhaust or Ignite, both of which ruin your day as you have already stated.
All it takes is 2 or 3 bursty champs and you will be taken out before you can do much of anything. At least most champs would be able to deal some damage before dying but Sion will get off 1 stun, pop his Ult, then die after getting in 1 autoattack maybe.

BuildPolice

08-24-2012

I see a lot of tanks in Dom when I play him, and they'll let you whack them assuming they're tanky and you don't do much, so I've taken to rushing LW against them so I can just free-whack the tank and heal my team with my ult.

Kiting shuts him down hard so I'll usually get BoS or merc treads depending on if it's CC or range without CC shutting me down, IMO infinity edge is a must, only way to get the OMGRAPE damage potential he has.
Usually I got boots 1 + pros, upgrade boots, zeal + vamp scepter, IE, PD, Last whisper when needed + situational survivability items.

Like any AD carry you need to let your bruisers engage and enter the fight strategically.

Overall he's still a bad pick 99% of the time but with the potential to shred low CC squishy teams like wet toilet paper.

irott

08-24-2012

AD sion just reminds me of ARAB.... Sweet sweet ARAB.