Thoughts of Yi in Twisted Treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DieMinionsDie

Master Recruiter

08-13-2012

I usually play Yi on Twisted Treeline. I usually do decent but just want to get everyone's opinion on Yi in Twisted Treeline.

Also, who would you recommend that I start working on in Twisted Treeline. I am open to any suggestions of any champion. Thanks!

Roman

08-13-2012

he's not bad, his late game is really good if you can get there because of his ability to split push and deal a lot of dmg

problem is that he is outclassed by other ad carries and loses to most match ups in the top lane

DieMinionsDie

Master Recruiter

08-13-2012

Yeah. I have noticed that. I think the big thing is to play a good Yi you have to get more gold and a better CS then the person that you match up with.

Nykidemus

08-24-2012

The closest comparison for Yi would be Trynd. The biggest issue here being the Yi has neither a slow, nor can he spin over walls.

He does push like a boss, and hybridy builds make for really interesting alpha strike inititates, transitioning into the traditional good Yi chase, esp with Hextech Gunblade.

Definitely not top tier though.

Agatio

Recruiter

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
The closest comparison for Yi would be Trynd. The biggest issue here being the Yi has neither a slow, nor can he spin over walls.

He does push like a boss, and hybridy builds make for really interesting alpha strike inititates, transitioning into the traditional good Yi chase, esp with Hextech Gunblade.

Definitely not top tier though.
He can alpha strike over walls. There's a small problem of the necessity for a visible enemy there.

Milranduil

08-25-2012

Learn Riven or Lee Sin.

BastilleDalton

08-25-2012

Oh god no. Yi is bad at everything but pushing.

Play any bruiser with cc. Xin, Lee, Olaf, Riven, etc.

RamboJeezus

08-25-2012

Yi is good in twisted treeline. Why? because he can literally push either lane at will.

Why is Yi bad on twisted treeline? because relatively tanky bruisers are a common choice on twisted treeline, and they really are the bane of Master Yi.

If you want Yi benefits, without sacrificing "viability" try Garen with Ghostblade, coupled with his Q. He goes pretty fast =D

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

get dunked