Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Adams

Member

08-24-2012

Global Objectives 70% K/D/A 30%. Sure someone super-fed on the enemy team is hard to deal with but, the objectives (Towers/Drag/Baron) are the true keys to victory. You need to help your team out, if your "Carrying" your team, you give them a big advantage and you need to contribute more than just kills. Jus'Sayin

EDIT: and 2 wards every 10 minutes (if your not support). If your team does this it's a total of 300 wards in a 30 min. game. Thats a ****t ton.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshido View Post
I think the main issue is lost on most of the players here. Hes talking about quitters not himself. Every time some posts to complain about something they think should change it ALWAYS turns into a battle to defend themselves against the ignorant or the arrogant.

Someone quits your ranked match. Seeing as how your rank isnt based on individual performance, if your team loses you lose. Dont see how you can have a nice score fighting an uneven match. After the game your score drops no matter how good or bad you did. Had a leaver in every game i've lost and i just started playing ranked again.

The problem is reporting em for a 1 day ban isnt doing it. We honestly need more severe punishments for quitters. I'm with ya normLmute. Having em take a huge elo dive. Like losing 100+ points for leaving a game instead of 23 or a week of not being able to play sounds fitting.

Thank you for finally understanding, That was my point. This game isn't about me. I do "MY" best to assist my team in carrying. Few of you said 2 wards every 10 mins, I'm mainly solo top for reasons that my Support usually tries to be superman and tower dives at level 1... Doesn't usually work out but I ward Baron corner, and Their red.

But he stated above, It is very hard indeed to win a 4v5 no matter how far ahead you are....
Things can change just because 1 player left because they rage quit ( No perfect score 20/0, or not enough time to finish because mum n daddy got mad they didn't finish homework.)

Granted some issues they can't escape from, but the player KNOWS they will be leaving or on the verge of leaving. Those playesr should have more punishment. I think that if they leave 1 time from ranked winning or losing, No report system. Auto ban 1 week ( Ranked only)

Second time within a time period ( say..... 1 week after ban....?) If they quit again. Will be 1 Month <--- Yes 1 Month ban form ( RANKED ONLY ).
And if they quit a third time within a week from their previous ban, Let it be a perma ban from Ranked till Next season. That or create a new account. I don't feel A team player should be punished and stuck in Elo hell 500-1100 because someone had a hissy fit and doesn't want to play this game anymore. Seriously we all know the only TRUE bad players are below 500. Anyone between 500-1100 know they don't deserve to be there. Doesn't matter if I've played 200+ Games. Once in Elo hell its hard to get out of, I got up to 987 Last night. Solo'd of course, But Trolled back down to 933. I have tried to Duo que, I usually get worse teams, Mid doesn't connect all game.. Top Feeds... Other players are 1600+ Elo because they que'd with a 600 ELO and I get partied up with them because im with a 950, and I'm 933..... It's not fun.



TL; DR; 1 Week ban from ranked for 1 quit, first week after ban quit's again 1 month ban, first week after month ban quit again perma ban till next season ( ranked only)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

08-24-2012

If all of the following are true:
1) You do not quit or purposefully feed
2) Your team has someone who quits or purposefully feeds at least as often as the other team does
3) You have played a significant (say, 50+) number of ranked games

Then literally the ONLY reasonable explanation is that your attitude makes people more likely to leave/feed than they otherwise would.

tl;dr either your anecdotal evidence is wrong, or else you are the cause of the problem and not the victim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Vanish View Post
EDIT: and 2 wards every 10 minutes (if your not support). If your team does this it's a total of 300 wards in a 30 min. game. Thats a ****t ton.
300? really? really???????? 2x5x10 is 30 not 300


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skumbagsyn

Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
First time Quit ranked = 1 week ban
Second time quit = 1 month ban
Third = Perma
now that is terribly harsh
imagine if you are still living at home as a kid and ur mom, with no warning, asks you to do something/go somewhere
what can you say? "No mom i can't ill get banned"
good plan...if you never want to play any video game again
what i think is players on a team that loses resulted from a quitter should lose less elo, and the quitter has the same "punishment"
also if riotgames would actually watch the replay of the game to see if this person left purposely or not could determine the severity of the punishment


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Adams

Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
300? really? really???????? 2x5x10 is 30 not 300

um 2x5=10x30minutes = 300 go back to school


EDIT: yeah now u look retarded
EDIT: and secondly ur problem= 100 so your even more retarded than i thought


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFGSyN View Post
now that is terribly harsh
imagine if you are still living at home as a kid and ur mom, with no warning, asks you to do something/go somewhere
what can you say? "No mom i can't ill get banned"
good plan...if you never want to play any video game again
what i think is players on a team that loses resulted from a quitter should lose less elo, and the quitter has the same "punishment"
also if riotgames would actually watch the replay of the game to see if this person left purposely or not could determine the severity of the punishment
Okay DFG got a point there.
Lets change it up a bit

Normal Que - Regular rules
Ranked Que - Regular rules
Serious Ranked Que - Ban Rules.

There. Problem Solved?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basballguy

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Vanish View Post
um 2x5=10x30minutes = 300 go back to school


EDIT: yeah now u look retarded
EDIT: and secondly ur problem= 100 so your even more retarded than i thought
your math is confusing me too.

2 wards per person (per team) EVERY TEN MINUTES....would be 30. If you warded 2 wards every minute for 30 minutes.....then it'd be 300.

But what do i know?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flagrock

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROTANK View Post
It's been explained thousands of times...there is no elo hell.

Yes, at 900 elo there are a boatload of trolls, inexperienced players, feeders, unskilled players, etc.

But, given that you have 206 ranked games, by the law of large numbers, your elo is a more accurate representation than someone who's played much less than you.

In fact, the likelihood that you've reached 206 games, while theoretically being on the level of, say, 1200+ elo, is incredibly slim.
Just going to address this really quickly here. Elo Hell: the Elo range with a high amount of trolls, intentional feeders, and afkers. Going on with this point. Elo Hell exists, but you can carry yourself out. For you to start to you must play AT LEAST 100 games (or get really lucky/be really good) to start to have the statistics work properly. Truly 1000 games is when the statistical data is large enough so it is accurate. THAT is why people call a range Elo Hell, not because they CAN'T get out, it's because TO get out you must play a lot of games and it really freaking sucks.
Quote:
trolls dont make you die 7 times per game.. stop blaming your team and take partial responsibility for what is happening to you.
Yes trolls technically can make you die 7 times. Example: Fed akali 2 shotting tanks (she was on my team and charged, Q, hit Amumu died instantly he had 2k hp). Another favorite one Darius. Spin, pull, W, ult. Did I just do 1k true dmg? Yeah, you can have a higher death rate if your team sucks especially for tanks and supports. (I'm not saying that his case is an example just trying to give you some knowledge


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Flag has the exact point I was trying to make