Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaironLocke

08-23-2012

almost no one belongs at 900. I was 550 at one point in season one. Did you know it went that low even? LoL's one big downfall as a great game is how they measure skill. They should put into consideration how well individuals do. Instead of just wins.

CrunkleberryRex

08-23-2012

The ELO system is flawed.

Treza

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by normLmute View Post
the quitters are always on my team no joke.
And Alph, Check my gameplay. Then tell me. I carry 15+ kills every game. if its a full game.
http://www.lolking.net/search?name=normLmute&x=0&y=0

average kills per game: 5.8 (ok overall, but beside those deaths.. not great)
average deaths per game: 6.9 (not good, do better)
average assists per game: 9.2 (good)

most played champions, shaco and ashe

shaco per game averages
11 wins, 20 losses (speaks for itself)
5.8 kills a game (ok overall, but the deaths)
7.9 deaths a game (fairly poor)
7.1 assists a game (meh)
104 minions per game (a little low)

ashe per game averages
17 wins 13 losses
6.7 kills per game (alright)
6.5 deaths per game (could be better)
8.8 assists per game (alright)
159 cs per game (could be better)

you dont really play supports at all, so looking at your stats im just seeing an average player. nothing here tells me your teams are bringing you down

lets compare them to some of my stats
http://www.lolking.net/search?name=treza&x=0&y=0

average kills per game: 4.7 (not great, but considering my deaths)
average deaths per game: 2.4 (*very* good, in fact its the lowest death average ive ever seen on lolking)
average assists per game: 6.7 (could be better, but again consider my deaths)

your stats are just plain worse than mine, and im currently unable to carry myself out of low elo either. you carry your team? how are you carrying your team with more deaths than kills?

you get more kills and assists than me which is great, but youre also dying 3x as often you wont get out of low elo with that many deaths so frequently. this is likely attributed to a combination of poor warding, poor positioning, and poor awareness. offensively youre where you should be, but there is a fine line between dying for a reason and being the enemy teams mvp. a line i feel you cross too frequently to be able to call you a good player.. atleast based on your stats

i see flaws in my gameplay and i try to improve them every day. trust me sulking over **** teams will do you no good. i get **** teams constantly and all you can do is try and do better next time

----------as far as you carrying your team on a regular basis, thats just plain untrue----------

Cpt Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

KROTANK, My elo is 900 Due to those TROLLS. Watch me play. Seriously then tell me my elo is 900.

Treza

08-23-2012

trolls dont make you die 7 times per game.. stop blaming your team and take partial responsibility for what is happening to you. im not saying you arent a good player but if you are you can definitely do better.. just blaming everything on your team is foolish and suggests to me you do belong at 900

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

I just won a 4v5 in ranked actually.

Cpt Jaeger

08-23-2012

your right i can do better but i cant do better when my team quits

Caelum Porcus

08-24-2012

You mention kills, which somewhat irritates me. As I tell everybody that I play with, the game is not about how many kills you get, but rather how you contribute to your team (Warding, Teamwork, and facilitating the skill of other players that may be on your team).

TL;DR Score isn't everything.

EDIT: Yes the Elo system is flawed, it's designed for games that are 1v1, and originally used for Chess, not team games like LoL

Kyoshido

08-24-2012

I think the main issue is lost on most of the players here. Hes talking about quitters not himself. Every time some posts to complain about something they think should change it ALWAYS turns into a battle to defend themselves against the ignorant or the arrogant.

Someone quits your ranked match. Seeing as how your rank isnt based on individual performance, if your team loses you lose. Dont see how you can have a nice score fighting an uneven match. After the game your score drops no matter how good or bad you did. Had a leaver in every game i've lost and i just started playing ranked again.

The problem is reporting em for a 1 day ban isnt doing it. We honestly need more severe punishments for quitters. I'm with ya normLmute. Having em take a huge elo dive. Like losing 100+ points for leaving a game instead of 23 or a week of not being able to play sounds fitting.

LeSSSouL

08-24-2012

I entirely agree with Kyoshido, the penalty is not good enough for leaving ranked games. If the penalty for multiple leaves was stiffer then you would see people who don't have the time/rage quite alot/etc would think twice about it and play a normal or dominion if time doesn't fully permit. I often play dominion, not cause I like it more (I don't, C&H is better for FPS) but there is a chance my life may need me and I can put it off for a couple minutes rather then 30 minutes with out leaving and if I have to leave in dominion it is 8 minutes of ppls time wasted by me instead of 45 to 1 hr.