Do you believe that this would be a good addition to the game?

Yeah, let's get it on, baby! 15 55.56%
Nah, I don't think this will help. 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

☆☆☆ Tutorial For Newbies ☆☆☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

08-23-2012

I'd like to see a short 10-15 minute walkthrough tutorial in which a player experiences a fake match in which players exhibit different types of toxic behavior, with bad words censored of course.

There could be subtitles and graphics on screen to point out reportable behavior in the game and in the chat.

For example, an objective in the tutorial match would be to walk over to a spot near an enemy tower, at which point an intentional feeder repeatedly suicides against the tower in a cutscene.

At the end of the tutorial, you are instructed step by step on how to file a report against a player.

Special reward (maybe a 10 win ip boost?) for completing the tutorial.

FawKingTroll

08-23-2012

no thanks, the system not working to a full extent is good enough for me.

WhiteMriswith

08-23-2012

I would be ok with a tutorial like this, but I don't think there really needs to be any special reward at the end.

Giannoulias

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMriswith View Post
I would be ok with a tutorial like this, but I don't think there really needs to be any special reward at the end.
^agree, i was totally on board until the last part

Thuch

08-24-2012

If people don't know what's right and what's wrong, a tutorial isn't going to help them. It's not even the major things that most people will get hung up on, it will be the many many small things that would be impossible to capture in a short tutorial. It's the hundreds of similar but varied experiences many of us have had while playing this game, that can't really be accurately reproduced to that extent.

This can also lead to a major problem:
Players will assume (I use that word loosely because feigned ignorance is rampant in these parts) that those are the only ways they can be reported. They will then find ways that don't appear in the tutorial to troll and harass, and then claim they didn't know (most likely falsely).

Lizeron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

I agree. A tutorial like this would be needed for someone like me. In the end all those that flame/call names/are racists I end up reporting in negative attitude <_< Which apparently most of the people in the tribunal don't mind at all.

PlayerA: 'NOOB, F**K U AND UR MOTH*****ING S**T*
ME: 'D: U make ma game sad'
Tribunal guy: 'Oh, it's so cute, i will pardon it'

JohnnyOmega

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuch View Post
Players will assume (I use that word loosely because feigned ignorance is rampant in these parts) that those are the only ways they can be reported. They will then find ways that don't appear in the tutorial to troll and harass, and then claim they didn't know (most likely falsely).
Solution: Disclaimer telling the player that there are other ways players can get reported and reminding them to read the Summoner's Code to understand how to behave during matches. Claims become worthless.

JohnnyOmega

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMriswith View Post
A reward at the end is to encourage players to take part in the learning experience.

If you take into account the fact that there could be players with potentially low interest in understanding how to report players, or about the Tribunal system itself, a little incentive could go a long way.

If it means increasing the number of players with basic knowledge of the punitive system, then a relatively cheap incentive like an ip boost would be worth it imo.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuch View Post
If people don't know what's right and what's wrong, a tutorial isn't going to help them. It's not even the major things that most people will get hung up on, it will be the many many small things that would be impossible to capture in a short tutorial. It's the hundreds of similar but varied experiences many of us have had while playing this game, that can't really be accurately reproduced to that extent.

I agree. I also doing think that people not knowing how to report is a major problem. And it does look pretty bad if the game instructs you on players who troll and swear at you.