Too much of racism in your game RIOT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raziker

08-23-2012

Now ive been playing this game for long time and YES my account is banned for reporting players. I specially report players that pass some racism comment during the game , as a black person i found the n word really offensive and should be an instant perma ban for that. And as you know ive seen some report on players that use the n words and finnaly got pardon from it ... unacceptable ... i am now reviewing a case read this:

Caitlyn [All][00:27:01] :feeding and then verbal abuse.

Lulu [All][00:27:09] :my mouth is a gaping ******

Lulu [All][00:27:15] :derp

Irelia [All][00:27:18] :acording to him

Irelia [All][00:28:00] :and ryze told us he was "winning"
Caitlyn [All][00:28:11] :his score pretty much tells that.
Xin Zhao [All][00:28:12] :he was
Volibear[00:28:23] :hey ****err ****k, stfu u ****** mouthed uncle ****ker who likes jonas brothers. GO BACK TO AFRICA ****GERS!!!!!!
Mordekaiser [All][00:28:23] :yep
Mordekaiser [All][00:28:31] :he was out farming me
Xin Zhao [All][00:28:37] :Then someone ****ed up
Irelia [All][00:29:04] :he did
Cho'Gath [All][00:29:14] :lucky lol
Ryze [All][00:29:24] :these idiots have been *****ing at me all game
Ryze [All][00:29:30] :I finally snapped
Ryze [All][00:29:40] :report me if you want but they just ground on my nerves for too long

Now if i had report that one some of the trolls in the tribunal would press PARDON and people that report him:

Volibear[00:28:23] :hey ****err ****k, stfu u ****** mouthed uncle ****ker who likes jonas brothers. GO BACK TO AFRICA ****GERS!!!!!!

Would be ban for false reporting. This is why i think your system of banning people that reports orthers is ridiculous a childness attitude and doesnt reflect what riot should be.
Im glad i have this case in my hand and punish this KID because its probably a child since your game is FREE and KIDS get MAD really fast and use OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE during the game. By the way .... Kis dont bring money to riot , i wont ask my mom for Credit card to play a game that she probably hate since im always in front of the computer. Adult does bring money to the game and tries to bring the game more fun to be played and respectful. Ive already sent you my ticket about my account and i think you should have a look at it because your system pardon people that does racism comment during game. in 2012 its unacceptable to pardon players that use N words in the game.

msgerbs

08-23-2012

... What?

Debesh Unnos

08-23-2012

...what?

Doc Swiss

08-23-2012

...Eh?

I think I missed the point in that spiel.

ffanatic13

08-24-2012

Idk about the rest of the community but use of any biggoted language results in an immediate after game report and any case I read I will automatically punish

FallenInfinity

08-24-2012

Okay, I agree that racism deserves a permaban, but unfortunately Riot is lenient, and offers players a chance to reform.
Most normal people will see racism in a report, and almost instantly decide on punish.

You wouldn't get banned for false reporting if the person is pardoned. You will get banned for false reporting if a large portion of your reports result in pardon/never reach the tribunal.

Looking at statistics, this makes it look like abusing the system.

Realize, some people report for any foul language... one person says the F word once in a game, could be reported afterwards... As long as that person never aimed it at any other players, even if they end up in the tribunal, many would consider this acceptable, because they weren't lashing out at anyone, but simply stressed due to a bad situation.

If you really had reasons to report all the people you did, submit an appeal here, and perhaps explain if you had high standards. Submit the appeal saying "I would instantly report at any use of racist remarks, or any foul language, no matter how little"... this will give them the idea that you were reporting genuinely, but at a lower threshold. This would also give them something easy to look out for, allowing them to skim through the chat logs, seeing "oh this person did say... so and so once or twice..." and eventually, with enough data, you'll be alright.

Yes, there are trolls in the Tribunal, but they rarely effect cases. Also realize, that the people that trolls manage to pardon in cases, are likely to end up at the hands of the Tribunal again, and the people who the trolls punish, are capable of appealing successfully (but are likely only at warning level anyway, since they shouldn't have been in the Tribunal in the first place)