Tribunal a Joke?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tethin

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Angel View Post
All you had to do was be the bigger man and use /ignore and report after the game. Instead of that rational simple solution, you decided it was better to throw fuel on the fire and try to win a pissing contest on the internet.
So much agree! +1


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiration

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Basically what everyone else is saying. I don't think you deserved reports for Incident 3, but you definitely deserved a punish from Incidents 1+2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeedingTheEnemy

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicus View Post
the first incident not only did you flame your team the only equipment you had were boots. that in reflection of your score was feeding.
I sold up at the end of the game and bought mobility boots and wards (which made a lovely garden). The game was long gone by that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicus View Post
so you admit to trolling your team which is a bannable offense. you dieing to baron constantly means that you are not there helping your team.
I had already been abandoned by my team, we would go to engage in a fight, then they would run the other way and leave me to die in a 3+vs 1. Surely by doing such, they are all as guilty as I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicus View Post
in the second incident it is your foul language that gets you in trouble.
I may have been caught in a less than stellar mood, but perhaps you should re-read the chatlog. My language is rather tame in comparison to what I was facing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxicus View Post
also this isn't your first case otherwise you would have gotten a warning.
This is my first tribunal case, as far as I'm aware.

Also, could people please note, the word "ret@rd" is not in itself offensive. Mental retardation is only one sense of the word.
a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social ret@rd.
So, making a decision/mistake that hinders your teams chances to win, is retarded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeedingTheEnemy

Member

08-23-2012

And so everyone is perfectly clear on the matter...
This IS my first time before the tribunal, and I have had no such warnings in the past for my conduct.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTheEnemy View Post
I sold up at the end of the game and bought mobility boots and wards (which made a lovely garden). The game was long gone by that point.

I had already been abandoned by my team, we would go to engage in a fight, then they would run the other way and leave me to die in a 3+vs 1. Surely by doing such, they are all as guilty as I?

I may have been caught in a less than stellar mood, but perhaps you should re-read the chatlog. My language is rather tame in comparison to what I was facing.

This is my first tribunal case, as far as I'm aware.

Also, could people please note, the word "ret@rd" is not in itself offensive. Mental retardation is only one sense of the word.
a person who is stupid, obtuse, or ineffective in some way: a hopeless social ret@rd.
So, making a decision/mistake that hinders your teams chances to win, is retarded.
noun
Pronunciation: /ˈrēˌtärd/ offensive
a mentally handicapped person (often used as a general term of abuse). From Oxford.

As for it being your first transgression, that's fine. Gives you a good chance to learn from the experience so it doesn't happen again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunOfBrixton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-23-2012

The Tribunal is completely flawed. If I were so inclined, my self and a few friends could easily report someone every game by literally making everything up. All you have is the chat log, and score.

If myself and two or three others claim someone is exhibiting behavior X. The log will show that three or four people reported this person for the same behavior, and that person will get punished.

"But that isn't likely to happen!" Bull. It has happened to me.


And for what it's worth, I agree wholeheartedly with Whichi. The fact that all of your solutions to this problem are to mute them or sit there and take it is mind boggling.

Look at a majority of actual laws; You have a right to defend yourself. If someone assaults you verbally, yelling back is both your right and legal.

It's a very ridiculous concept to just allow yourself to be abused. And to address the "mute" answer. How does that help anything? Then you're purposely refusing to communicate with the team, another reportable offense.

I cannot tell you how many times or how often I'm subjected to these, to use this word even more, toxic people. The feeling of being powerless against them is lunacy. All it takes is two people to completely shut down my ability to enjoy this game. Vote 3/2 doesn't pass. Wait to lose wait to lose wait to lose.

I would suggest including the pre-game, and post game lobby's in the chat log for review. I would also suggest a non-anonymous surrender vote system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhyteDem0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

This guy didn't deserve to be punished simply because he fell for the troll bait. This is just another case of the trolls winning while their victims get punished. Everyone saying he deserved the punishment are sheeple. Good job, you're what's actually toxic in this system. I mean, aside from anyone under the age of 12, who takes actual offense to anything this guy says? Not once did he throw out the first insult, nor did he escalate the insults. The logic behind your posts is ludicrous and it somewhat confuses me (can'ttelliftrollingorstupid.jpg).

TL;DR - Only the trolls win in this system.

Edit: Also, what the guy said before me, add most of it to what I said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunOfBrixton View Post
The Tribunal is completely flawed. If I were so inclined, my self and a few friends could easily report someone every game by literally making everything up. All you have is the chat log, and score.

If myself and two or three others claim someone is exhibiting behavior X. The log will show that three or four people reported this person for the same behavior, and that person will get punished.

"But that isn't likely to happen!" Bull. It has happened to me.


And for what it's worth, I agree wholeheartedly with Whichi. The fact that all of your solutions to this problem are to mute them or sit there and take it is mind boggling.

Look at a majority of actual laws; You have a right to defend yourself. If someone assaults you verbally, yelling back is both your right and legal.

It's a very ridiculous concept to just allow yourself to be abused. And to address the "mute" answer. How does that help anything? Then you're purposely refusing to communicate with the team, another reportable offense.

I cannot tell you how many times or how often I'm subjected to these, to use this word even more, toxic people. The feeling of being powerless against them is lunacy. All it takes is two people to completely shut down my ability to enjoy this game. Vote 3/2 doesn't pass. Wait to lose wait to lose wait to lose.

I would suggest including the pre-game, and post game lobby's in the chat log for review. I would also suggest a non-anonymous surrender vote system.
And for something like that happening to you, all we have is your say so. Show us the card. As for erroneous reporting, I'm guessing you haven't been on the boards for the last couple of days? Even if people were able to build a conspiracy and report you down, it would never get past the voting system.

As for toxic people: yes, the situation sucks when you get matched up with them. Do you need to rage back? No. Do you have the option to mute them in-game, and report them afterward? Yes. You cannot equate people being trolls in-game to people assaulting you etc in real life. If you could just type a word and the assault was immediately over, the justice system would be quite a bit different, no?

You are in no way powerless, and there is no excuse for answering toxic behavior with more toxic behavior; not with the tools we have to combat it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunOfBrixton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyteDem0n View Post
This guy didn't deserve to be punished simply because he fell for the troll bait. This is just another case of the trolls winning while their victims get punished. Everyone saying he deserved the punishment are sheeple. Good job, you're what's actually toxic in this system. I mean, aside from anyone under the age of 12, who takes actual offense to anything this guy says? Not once did he throw out the first insult, nor did he escalate the insults. The logic behind your posts is ludicrous and it somewhat confuses me (can'ttelliftrollingorstupid.jpg).

TL;DR - Only the trolls win in this system.

Edit: Also, what the guy said before me, add most of it to what I said.
Completely agree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoldenPlana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

u deserve it