Tribunal a Joke?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeedingTheEnemy

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeen View Post
Well this is what will get you back into the tribunal. This is behaviour you need to change, or the system will begin giving you steeper consequences.
No. What will happen is, I will stop responding to the trolls, and end up back in the tribunal for refusing to communicate, or other such nonsense.
Catch22.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thuch

Senior Member

08-24-2012

My prediction:
1) You will end up serving your entire ban time. Most likely refuting it on these forums the entire time.
Just an observation from what has already transpired here. It doesn't look like the ban is going to be overturned, and your resolve on this topic has been....unwavering.
2) You will end up back in the Tribunal.
You have given no indication that that you are going to stop. In fact, you seem to be trying to justify the actions that got you banned in the first place. This is a good indication that the reasons you were reported in the past will continue.
3) You will end up, at some point, with a permaban.
If the behavior that led to this ban continues, then it will most likely end up this way. Sorry.
4) After the permaban, you will be back on the forums, posting about how it was unjust.
It happens all to often. I'd be willing to bet that 80% of the posts in the Tribunal Forum are from people who believe that they have been wrongfully banned. 0.1% of them are actually justified in their belief.
5) A Riot employee will respond and tell you why you were banned.
This is if you are lucky, I'm sure many of the posts in here never get that chance.
6) You will continue to call the Riot employees, and anyone who sides with them, names.
This is just a trend that I have seen in this thread and amongst the others who are in your situation.
7) What ever alt account you make to post will also be banned.
8) Eventually, you will give up and go on with your life.

This is all based on your unwillingness to accept criticism and advice in this forum post.

I wish I were a Riot employee to see how accurate my predictions are just from my own observations, without the availability of all of their (Riot's) fancy statistics.

To summarize: Ban continues, permaban ensues, complaints filed, eventual failure, the end.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

Senior Member

08-24-2012

I want to point out that a mature, well-behaved player would not be an advocate of intentional reciprocation of toxic behavior in-game with more toxic behavior in-game.

It's like being stuck in a small room with two people arguing and screaming at each other while you're just trying to eat your dinner.

The best course of action is always to ignore the player aiming toxic comments at you and report that player at the end of the match. Focus on helping the rest of your team and consoling those who perform poorly with helpful, non-condescending advice and offers to assist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kralael

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTheEnemy View Post
You can't argue my intent against me.
Since you can't provide any concrete proof of your intent and, since the word you use is also used to insult people, I would suggest that you refrain using it. Thus, you would avoid getting banned or suspended from using words that are now deemed offensive.

Feel free to disagree, or even ask for liberty of speech, but I'll just point out tthat insulting people isn't covered by that liberty.

Thus, being toxic to the community isn't tolerated, even if you feel you're not the first offender: it doesn't matter who threw the rocks first. If you throw rocks, you throw rocks.

Since its your first suspension, I would advise to avoid being toxic, use the ignore function and the report function as they are intended. I would also suggest a little introspection regarding your behavior.

What got on your nerves that hard?
What really got on your nerves?
Why is that so?
Is there anything you could've done different?
Is there anything you could've changed to the situation?
What could you do in the future to avoid such reactions from your part?
What concrete solutions could you adopt to prevent further behavior like you had ?

As I suggested, those questions, once answered to yourself (and with a lil' bit of goodwill) will help you improve your behavior and make this community better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-24-2012

bumping because its needed... because justice needs to be brought to this game.. to the rioters and to the other insanely ignorant ass responses in this thread..

When someone is being rude to you, you will respond.. period.. thats the way the human brain and body work.. if you dont like that.. then stop playing the game..

Being banned or even what you guy's are all doing in this thread RIGHT NOW Constantly and insulting on the op is pathetic...simply all for trying to defend yourself??... what century is this exactly?....

If defending yourselves causes you to be removed from this game then holy **** this game defies human logic .... You might not have to type it nor being forced, but that still doesnt make it right to just BAN them...

Two wrongs. do NOT make a right... When you're banning players like this you're feeding the trolls themselves.. you're continuning to bring more bad players into this game. You're not helping your game, its simply the way it works... If people know that pissing somebody off will get them banned then i see no reason why the trolls wouldnt want to do it...

Your tribunal system is a fail, this goes without saying. If you cannot comprehend what i've typed then you really dont deserve to be playing this game...

Another thing is that with everyones arguements here it goes both ways and nobody sees or says anything about that... The tribunals goal is to remove all flaming rude players... If the draven in case 1 and morgana in case 2 had already been removed from this game, this thread wouldnt exist.. the op wouldnt be banned.. he wouldnt have hit the tribunal.. because he got in trouble for defending himself against trolling fool's...

how in any dimension is that fair?

It's very very easy to see why the tribunal is a god awful system, to simply put someone against their own human instinct just to play a video game is wrong and shouldnt be forced on people just because they want to have fun... The flat out insulting and flaming is what belongs in the tribunal.. Not someone who's being trolled that doesnt even make sense...

If you all want to blindly agree with riot go ahead... But it just continues to make league have the worst community ever known to man and it acknowledges the fact that this game will kill itself with trolls before the tribunal can ever even get close..

For every good there is bad.. So if you really believe that banning a player is good, what could the bad be... exactly....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichi View Post
bumping because its needed... because justice needs to be brought to this game.. to the rioters and to the other insanely ignorant ass responses in this thread..

When someone is being rude to you, you will respond.. period.. thats the way the human brain and body work.. if you dont like that.. then stop playing the game..
You're right. I will respond. With "please stop and just play". If they don't stop, I do the mature and adult thing to do and ignore them. I don't have to prove my epeen to anyone. I'm never going to see them again. If you have to defend yourself in a video game, you've got some serious self-esteem issues.

Quote:
Being banned or even what you guy's are all doing in this thread RIGHT NOW Constantly and insulting on the op is pathetic...simply all for trying to defend yourself??... what century is this exactly?....
The 21st Century. Where most of us have become civilized and realize that breaking the rules makes you subject to punishment. What century are you living in?

Quote:
If defending yourselves causes you to be removed from this game then holy **** this game defies human logic .... You might not have to type it nor being forced, but that still doesnt make it right to just BAN them...
What defies human logic is the inability to follow rules.

Quote:
Two wrongs. do NOT make a right...
This is exactly what we've been trying to say to the OP yet he won't listen. The people trolling him were wrong. He was also wrong.

Quote:
When you're banning players like this you're feeding the trolls themselves.. you're continuning to bring more bad players into this game. You're not helping your game, its simply the way it works... If people know that pissing somebody off will get them banned then i see no reason why the trolls wouldnt want to do it...
Again, there is the ignore feature specifically for this reason. It's not Riot's fault or the judges fault because the OP refuses to use it.

Quote:
Your tribunal system is a fail, this goes without saying. If you cannot comprehend what i've typed then you really dont deserve to be playing this game...
We comprehend it. It's just wrong.

Quote:
Another thing is that with everyones arguements here it goes both ways and nobody sees or says anything about that... The tribunals goal is to remove all flaming rude players... If the draven in case 1 and morgana in case 2 had already been removed from this game, this thread wouldnt exist.. the op wouldnt be banned.. he wouldnt have hit the tribunal.. because he got in trouble for defending himself against trolling fool's...
And how do you know that isn't the very first game they decided to troll someone? Most likely though, is that they have cases pending and will be removed shortly.

Quote:
how in any dimension is that fair?
Well, you're not being logical...so it won't sound fair to you.

Quote:
It's very very easy to see why the tribunal is a god awful system, to simply put someone against their own human instinct just to play a video game is wrong and shouldnt be forced on people just because they want to have fun... The flat out insulting and flaming is what belongs in the tribunal.. Not someone who's being trolled that doesnt even make sense...
You know what else is human instinct? Doing whatever we feel like it.
You know what keeps us from doing that? Laws.
You got a problem with that?

And no one is forcing anything. The OP was never forced to play the game. If the OP had any semblance of self-control he would simply mute the trolls and guess what...HE WOULDN'T BE HERE RIGHT NOW COMPLAINING. He'd still be playing, unbanned.

Quote:
If you all want to blindly agree with riot go ahead... But it just continues to make league have the worst community ever known to man and it acknowledges the fact that this game will kill itself with trolls before the tribunal can ever even get close..
Actually, according to this thread, we seem to be getting rid of the right people.

Quote:
For every good there is bad.. So if you really believe that banning a player is good, what could the bad be... exactly....
What?

If I had an extra $100 and I decided to give it to you for no reason, where is the bad?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingTheEnemy View Post
No. What will happen is, I will stop responding to the trolls, and end up back in the tribunal for refusing to communicate, or other such nonsense.
Catch22.
You can stop feeding the trolls AND still say "mia".

I don't know why you can't grasp that concept.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mistymoose

Member

08-24-2012

People will still read over your case, if it was obvious they were being jerks then you will be pardoned for failing to communicate.

While yes Draven was pretty rude an eye for an eye isn't exactly written into the summoners code, and ignore is there for a reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bendyahova

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Hi there FeedingTheEnemy,

Just to give you my two cents for whatever it is for you. You asked for feedback so here you go from me. I probably would have voted Punish on your case. Are you by far the worst I've seen come through here, absolutely not, but at the same time you contributed negatively as well. Now hopefully as others have said and pointed out, the other guilty parties as well that were baiting were also sent to the Tribunal because they deserve harsher penalties than what you got.

That all said, Incident One: Started off bad, since mid will often leash the red buff in solo Q since it's a very short run for you, you flatly refused to because you didn't want to miss 1-2 CS possibly? Then at the 11:15 mark you say "You *******", which is never a friendly team building term. Not sure what went down, but you weren't attempting to build team morale at that point. Now Draven definitely needed reporting as well because at this point he starts to troll you, which for the most part you did well to ignore/defend, no problem really with your actions. But then you start to suicide/feed whatever. Feeding is only slightly worse than running into a turret or baron repeatedly. Zero difference between then person who sits in the base AFK and you. Neither are contributing to the fight. The rest of your team is continuing to fight on despite you guys fighting at this point and feel like they can win. Because you don't get your surrender you go into pre-school pout mode and purposely start to tank. You sold all of your items and did zero contribution. Just because you believe it's a non winnable situation, doesn't necessarily make it so. At the point he decided to get personal about your mother early in the game, you should have just ignored him and carried on. He was really the only issue against you in that game, but your actions then brought the wraith of others on the team. Game one alone is punishable.

Incident Two: You are trying to make aggressive pro plays as stated by your early comment about invading and taking Skarner's blue, yet then start to fight with morg about how you need the second blue and how she shouldn't be taking your wraith camp. From the chat log you aren't pressuring the lanes with ganks either. Then Leona and Draven both say to give Morg next blue, the 3rd blue, and you to spite morg because you can't get over your early squabble with her flatly say no which handicaps her and the team. You also then proudly tell everyone later you will take every blue from morg. You are purposely screwing over the team because you two can't act like adults. That was it right there for me as well. That's punishable.

Third Incident: Yeah there was nothing there to see, you were fine.

Like I stated earlier, you are from the worst offenders we tend to see in the Tribunal, but your vote for punishment was just in my opinion. You now admit you have been warned before, you missed it and that's no one else's fault but yours. Hopefully you will live and learn and come back and not have any repeat performances. However it seems unlikely since you believe you were railroaded and this was the most unjust decision ever. Which basically tells me that you believe you have done nothing wrong and there is nothing to learn from this situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elchulus

Senior Member

08-24-2012

Just looking at this thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2509327

where some of the people who were much more "toxic" were pardoned, leads me to believe that OP should have been pardoned as well.

Regardless, the Tribunal is not balanced in its decisions at all.