Tribunal should emulate Toontown Online

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheeConfederacy

Junior Member

01-22-2012

Toowntown online has an in-game report feature for those Toons who break the Disney code. These reports are then reviewed by a moderator and if the accused is found guilty they are warned/punished but in the case they are found innocent the false accuser is warned/punished. This would honestly help with people who spam the report button if they simply don't like another player.

Make the system a little more just.

Find your opinions gentlemens.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperTrollBR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-22-2012

Yah... Actually it's pretty much free to report people even if they did nothing wrong... I can say that because 50% of the games people say they will report me for some reason, even if i'm doing great as a team player and stuff...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powerbats

Senior Member

01-22-2012

So Disney online has how many players now and deals with how many reports a day?

Just because someone says their going to report you doesn't mean they do, and even if they do, if your not being a ****** your fine.

You get pardoned, they get reduced reporting weight so they get punished in a matter of speaking, amazing that 98.6% of the player base never seems to have an issue with this and of the remaining 1.4% only 0.&% ever seems to have an issue after getting warned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titan9900

Senior Member

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeConfederacy View Post
These reports are then reviewed by a moderator and if the accused is found guilty they are warned/punished but in the case they are found innocent the false accuser is warned/punished.
A member of the Riot Games support team will be assigned to audit The Tribunal system, and will be responsible for reviewing the individual cases deserving of more extreme punishment (generally, anything harsher than a single day ban). The Riot Games staff member will ultimately be responsible for manually approving the appropriate punishment, assigning a less severe level of punishment, or for pardoning the offending user, all of which the staff member shall implement in Riot Games’ sole and absolute discretion.


Also you should never be punished for reporting, that is just common sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheeConfederacy

Junior Member

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbats View Post
So Disney online has how many players now and deals with how many reports a day?

Just because someone says their going to report you doesn't mean they do, and even if they do, if your not being a ****** your fine.

You get pardoned, they get reduced reporting weight so they get punished in a matter of speaking, amazing that 98.6% of the player base never seems to have an issue with this and of the remaining 1.4% only 0.&% ever seems to have an issue after getting warned.
1.4% of 30 million is still a ton of people. Think of how many of those accounts are smurfs. Let's say the average user has 2 accounts. That doubles the chances of them being affected by the tribunal as there would only be 15 million users behind the 30 million accounts.

This is one of the few threads in this forum that is an honest suggestion and not just a rant and rave about how I was unjustly banned and Riot doesn't care. I honestly think that people overuse the report button (I'm guilty of it as well) and there should be consequences.

The summoners code preaches good sportsmanship, and begging your team to report x (crappy but innocent player) is ridiculously unsportsmanlike. And reporting someone for no reason deserves a punishment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazer2k7

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan9900 View Post
A member of the Riot Games support team will be assigned to audit The Tribunal system, and will be responsible for reviewing the individual cases deserving of more extreme punishment (generally, anything harsher than a single day ban). The Riot Games staff member will ultimately be responsible for manually approving the appropriate punishment, assigning a less severe level of punishment, or for pardoning the offending user, all of which the staff member shall implement in Riot Games’ sole and absolute discretion.


Also you should never be punished for reporting, that is just common sense.
No way. I've done everything possible to be a positive force in-game. I've used the 'ignore' button easily over 100 times because over half the time *I'M* the one being harassed. And of course I can't do anything about.. I was suspended once and choose not to retaliate.

In the end I'm suspended again. There's no way.

Either Tribunal is broken
(Too heavy-handed to repeat offenders maybe?)

Or it's being abused for gain.(click punish on players already punished once before - increases likelyhood of a collective agreement thereby increasing own personal gain)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verxl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeConfederacy View Post
1.4% of 30 million is still a ton of people. Think of how many of those accounts are smurfs. Let's say the average user has 2 accounts. That doubles the chances of them being affected by the tribunal as there would only be 15 million users behind the 30 million accounts.

This is one of the few threads in this forum that is an honest suggestion and not just a rant and rave about how I was unjustly banned and Riot doesn't care. I honestly think that people overuse the report button (I'm guilty of it as well) and there should be consequences.

The summoners code preaches good sportsmanship, and begging your team to report x (crappy but innocent player) is ridiculously unsportsmanlike. And reporting someone for no reason deserves a punishment.
Nice try, but it's 1.4% of all active accounts.

And there IS a consequence to overusing the report button, you just don't get feedback from it. Every player has a "reporter value" that goes up when the reported person gets punished by the tribunal, and down when the people they report never even make it to the tribunal or get pardoned. Higher reporter value means that your reports are weighed more heavily when considering whether to put said person in tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justout

Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
And there IS a consequence to overusing the report button, you just don't get feedback from it. Every player has a "reporter value" that goes up when the reported person gets punished by the tribunal, and down when the people they report never even make it to the tribunal or get pardoned. Higher reporter value means that your reports are weighed more heavily when considering whether to put said person in tribunal.
Prove it. And no, some forum post by a random red does not prove it.

The truth is that we know very, very little about the inner workings of the Tribunal and only have to go on what Riot tells us at face value.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justout View Post
Prove it. And no, some forum post by a random red does not prove it.
*facepalm*

Then nothing is proven on these forums at all. For all we know, the Tribunal is actually a bunny.

'Some forum post by a random Red' concerning the mechanics of the Tribunal is more credible than 'some forum post by a random player' in my book.

Not always, of course. But I guess you get my point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Justout

Member

01-23-2012

Quote:
*facepalm*

Then nothing is proven on these forums at all. For all we know, the Tribunal is actually a bunny.

'Some forum post by a random Red' concerning the mechanics of the Tribunal is more credible than 'some forum post by a random player' in my book.

Not always, of course. But I guess you get my point.
The fact that I have already been unjustly banned once already puts enough weight on my side of the argument from my point of view.

I can understand that my personal experience doesn't add any weight to the argument from your perspective, that's perfectly fine. However, the abundant amount of people wandering into this forum that do not know why they are banned and believe that the Tribunal is banning innocent players should.

It's a growing amount of people, and the only counterevidence I'm seeing to it is "because you were banned you deserve it" and the only defense of the Tribunal that "riot made it and this is how Riot says it works, therefore it must be fair," despite mounting evidence to the contrary.


12345 ... 6