Trundle Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tejo240

08-23-2012

Hi guys,
I've been thinking of buying trundle for a while now and i think i will. I thought about his build and i want your opinions on what i think the build should be like.

General Trundle Jungling Build (it varies depending on team composition and enemy team)

-vampiric scepter
-wriggles lantern + pots if needed and wards if needed
-Frozen mallet (i prefet frozen mallet to trinity force)
-Black cleaver (for the AD and the AS)
-Warmog's (to get beefy)
-Atma's impaler

other choices:
-Maw of Malmortius (if the enemy team is AP heavy)
-Force of Nature (if the enemy team is AP heavy)
-Madred's Bloodrazor (if really fed)

Opinions?

tejo240

08-23-2012

PS: for boots i would take boots of swiftness because extra speed is needed to chase the enemy on ganks.

For summoner spells i take exhaust and smite.

Etherimp

08-23-2012

nonononono.

Start Boots+3 pots.

Get blue, counter-jungle, gank.

Go Wriggles, Merc Treads, HoG, Phage.

That's your core..

Randuins, Trinity Force, FoN, 2 optional items late game.. Whatever you want really. Maw Of Malmortius, Blood Thirster, Warmogs, Last Whisper, etc.

Flash and Smite.. You need flash for escaping counter-jungling gone wrong, ganking, etc. I suppose exhaust could work too but with your Ulti, Q, and your Pillar, you're already one of the best duelist in the game.

I run 9/21/0 masteries.

Armor Pen and Attack Damage Reds/Quints, Armor Yellows, MR/Lvl blues.

tejo240

08-23-2012

thanks for the advice!

Cerebralbore101

08-23-2012

If you go 21/9/0 in masteries, and get flat AD runes, then buy a vamp scepter to start you will always be at max hp. Max your e first since it's your best ganking tool. In tf disrupt their team with e then r their tank, and focus the carry.

Etherimp

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebralbore101 View Post
If you go 21/9/0 in masteries, and get flat AD runes, then buy a vamp scepter to start you will always be at max hp. Max your e first since it's your best ganking tool. In tf disrupt their team with e then r their tank, and focus the carry.

Do not max your E first. Always max Q first. Max E second after getting W to level 2.

Q is where your damage comes from. Leveling E increases the Slow by a percentage per level and reduces the cooldown.. This is nice, but every gank you pull you will usually only be able to use your E one time either way. The additional slow% is nice, but you won't need the additional slow if you hit them with a level 5 Q.

Q also steals AD from the target, which increases your damage potential even further.

Also, DO NOT BUY BOOTS OF SWIFTNESS.

You do not need them. You have a Slow with your E, and your W increases your movement speed and gives you a decent amount of Tenacity. This is all you will need for ganks.

After early/mid game, you will be getting a Trinity Force, and in late game a FoN is optional. (Banshees Veil is also a good source of MR for Trundle.)

Zeal + Phage + Boots 2 + your W + your slow = You're plenty fast.

Your much better off picking up Merc Treads for the Tenacity + MR.

Do not go Warmogs + Atmas. You benefit MUCH more from Trinity Force. Everything about it synergizes with Trundle.

Attack+Movespeed? You're a melee bruiser. Attack speed helps you keep slow procs on the enemy. The Crit is nice too.
Phage? Slow procs, health, and AD.
Sheen? AA - Q - AA = Procs Sheen.. Additional damage. Makes your Q hurt reaaally bad for squishies. Also has mana.

All you get with Atmogs is Health, Armor, Crit, and AD.. No Attack speed, no move speed, no Sheen procs, no slow.

HoG and Phage give you plenty of mid-game health to stay alive through most engagements if you play smart.

After you pick up Randuins, Trinity Force, Wriggles, and Boots, all you need is some MR (BV or FoN), and either more defense if you're getting focused, or a damage item if you're not.

You CAN go Vampiric Scepter and 21-9-0 if you like.. But you are squishier and you will not be able to counter jungle very effectively.

Why?

1. No boots.. Being faster than their jungler means you can get in and get out and not worry about getting caught. If you do get caught, you will want those boots to escape. Boots allow you to run circles around any jungler you're up against who didn't take boots first. Also makes ganks much more effective.

2. Health pots help keep your health topped off between camps, ganking, and counter-jungling. Keeps you "in the field" and active for longer and allows you to take more risk while doing so. If things get nasty on a gank or while you're traveling through your jungle, a Vampiric Scepter won't save your life unless you're actively attacking something... A health pot may.

On the flip side... Vamp Scepter will allow you to rush Wriggles faster which will make your jungling faster... But without boots, you're missing out on gank and CJ opportunities.

roastbeast

08-24-2012

I disagree with merc treads. His W gives you the effect of mercs, so to me its not as good I usually run tabis for the dodge and armor, helps if you find the enemy jungler in your jungle. I also disagree with needed to take boots first because of his W gives you MS increase so you can outrun other junglers on that. If those fail to get you away from a jungler that happens to get you put your pillar inbetween you and him easy escape. as for ganks those can also apply with his w and pillar. I would be suprised if you actually had trouble fighting other junlgers 1v1. His q reduces thier ad and that really weakens ad junglers like lee sin. Most wont be able to out sustain you. especially with tabis and wriggles.

Vamp cepter gives you really good amount of life gain, nearly double of normal champs because you q after an auto and thats 2 hits to a normal champs 1. with his passive when something dies around you, you gain 3% of your max HP overtime. so just by killing creeps you get 6-12% of your max hp back.(depending on jungle camp).

Just how I do it, to each his own.

Etherimp

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeast View Post
I disagree with merc treads. His W gives you the effect of mercs, so to me its not as good I usually run tabis for the dodge and armor, helps if you find the enemy jungler in your jungle. I also disagree with needed to take boots first because of his W gives you MS increase so you can outrun other junglers on that. If those fail to get you away from a jungler that happens to get you put your pillar inbetween you and him easy escape. as for ganks those can also apply with his w and pillar. I would be suprised if you actually had trouble fighting other junlgers 1v1. His q reduces thier ad and that really weakens ad junglers like lee sin. Most wont be able to out sustain you. especially with tabis and wriggles.

Vamp cepter gives you really good amount of life gain, nearly double of normal champs because you q after an auto and thats 2 hits to a normal champs 1. with his passive when something dies around you, you gain 3% of your max HP overtime. so just by killing creeps you get 6-12% of your max hp back.(depending on jungle camp).

Just how I do it, to each his own.

Merc treads stack with his W... If you get CC'd while your W is not down, then you do not have ANY tenacity, what-so-ever.

Also, there is no "DODGE" on Ninja Tabi, only armor, and it reduces damage taken from auto-attacks by 10%.

Merc Treads are MUCH more useful, since you are already picking up Armor from Wriggles, Merc Treads will be your only source of MR outside of MR/Lvl Blues for quite a while.

There's no valid argument for NOT taking MORE tenacity. More Tenacity = CC lasts a fraction of the time it normally would.

And, Movespeed from your W only last from the time you move from one side of it to the next, where as Boots movespeed constantly, which assists in counter-jungling AND ganking AND moving around the map opening up gank opportunities and counter-jungling opportunities. You cannot constantly walk in your W.. Your W is a gap closing tool for when you're going in for a kill or escaping one.

Vamp Scepter gives you nice lifesteal, yes.. But you really don't need it more than you need boots in my opinion. Getting First Blood is much more important and boots will help you do that much easier.

Inflexions

08-24-2012

Coming to an open discussion forum about item builds is probably the worst thing you could do. Item builds shouldn't have to be justified, they should make sense and explain themselves. Build according to how the game at hand is, no build in a game should be determined purely based on the champion you are playing. Trundle is a jungle that relies on wriggles to reach full potential in the jungle, other than that the rest is up to you.

roastbeast

08-25-2012

Etherimp, are you correct, no dodge my derp. I meant the auto attack reduction. Tenacity will not stack, but it will stack multiplicatively with crowd control reduction effects. So you get 35 from mercs and 40% from contaminate(rank5) = 61%. A team with strong auto attackers even if its only 3 from the sources of damage you'll mostly be taking is physical. They would have to be really AP heavy or CC heavy to make mercs on trundle better imo. you could easily make up the lost MR by getting a wits end as I do. Best way to do it is to counter build the enemy team.