Creative Design AMA: Rengar, the Pridestalker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opreich

08-23-2012

Thanks for the answers to my questions Skribbles, really good read.

Also noticed you have been dodging nearly every Cho related question though. :P

What is the head on his shoulder in has Headhunter Skin? Baron and Cho heads are in the background on the splash but I can't figure out what's on his shoulder.

Also, got anymore info on his eyepatch? You seemed to say it wasn't 'techy' but the thing is glowing.

IS1bebc30e34fedef61db6c

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skribbles View Post
I'd actually love to get feedback from Europe, but there are a couple limiting factors. One, the time zones make it pretty rough for EU guys to be on when we're here working, but maybe we should post something on that forum to pull people over. Two, and this is the kicker, we wouldn't be able to answer questions very effectively in other languages. We are looking to find ways to make the AMAs more broadly received though, thanks for bringing it up!
Yet you (but rest assure this counts for 99.99% of Riot HQ) find it too hard to click 1 button to post at EU, which only tells me Riot does not want to involve with Europe, something which has become painfully clear the last 8 months where not even the slightest effort is made to get any communication done with their other communities, for lore for example its an absolute 0, for tribunal I would rate it a 6/10.

Time zones IS NOT an excuse this is a forum it does not matter in what time frame it is answered. This is another poor typical Riot excuse for ignoring their European (and soon other) communities, so is language, EUW and EUNE both have English boards. I understand you can't go posting in German/French or whatever, but we have English boards too. The only problem is that Riot does not want to make the effort and needs a mentality change.

I brought this up tons of times, so much even it cost me my European forum account because the mods did not like me saying how it is, Riot is just another American company that doesn't care for anything but America. Riot refuses to talk or do anything about this.

NaturalTKO

08-24-2012

Questions; most serious, others humorous:

1.Has Rengar ever met or heard of any of the champions in the League before he joined?

2. Is Headhunter Rangar canon? If it is, then why do him and Yi share the same armor, or have different armor that share the same name?

3. Would Rengar ever make friends or family, or is he entirely devoted to the hunting lifestyle to care about such things currently?

4. Will Rengar ever think his trophy collection is complete, or will he keep going until he dies?

5. Would Rengar ever take up a student, or does he consider teaching to bothersome and takes away from his hunting time?

6. If Rengar fought the Predator or a Xenophobe, who would come at on top?

7. Why is Rengar missing a shoulder cannon? No true predator is complete without a shoulder cannon. Maybe in Pulsefire Rengar, he will have a shoulder cannon that shoots electrified bolas?

8. Since Nidalee is technically feline also; what are Rengar's views on her and vice-versa?

9. Would Rengar be distracted by stereotypical cat vices, like a ball of yarn, or catnip?

10. Speaking of Nidalee and Rengar, would these two get Thundercat skins? I can so see Rengar and Nidalee as Lion-O and Cheetara in my head right now; its perfect.

11. How does Rengar feel about these other animal-based champions since they are similar to him? Like Twitch, Rammus, Wukong, Volibear, Cassiopeia, etc.

12. Since Blitzcrank and Orianna are machine and not actual living people or animals, would he still hunt them?

13. Is there any Champ Rengar doesn't consider worthy, or does he hold interest in them all?

14. The Bonetooth Necklace; where do the teeth come from that he keeps adding to it? Does he pull them out of the victims he has killed?

15. Final one; Does Rengar and any of the other animal type champs suffer from a mating season, or are they just so advanced now that they don't feel such things anymore?

Jordian

08-24-2012

What would Rengar think of Skarner? he is a creature like he has never seen. A ancient creature from the past the last of his kind! I mean if he is the only one Rengar should be all over that! I think Skarner would be one of the greatest Trophies he could get. Also I wonder what he would think about him. Since Skarner is the last of his kind isolated kind of like Rengar.

webbut

08-24-2012

Quote:
The best info I can give you is that the creature is as it is described in the bio.
It says in Rengar's lore that the creature he fought outclassed anything he'd ever hunted

Is this confirmation that the creature was in fact Cho'gath...as he is the classiest mofo who as ever graced the league, runeterra, or the void. I'm not even sure if Monocles exist in runeterra yet Cho'gath seems to posses one.

Unrelated side note. Say Rengar is out hunting and Cho'gath appears and Rengar kills him( this is a hypothetical question we all know who would actually kill who) what piece of Cho'gath does Rengar take as a trophy?

A)Claws
B)Mandibles
C)Top Hat
D)Monocle to improve the vision of his bad eye....or even to wear over his eye patch just for some improved swag

IS14660b964a8a1420ebec4

08-24-2012

Diana's log-in song actually had a name, does Rengar's?
And on the subject, do any of the other unique log-in songs?

Lastly, while skins are non-canon, does Rengar have a dragon and Baron Nashor head mounted on his wall?

Nwol

08-24-2012

1.) Who do you see Rengar actually becoming allies/friends with within the league?

2.) Does Rengar have a race? Are there more Rengar like creatures out there? Or is he the last of his kind?

Docxm

08-25-2012

Regarding the riddle, is the answer a "Crown"? This is actually my first time reading an AMA so I don't know if the answers have a "theme" or not, sorry.

Urbaknight

08-26-2012

Quote:
I think Annie's the only one who's ever tried to give Amumu a pep talk, although it probably ended in her "accidentally" lighting his bandages on fire.
I thought that Annie and Amumu were friends!

SeriouS LolruS

08-29-2012

1). Was Rengar's relationship with his father positive?
(I imagine them having a positive but competitive relationship.)

2). How does Rengar feel about religion? Are there any hunter gods he'd respect? Or cat gods? Or does he tend to just disregard it entirely?

3a). Has Rengar ever traveled to other lands (Freljord, Shurima) to hunt?

3b). If yes to 3a, what about Ionia?

4). Is Rengar well-read?
(I'd imagine he spent much time studying hunting tactics as well as learning from his father.)

5). Is Rengar's father still alive?
(I kindasortamaybe killed Rengar's father off for my rendition of him.)

Also I see my Rengar vs the Nargacuga art in here ;P (#goddamnitjolan) It's from my Rengar askblog which is right here.