Rhionor, the Raging Executioner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Éidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Attachment 515779

Melee, Tank

Visuals

Rough Close-Up Sketch
Attachment 515197
Full Body Sketch (The ropes are actually chains, too lazy to draw chains as they're a b*tch. Same with the chain-mail.. drew a bit to give an idea, but I'll save detailing textures for the end.
Attachment 515779

Literal Design
Made it so that Rhionor has one heavily protected leg that is made of steel plate armor, covered by chain mail up to his toes with the other naked leg not covered in the chain-mail, however reinforced his nails with steel plates to help Rionor with grip on the ground and to protect his toes.

Made it so that on one arm he has a Meat Hook attached to a long chain that wraps around his arm (Also wears a Brawler's Glove.... yup that one!) and down onto a loop on his belt. The chain continues onto his other arm, wraps around his wrist with an executioner style axe (might make it a Butcher Knife) on the end of it which he can throw..

Gave him two nipple piercings..... cause he's a bad-ass mofo... and he probably has a prince-albert as well.. Kept the spacers on his ears, I reinforced his main horn with steel plates around on of the side and spikes that move upward to the tip... Increased his gash size on his upper lip, revealing his gums and teeth. Also made it so that there are a few veins that are bulging out.... just because it also looks badass.

Design Theme/ Champion Mechanics
Rhionor's theme and design revolves around a tank Champion who has massive tenacity and that can CC depending on properly timed counter-attacks and precise skill shots. He gets more resilient the faster he moves or the more Rage he acquires; much like rhinos in their natural design. They have hard, thick skin and a solid center of gravity. If they charge they don't stop and you'll get the horn.
Added executioner qualities to Rhionor like his Ult which instantly kills a champion if they're less then a small percent of health if Rhionor ends up impaling them against a surface; however only able to focus one, making that kill a lot harder to achieve. He has counter-abilities which if timed right can pull in an enemy towards him. I also gave him another neat "Tug-O-War" game-play mechanic never before seen. When he lashes onto an enemy champion with his Q he can then walk the opposite direction, away from them and pull them towards his general direction depending on a combination of Tenacity, Movement Speed and the enemy Summoner's movement clicks. The more he closes in to an attached enemy the shorter the distance between Rhionor and the enemy Champion will become, allowing him to effectively counter-attack after pulling them in as soon as the lash breaks. If he charges fast enough and catches up to the lashed Champion he can snare them through suffocation, providing even more CC. Though Rhionor doesn't have much damage out-put, he has decent poke and a lot of skilled CC. His Ult is designed more like a finisher much like Garen's and something to catch up to an enemy like Rammus' Spin.

Log-In Design
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jqdw...feature=relmfu

Rhionor's back is turned at the top of a hill, standing in front of an executioner's device with the blade revealed on the top. Summoners can make out that it's an executioner but it's not revealed that it's a Rhino. After you see the blade drop, you see Rhionor pull a chain to re-raise it revealing blood on the blade and you slowly see blood seeping down around his feet. You then see Rhionor drop his hook on the ground with a head lodged on it as he clocks his head to the side into a profile view; revealing that it's not just any ordinary executioner... but a mathaf*cking Rhino.

Abilities
Passive: The faster Rhionor's movement speed, the less damage he takes. If Rage is at full he gains increased Movement Speed, Mag Res, and Armor.

Attachment 525160
Q: Tearing Chains: At a long distance, Rhionor throws his Hook/Chain. If it hits an enemy champion, the enemy champion is dealt damage and slowed for 1 second; pulling him into the direction Rionor is moving depending on the Movement Speed differences. The chain returns to Rhionor after 5 seconds, however he can not pull them in like Blitz's grab. More like a long range Skarner Ult. Skill shot. If Rionor runs up to the hooked Champion, he tangels his chains around his arm as he closes. Creating a smaller gap between the tug of war. If he reaches them instead of pulling them; he wraps his chain around the enemy's neck, snaring, slowing, fearing all at once and dealing suffocation damage which is similar to poison. When lashed, Rhionor can hold Q to loosen the slack between him and his opponent.

Attachment 525159
W: Rampage: Rhionor gains temporary movement and tenacity, if Rhionor runs into an enemy while Rampage is on he uses his horn and impales them on the side, knocking them outward from his path and slowing them. If he deactivates Rampage; Rhionor impales an enemy if they're in front of him, knocking them upwards and stunning them.

Attachment 525158
E: On-Guard: Before an enemy's basic melee attack/ability, Rhionor counters it reflecting 25%/45%/65%/75%/85% of the damage not reduced by Rhionor's defense. Cooldown is 10/9.6/9.2/8.8/8.4. If the next enemy attack is ranged, he deflects the projectile and throws his hook at the enemy dealing reflected damage and pulling them in like Blitz's grab. On-Guard lasts for 1 second.

Attachment 525157
R: Crucifixion: Rhionor gains a massive speed boost by dropping to all fours. He charges at an enemy Champion and impales them right in their chest carrying them and dealing damage over time, Rhionor doesn't stop his charge until he hits another champion, minion, wall, turret ect. Dealing bonus damage or Rhionor can deactivate it, stopping the charge and freeing the enemy target. If Rhionor charges into a wall with an enemy champion impaled, the enemy is stunned, slowed and suffers bleeding damage. If their health is below 15%/20/25% they are instantly killed. The longer Rhionor is charging with an enemy impaled to him the more damage the enemy takes over-time and upon impact/impalement. During his ult Rhionor can't be slowed or stunned or stopped unless he runs into more than one target however his mobility is drastically reduced.

Requires Full Rage

Rhionor uses the Rage system.

Skins

Deep-End Rhionor

Attachment 672784

Like this concept? Feel free to use my index to check out some of my others organized Alphabetically.
Ayebusi, the Master of Reflection
Binzo, the Eggxecutioner
Destiny, Hand of Fortune
Doom, the Seed of Evil
Eidolon, the Shadow Stalker
Flux, Man of Irrediance
Luts, the Chaotic Mistress
Meme, the Demonic Mime
Mudlomen, the Loamly One
Pegi, the Deck-swabbing Swashbuckler
Petaloutha, Beauty's Serenade
Pigginz, the Officer
Piggz, the Handyman
Psi, the Sly
Sfi'ka, the Venomous Joust
Sgt. Beaves, the Angry
Shar'ebe'brus, the Jaws of Pain
Shreak, the Prima Donna
Sleth, the Lethargic
Subgoro, the Frozen Skeleton
Tsunai, Mist of the Isles
Varat, the Bloodsucker
Xaos, the Mastermind

Killslayer

08-23-2012

I like the concept, but it seems like he has a little too much CC. The ult is awesome, so that could stay. But the Q seems like a bit much. Instead of the pull to focus on a single target, maybe give him some sort of AOE damage? It seems to be missing from the kit.
I like the idea of the W a lot, but it seems a bit overpowered unless the duration would be really short, almost like Nocturne's spell shield. I like the idea of an aggressive spell shield, where you can negate the stun AND chase the enemy down.
Overall, I like the concept a lot. Besides the pull, the abilites all tie together really nicely with the design of the character and each other. Well done!

Éidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKillslayer4457 View Post
I like the concept, but it seems like he has a little too much CC. The ult is awesome, so that could stay. But the Q seems like a bit much. Instead of the pull to focus on a single target, maybe give him some sort of AOE damage? It seems to be missing from the kit.
I like the idea of the W a lot, but it seems a bit overpowered unless the duration would be really short, almost like Nocturne's spell shield. I like the idea of an aggressive spell shield, where you can negate the stun AND chase the enemy down.
Overall, I like the concept a lot. Besides the pull, the abilites all tie together really nicely with the design of the character and each other. Well done!
Thanks! Not sure if you were replying while i was editing but I changed it so that W increases tenacity instead of making him immune to Slows, Snares.... Maybe increasing tenacity per level.

Éidolon

08-23-2012

Made it so his On-Guard can either counter melee or ranged, abilities or attacks.... if the ability or attack is ranged, he counters by throwing his hooked chain and pulling them in Blitzcrank style.

Éidolon

08-23-2012

Added Log-In Music with an Executioner calling type vibe.. Tweaked his Tearing Chains to include a Tug-Of-War system.. where once he's hooked onto an enemy Rhionor has 10 seconds to take advantage either by pulling them towards him by running the opposite way, the closer he gets to the enemy the less the distance will remain between them... If he instead wants to engage, he wraps his chains around his arm as he clsoes in eventually getting close enough to wrap his chain around the enemy's neck suffocating them.... Suffocating implies a Snare, Damage over Time and Blindness

Éidolon

08-23-2012

****! Just noticed Draven's title is "Glorious Executioner". Whatever... Too late I just finished my sketch concept.. I may change it to Butcher... I'll see

Éidolon

08-23-2012

I'll be scanning the concept tomorrow (as I don't have a scanner at my place) and begin Photo-shopping. Unlike Eidolon, it probably won't take me as long for Rhionor because I was learning how to use Photoshop as I was designing Eidolonso I ran into a lot of different rough patches.... but I kinda know how it now works, so I may just post my sketch-concept then go straight to making a Final Splash.

Éidolon

08-23-2012

Literal Design

Made it so that Rhionor has one heavily protected leg that is made of steel plate armor, covered by chain mail up to his toes with the other naked leg not covered in the chain-mail, however reinforced his nails with steel plates to help Rionor with grip on the ground and to protect his toes.

Made it so that on one arm he has a Meat Hook attached to a long chain that wraps around his arm (Also wears a Brawler's Glove.... ypu that one!) and down onto a loop on his belt... the chain continues onto his other arm, wraps around his wrist with an Executioner style axe (might make it a Butcher Knife) on the end of it which he can throw.. the axe also has a small hook at the end of it..

Gave him two nipple piercings..... cause he's a bad-ass mofo... and he probably has a prince-albert as well.. Kept the spacers on his ears, I reinforced his main horn with steel plates around on of the side and spikes that move upward to the tip... Increased his gash size on his upper lip, revealing his gums and teeth. Also made it so that there are a few veins that are bulging out.... just because it also looks badass..

Éidolon

08-24-2012

Drew a full body Sketch of Rhionor, RAGING EXECUTIONER! Imagine the ropes being chains and imagine the skirt looking part as chainmails... It's a lot easier to process on Photoshop if I don't have texture and detailing. I'll have an explanation of my design process later.

Comments more than welcome!

Éidolon

08-24-2012

I'm thinking of changing his title from Executioner and redesigning him in to a Butcher instead... but then realized there's a Butcher Boss in Diablo 3 and wouldn't want people to relate them to as I totally didn't have him in mind when designing Rhionor but I must have subconsciously picked it up. If anything Draven's title can change to something like Draven, the Glory Hunter or something.. I dunno.