Banned via the Tribunal Inquisition, this is what I learned....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alasdaire

08-23-2012

Hey folks!

Before you all remind me that I'm a toxic jerk, I'll let you know that you've won. I was apparently too much of a jerk for the community, and that I deserve unexplained unwarned punishment. I accept it, because I cannot change it. But here's what I will take away, and my warning to other players.

1. Do not report, ever. If your definition of abuse and Riot's differ, you will meet punitive action.

2. Disable all chat, leave it off. I don't care how sweet or witty your opponent is, it will only tempt you to report trolls.

3. Don't expect warnings or explanations. Riot is too busy to issue them, and the community is not kind.

4. Trolls will happen. Riot has just made it clear that they cannot stop them. Accept it, or switch to Farmville.

I must clarify. I have never reported a player for playing badly, not ganking, not warding, and the like, should you not count Unskilled Player. Bad players need to be comforted and taught, not banned.

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

"Reporting players is a feature which is used to improve the community - not to threaten or bully other players."

So I reported everyone that threatened to report people for getting ganked, or not buying a ward once, etc etc.

Riot bans me, gg.

Spiration

08-23-2012

Does this mean you're leaving LoL for good?

I am sure you will be sorely missed.

CritsAProcess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdaire View Post
Hey folks!

Before you all remind me that I'm a toxic jerk, I'll let you know that you've won. I was apparently too much of a jerk for the community, and that I deserve unexplained unwarned punishment. I accept it, because I cannot change it. But here's what I will take away, and my warning to other players.

1. Do not report, ever. If your definition of abuse and Riot's differ, you will meet punitive action.

2. Disable all chat, leave it off. I don't care how sweet or witty your opponent is, it will only tempt you to report trolls.

3. Don't expect warnings or explanations. Riot is too busy to issue them, and the community is not kind.

4. Trolls will happen. Riot has just made it clear that they cannot stop them. Accept it, or switch to Farmville.

Yet another angry banned player who refuses to accept that he falsely reported on a consistent basis to an extreme degree.

LoLoL.

Fresh Snow

08-23-2012

What do you people not get?

It wasn't just the reporting you did wrong, on a massive scale, to the tune of hundreds of hundreds of reports that weren't warranted.

You were also an ******* towards others in game recently.

Peace. Don't come back.

I AM EXCELLENT

08-23-2012

This is funny, because you are the perfect toxic player and your post shows it. You assume no responsibility for your actions and feel that being a ******bag is your right.

In fact, I can deduce that since your perception of the reality of "being nice" is so flawed, you are a natural ******bag in real life, and you have few friends.

Seriously, reflect on your life. Do you have just a few friends? Or if you have many, are they all douchbags? You have some serious changing to do. League of Legends won't be the only place you will be permabanned. You will see yourself being denied opportunities in life because of your brazen behavior towards other people and eventually you'll come to regret it... but I do hope you change, for your sake.

Geekweezul

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdaire View Post
Hey folks!

I must clarify. I have never reported a player for playing badly, not ganking, not warding, and the like, should you not count Unskilled Player. Bad players need to be comforted and taught, not banned.
1. I report. All my friends report. We have not been banned because we understand what Riot wants reported. It's not difficult.

2. I immediately turned /all chat on. I still have great conversations with the enemy. I still report them if they break the rules.

3. I do agree that the week long ban was out of line, especially with no real warning. They need to fix that imo.

4. Trolls will always happen in every game ever. Riot is doing a great job in reducing the amount of trolls imo.