What's with the LichBane first builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
Well, I was hoping for something other than "people are dumb" responses
Were you? Were you really?

Ariou

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph View Post
We had a Ziggs rush it yesterday...I'm just saying something is up.
I was there for that. . . the results were. . . disasterous, so very disasterous.

otirruborez

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeetle View Post
Being dead is less damage, enemy escaping is less damage.
lich has resists and move speed. you don't even know what the item does, lolz.

you basically told everyone why dcap first isn't very good. grats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Rylais is 80 AP like Lich bane is, but LB is a minor bump to damage compared to going Rylais after your sheen. Not to mention the utility of a slow and 500 health.
you're comparing rylais and sheen against just lich bane. try lich bane and blasting wand or lich bane and giants belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
I present the circumstance in which you lose damage!

Kassadin(yes I have seen lichbane rush on him) gets 122.5 AD at 18th level(52.3+3.9x18). So with ring and lichbane, you lost ~12 damage on that upgrade.

Lets take some more common examples. Now consider that these examples use both Prosp Ring and Lich, which i usually see people skip the Ring and go straight Lich.

Fizz, Diana, Akali, and Gragas get 107, 102, 110. 116 AD at level 18, respectively. So you are only going to get 3, 8, 0, -6 damage increases. As you level, Lichbanes effectiveness decreases unless you buy more and more AP, while Sheen gets better and better. Generally, to break the 200 AP mark, you are either really squishy, lack utility, or both.

you forget that sheen only has 25 ap. try your math again. that's 55 ap for each of kassadins skills. lost 12 damage? wut.

you don't have 122 ad when you rush lich bane either. who rushes lich bane at level 18? maybe you need to look up rush as well. you're also assuming that lich bane is bought at level 18 with no ap before it. come on, man. if someone is going to buy lich bane at level 18 they will obviously have ap, don't try to use this in your math.

not even first time league players fall into your "common examples". i have NEVER seen anyone rush lich bane at level 18 with no ap items before then. what are they doing for 17 levels with an empty inventory? getting reported, that's what.

BeefJerkyHunter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Were you? Were you really?
Hey man, I give people a chance to explain their rationales. Who knows, it could have been the start of something great.

ZallKlos

08-25-2012

I'm more curious about the cost & damage in the Lichbane vs Abyssal.

Unless I must have the MS and mana, I'll rush Abyssal over Lichbane.

Risemix

08-25-2012

How would one build Fizz? I tend to rush Lichbane because I like seeing Q do a lot of damage, not because I think it's the best choice LOL

Sheen->Rylai's or something?

CrinkzT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2012

I go sorc boots > lichbane on fizz, because with it I can do one or w > q > e then kill them with ult or another combo. Could I get more damage from going deathcap first? Probably, but it seems that lichbane gives me even more early on domination that allows me to win bot lane.

DiscworldDeath

08-25-2012

Sheen > DCap > Lich Bane.

Feel free to switch DCap with DFG if you really wanna. But still get that DCap after.