What kind of staff suspends someone for...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurzad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

What kind of staff suspends someone for reporting people? League of Legends does! I was recently suspended for a full week. What was the reason they gave me? I reported to many people! Of all things to suspend someone for! I can't help it if their internal que system sucks and always puts me with complete morons. They end up diein 15+ times or just all around baddies. I report them. If they mouth off or act negative the entire time.... I report them.... If their skill is terrible.... There is an option for that under reporting also.... Yet I get suspended for a full week for using this tool as it was intended. Every single person that I chose to report had a valid reason for being reported. This is the message I got from LoL stating why I was suspended.

Internal audits by staff members of Riot have revealed consistent abuse of the “Report A Player” feature by your account within League of Legends.

Falsely reporting players over a large span of time dilutes the significance of your reports and causes unnecessary distress to the players being reported. Reporting players is a tool used to help improve the community rather than a tool used to threaten or bully other players.

Due to this toxic behavior, your account has been temporarily suspended.

Please note that this is a temporary suspension to serve as an official warning. Moving forward, be mindful of who you are reporting as falsely reporting players is not only against the Summoner’s Code, but also negatively effects the League of Legends community. Failure to adjust your in-game behavior can result in additional punishments.

I do not understand how I have falsely reported anyone and I feel that RIOT is just finding ways to harass their customers while they continue to milk the cash cow.

Hate me or Side with me idc.

Mick Swagger

08-23-2012

The kind that wants to make the community better.

UL9 ZettaRose

08-23-2012

Like most others trying to defend themselves with lies on GD,

youre probably too strict with reports, but you just think you're right.

Tacoshuriken

08-23-2012

Losing lane isn't intentional feeding.
It also isn't reportable.

TheUnburned

08-23-2012

Come on. Be honest. Did you report players who did badly for "unskilled" or "intentionally feeding".

Gofure

08-23-2012

You probably swore off players doing bad or used reporting as a threat if they didn't start playing better...

Lord Arumen

08-23-2012

You are right OP, Riot is the only staff that would suspend people for this.

Other game staff would just BAN the person PERMANENTLY

Labomba

08-23-2012

Lyte said they suspended 0.2% of players with the highest amount of reports who exhibited toxic behavior. If you were part of this very small percentage of players, you probably deserved it.

Rohkar

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurzad View Post
What kind of staff suspends someone for reporting people? League of Legends does! I was recently suspended for a full week. What was the reason they gave me? I reported to many people! Of all things to suspend someone for! I can't help it if their internal que system sucks and always puts me with complete morons. They end up diein 15+ times or just all around baddies. I report them. If they mouth off or act negative the entire time.... I report them.... If their skill is terrible.... There is an option for that under reporting also.... Yet I get suspended for a full week for using this tool as it was intended. Every single person that I chose to report had a valid reason for being reported. This is the message I got from LoL stating why I was suspended.

I do not understand how I have falsely reported anyone and I feel that RIOT is just finding ways to harass their customers while they continue to milk the cash cow.

Hate me or Side with me idc.
The people who received this ban had false report rates 400x to 1000x the average LoL players.

Out of the people who's reports have 0 weight on the Tribunal because of continuous false reporting, .2% of THOSE were banned for extremely toxic recent behavior and a general abuse of the system (trying to use the threat of reporting someone as a means to grief/retaliate against teammates).

So while you think your reports were fine, they're not by Riot standards and they've deemed that your behavior is toxic to the game. I'd suggest taking the week off and reflecting on your behavior and why they might have come to this conclusion.

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

I sometimes see Tribunal reports where nothing bad actually happened. Reported for feeding, yet the builds and KDA are reasonable. Reported for verbal abuse, yet all they say is "MIA" and maybe ask for ganks. Never mind games where people threaten to report just because someone took "their" lane.

I feel like if there are people out there just rage-reporting because they can't handle a loss, they need a time-out.