Can the "Unskilled Player" report function get clarified?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4Touchdowns1Game

08-23-2012

Lyte recently mentioned it here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...42960#28542960
And from there it seems that unjustly reporting a player for being unskilled can count as report abuse. My question is this, how does reporting "unskilled players" weigh in to the whole issue? Since it's not punished by tribunal but affects player matchmaking, can that be abused? How can you determine if a report for unskilled play is justifiable or not? A player could have played really well even if he has a very bad score, and a player could have played really really bad even though his score isn't too bad.
What I knew about reporting for "unskilled" is that automatically lowers the Normal Elo of that player or something like that, and doesn't lead into Tribunal cases, although I must say I've seen it pop up when reviewing cases from time to time.

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

No, unskilled player reports did not count towards the 'report abuse' suspensions. Lyte has made that very clear in other posts.

You just encountered the unfortunate post in which Lyte explained the reasoning from an 'intentional feeder' report, while the player asked for 'unskilled player'..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It really depends. If the player was truly intentional feeding, you are fine. If a player was 0-5 when everyone else on the team was 0-4 or 0-3.. you probably are a bit too strict with your reports.
Bolded to support my avoce argument.

4Touchdowns1Game

08-23-2012

Yes, true, but it still doesn't explain the fact of cases in Tribunal showing up with "unskilled player" as reasons of report.

MCerberus

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Touchdowns1Game View Post
Yes, true, but it still doesn't explain the fact of cases in Tribunal showing up with "unskilled player" as reasons of report.
I've never once seen them?

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Touchdowns1Game View Post
They don't.

If they do, could you provide an example? I have never seen them in over a year.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

I just came here to see if I am correct in assuming the OP's name is a reference to Al Bundy.

If so, you are awesome.

MCerberus

08-23-2012

It's sort of an open secret that, like the goggles, Unskilled Player does nothzing.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
It's sort of an open secret that, like the goggles, Unskilled Player does nothzing.
HAHA...the goggles....

4Touchdowns1Game

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
They don't.

If they do, could you provide an example? I have never seen them in over a year.
I actually only started seeing them in the last month or so, I saw maybe 2 or 3. If I see a new one I'll SS and post here if this thread will still exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I just came here to see if I am correct in assuming the OP's name is a reference to Al Bundy.

If so, you are awesome.
It is, thanks It also ended up being an unintentional reference to something else...