Leaverbuster is Broken/ Suspended without fault

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LifeInADay

08-23-2012

A few hours ago, my account was suspended.

Solo Que, Level 13, 5 days played.

Here's what happened.
10 Minutes into the game, my team's top and middle lane fed their respective lane enemies beyond sanity. The enemy Darius up top was 7-0 and middle lane kayle 8-0. 2 Minutes later our entire team was smashed by those two characters.

After just 13 Minutes with a monstrously fed Darius and Kayle obliterating any attempt to recover, we decided to stop fighting.

Problem was, the surrender option was not available until the 20 minute mark!
So it was decided that the entire team wait at camp and let the opposing team end it themselves.

When the game finally ended however, I got a message saying my account is suspended for abandoning my team mates.

First off
1. Due horrible playing by a few team mates, anyone who left base was destroyed in seconds, which made for horrible, just horrible play experience.
2. The ENTIRE team decided it was quicker to end the game by standing idle until the nexus was destroyed.

I ask that my account be removed from suspension.
Surely the game can be reviewed, as well as the chat logs to see that there was no fault on my part.

Lastly, I believe account suspension should be based entirely on reports. I've seen matches where certain people disconnect, though return and carry the game to victory.

Delinth

08-23-2012

LeaverBuster is an automated system. As such it cannot determine that your whole team agreed to just give up. Furthermore, the surrender option is disabled until 20 minutes into the game, not level 20.

Lower level accounts are also given less leeway due to having less to lose on their accounts.

AFKing is never the answer. You fight tooth and nail until you can surrender, and if the surrender vote fails, then you continue the good fight.

LifeInADay

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delinth View Post
LeaverBuster is an automated system. As such it cannot determine that your whole team agreed to just give up. Furthermore, the surrender option is disabled until 20 minutes into the game, not level 20.

Lower level accounts are also given less leeway due to having less to lose on their accounts.

AFKing is never the answer. You fight tooth and nail until you can surrender, and if the surrender vote fails, then you continue the good fight.
My mistake, I was a bit angry. Well surely the chat logs can be reviewed. As well as the team activity.

As stated, simply walking past the safety of a turrent resulted in complete and utter destruction. Being 7 minutes away from the surrender option becoming available, the entire team decided to stand idle and let the enemy push without disruption.

Surely there is someone with the power to view all the actions of all teammates involved.

LifeInADay

08-23-2012

I have only played league of legends for less than a week, and a thing like this is quite disappointing.

iatre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Well, now you know not to do it again.

4Touchdowns1Game

08-23-2012

If you were suspended by the Leaverbuster then it means you also got a warning and that you left or afked multiple times in multiple games. Also Leaverbuster works on any games who have other human players, including bot and custom games, so leaving or akfing there is just as bad as leaving a normal game. I know that because I got a warning from Leaverbuster after leaving a few bot games when I thought that they don't count.

4Touchdowns1Game

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeInADay View Post
I have only played league of legends for less than a week, and a thing like this is quite disappointing.
How did you manage to afk and leave so much in one week as to get a ban from Leaverbuster?

LifeInADay

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Touchdowns1Game View Post
How did you manage to afk and leave so much in one week as to get a ban from Leaverbuster?
Lastly, I believe account suspension should be based entirely on reports. I've seen matches where certain people disconnect, though return and carry the game to victory.

^ Referring to myself. I play this game on a 3 year old computer with a dead cell battery.
On occassion I disconnect from the game but return as quickly as possible. If I could afford a new computer I surely would get one, but at this moment I can't so I am working with what I got.

I've played around 70 games and can only think of 3 losses due to me disconnecting for a few minutes. I highly doubt this warrants a ban. A reduction in ip would have sufficed.