QQ About Your Ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Well, the fact of the matter is that no one controls your actions.

You can't blame trolls for making you lash out when Riot has provided an ignore feature.
You can't blame trolls for how you act.

You are responsible for you. Riot has stated this many times.
they can state w/e they please, but they created this system, the system is flawed. If someone decides to troll u they get you one way or another, because thats the way the system is setup there's so many ways to rig it.

now when your in game there's nobody to back u up, half the time they are premade and they have the backup, u go all chat and suddenly you have the enemy team trolling you too. You ignore them they go to all chat and manage to get them to troll you, there litterly is no way to win. Riot has made it clear, and continues to this day to make it clear they will not help you from "real" trolls, and not only that but they will ban YOU for their own failure.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGiver500 View Post
using the report system to harass others is what got people punished

IE Player X you are so bad im reporting you. /all report player X he is a troll! Some players do this even if the player is simply having a bad game. They then harass the player in attempts to make them do something ban worthy.

It all falls on the heads of people that have been using the report system as a new means to troll.
and thats exactly what im pointing out, we got banned, because we had to take it into our own hands, the work and stress of dealing with a nonstop flow of trolls into our games. When taken out of context of course it looks like trolling, but in game, for people NOT abusing report, thats all we can do, tell them your going to report to hope they stop doing what they are doing, the fact that it works from time to time proves that its legit and thats why most people do it.

Yes there are people who do it JUST to troll people and those people are trolls and do deserve to be banned for it, but most of us were legit and using it as such. If i say it to someone and they shape up then i don't report, if they keep doing it and depending on what it was or start doing other things as well then i do and should and its the right thing to do. The only time it wouldn't be, is the day riot gets there **** together and stomps these trolls out of the game so we don't have to do the policing for them.

You don't turn everyone into a police officer and then think they arn't going to go up to people misbehaving and tell them to stop or they will get wrote up, think about what your all saying.....

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

Quote:
You don't turn everyone into a police officer and then think they arn't going to go up to people misbehaving and tell them to stop or they will get wrote up, think about what your all saying.....
Except you are not a police officer. Riot is the police. You are the civilian that can call to the police to make a complaint and the police will be the one to process it, with the help of a jury of civilians afterwards.

Cobra Taskmaster

08-23-2012

The funny part is one of these "posters" I've run into in game and I asked him to revise the Summoners code due to verbal abuse and I wasn't even on their team. said and I quote "Who the f*** read that lol? nerds"

Some of them deserved it.

LawGiver500

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
and thats exactly what im pointing out, we got banned, because we had to take it into our own hands, the work and stress of dealing with a nonstop flow of trolls into our games. When taken out of context of course it looks like trolling, but in game, for people NOT abusing report, thats all we can do, tell them your going to report to hope they stop doing what they are doing, the fact that it works from time to time proves that its legit and thats why most people do it.

Yes there are people who do it JUST to troll people and those people are trolls and do deserve to be banned for it, but most of us were legit and using it as such. If i say it to someone and they shape up then i don't report, if they keep doing it and depending on what it was or start doing other things as well then i do and should and its the right thing to do. The only time it wouldn't be, is the day riot gets there **** together and stomps these trolls out of the game so we don't have to do the policing for them.

Again most of the people punished were abusing the system as a means to harass and bully not report offenders. The people you describe are about 0.1% of the people that got punished. If you believe you are in that 0.1% then write Riot support and they can remove the punishment. Lyte has openly found i think 2 after a mutli-hour forum back and forth with a number of people that were punished.

Slinging Mango

08-23-2012

You see I think we kinda got off topic ... I wasn't just talking about the people for report bans, I'm also talking about the people who got banned for ingame stuff such as negative attitude, intentional feeding , and/or verbal abuse. Why should they come in the forum and rage about thier ban? I understand that they are upset and all but still. They make support for that... All we are doing as a community is feeding into thier rage. It leaves the game and comes here to our beloved forums.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

you really just don't get it at all.....but hey i can play that game too u know ignored entire posts/points and twisting it all up.

so here goes....

Riot isn't the police either, we live in the wild west. You stand up for yourself, and the "riot squad" or i mean the outlaws "might" show up to show u a thing or 2, but remember they are outlaws and the rules can change at anymoment.

but listen careful kids, while u sip this nice refreshing coolaid, riot is the good guys are u listening? they have important messages for us, "the trolls will always win, and you will always lose"

Alasdaire

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
Reporting trolls aren't false reports.
Report abuse is only caused by the players themselves. They decided to report others for no reason. In a way, they are the trolls.

Nobody made them issue false reports.
This is the biggest misconception. I've been banned, and I can honestly say I've never reported an innocent player.

However, I do not let even a single case of even the most minor abuse go by unnoticed. I've reported every "gg, too easy" I've ever seen, ever. I've done it out of genuine concern for League as a game, especially the well being of new players.

Being slammed for being a purist about bullying is terribly unfair, and that's why we want answers.

Gwate

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
biased? were talking about false reports, i have no need to be biased. i report for a reason, i don't report for giggles unless someone asks me to, which is a legit report because that means they are trolling. I report because i hope one day riot will give a ****, i just never thought they would ban me for doing there dam job.

and there's countless others in the exact same boat, and ill state it again, i wouldn't care about bans if they were at "least" targeting the dam trolls too, but they arn't. Because if they were targeting the trolls i wouldn't freaking be here right now because they wouldn't have had the oppertunity to troll me.
Biased? of course your biased. your angry at the people who deemed justice on you. Also in games, people report out of anger, were only human. People report just if a player doesn't conform to there standards on how the game SHOULD be played by your perspective. These are all false reports, they try and sometimes succeed, other times they don't and people report them for what they believe made them lose or out of anger. This seems to be your case, and if someone angers you "bam" reported and you seem pretty vocal about it as well... so on top of everything you seem to be bully online....

but thats just my perspective of your posts in numerous threads, but the term "the boy who called wolf" comes to mind here as well...

STFUNOOBBBB

08-23-2012

The owner of this post such a Frog