bans for reports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TotalDisorder

Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoJoker View Post
No it sounds like they were already perma-trolls. They just have less fun now
Ignorant and incorrect assumption.

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

Quote:
Trolls are whats wrong with this game, but none of them were banned today.
I disagree. People who threaten to reports others for no reason can definitely be defined as 'trolls'. People who mass report others without a reason are definitely 'trolls'.
They do so in an attempt to get reactions from others.

Quote:
so for those like u who are blind, in a week your about to see how wrong u are.
People have made such empty threats since the Tribunal was implemented.

So far, I am not impressed. In my experience, the Tribunal (and most likely this wave of bans as well) influences the game as a whole better (or at least less negatively) than other systems out there.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDisorder View Post
Incorrect. The "toxic players" is done by the tribunal. If they were toxic, they'd already be punished by the tribunal. Many were not.

The "worst .2%" are a number that an algorithym chose. It is based on number of reports filed vs number of reports punished if number of reports > x.

Guess what? That means if you say someone was racist, and the majority of people voting in tribunal vote pardon, even if they say the N-word openly, it counts as a "false report".

Riot itself has said that they would be much more strict most of the time in the tribunal than the players are.

See the disconnect here?
How do you know that that is what they consider a false report?

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

except there are countless reports from people being banned for making legit reports, hence your logic is flawed much like riots.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
except there are countless reports from people being banned for making legit reports, hence your logic is flawed much like riots.
Oh, you mean the unprovable posts from angry kids?

That's what you're basing your "logic" on?

K.

I report every single player, in every single game and I have never been banned. You have to believe this statement if you believe everyone else.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

they are angry for a reason, its more logic than many of u folk around here since all u have is just ONE unprovable post. Im not saying people are guilt free, everyone and i mean everyone is guilty of something, but the point is who is really at fault, and who really needed banned.

And since the amount of "trolls" to the amount of players who get pissed at them is so stacked its no wonder to see what side most are on because the trolls have all the fun, and your most likely one of them.

TotalDisorder

Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
How do you know that that is what they consider a false report?
How isn't it ? A false report is someone not doing what is claimed. If they aren't doing what is claimed, they get pardoned. That's how the tribunal works. That is an easy number for riot to look up. Cases reported, cases reported pardoned.

Do you really think riot manually looked through every bit of a text to find "false" reports? No, this sped things up for them.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

except u forgot one little thing, reports go to RIOT first, then they send them to tribunal