Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is amumu a worthwhile 0cs support/tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corallein

08-23-2012

Amumu doesn't help an aggressive lane very much.
Bandage Toss is too easily dodged/blocked/otherwise avoided, has an extremely long cooldown, and is more likely to put Amumu in a bad position than it is to help.
Amumu doesn't have good burst damage.
Amumu is a melee champion with no harass.

So as a result, Amumu is only good if you assume your enemy doesn't know how to play, doesn't ward the bushes, can't dodge skill shots, doesn't put the creeps between him and Amumu, and just in general gives Amumu free tosses all day long.

And in that case, why not play Blitz or Nautilus or Leona or Morgana or Lux or Janna? They all have far more to offer than Amumu as a support with a skillshot CC.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-24-2012

Quote:
corallein:
Amumu doesn't help an aggressive lane very much.
Bandage Toss is too easily dodged/blocked/otherwise avoided, has an extremely long cooldown, and is more likely to put Amumu in a bad position than it is to help.
Amumu doesn't have good burst damage.
Amumu is a melee champion with no harass.

So as a result, Amumu is only good if you assume your enemy doesn't know how to play, doesn't ward the bushes, can't dodge skill shots, doesn't put the creeps between him and Amumu, and just in general gives Amumu free tosses all day long.

And in that case, why not play Blitz or Nautilus or Leona or Morgana or Lux or Janna? They all have far more to offer than Amumu as a support with a skillshot CC.
ill try Leona because I heard that most of these suggested champs gets banned thanks for the.advice

0PT1MUS PR1ME

08-24-2012

support amumu totally works. Of course only in the right situation

That bit about amumu outputting way more dmg than taric is off however... Taric op.

I would not take amumu support against an ezreal, or a corki. He is going to be not as strong for bot lane early, but later he will be more useful than a traditional support like Taric. I would only take Amumu support against a Vayne, a Varus, or an Ashe.

I would start with 21 in utility so that I could start regrowth and ward for gp5 as quick as possible. After that, what maximum boss said for his build. Also I reccomend flash and cv. have ur ad take exhaust flash.

sync up with your jungler the second u hit 6, use flash-ult-bandage toss for a free kill/double kill bot lane. If you can make it to level 6 with no deaths (which should be no problem... maybe you will have to be behind by 10 cs or so) just flash, ult, profit. If your ad has a cc ult as well then its even easier, you might not even need your jungler... but you still probably want him so theres no question.

Logical strategies such as Amumu support work, its just dependent on the skill and knowledge of the players.

Summerfest

09-05-2012

I main Amumu. 130 games total. 88 wins, 45 losses (66% win rate) and he's one of my strongest supports. I usually only support him to salvage troll games where i'm already locked in but our last pick is refusing to support.

My win rate as amu is almost 70% i believe. I tell my carry to play passive until level 6, i get a few q, e, w combos on their carry so they know to stay away from my carry.

I start Q with regrowth and a ward. Summoner spells are flash and heal.

Use flash to get perfect positioning for your ult until you've built your tank items.

Also if your team doesn't have another tank ask them to help out with warding, they usually will.

MoreMedz

09-05-2012

I think it is not impossible, but you will have to deal with a resource issue. Basically, you need gold to be a good tank, but if you take utility masteries and GP runes, you lose out on survivability. If you want to do it with defensive masteries and runes while still being able to pop down lots of wards without CS, then you need to get a fair number of kills/assists.

But then you might be focusing on aggression too much that you are not really supporting any more. The balance is easier to get at earlier levels, because you can get away just by playing really well. Once you play against other competent players, they will see the opportunity and make your life difficult.

Radinferno

09-06-2012

here's my 2 cents about mummy support.

it's doable, and it can be good, but you need to have an ad carry that will follow up with your bandage, and treat the lane as an aggressive lane. mummy harass is really limited to q, e combo with w ticks. i usually start fairy charm and wards, with one of each pot, then go for philo and hog, then rush straight for some tank items/damage items. as for people warding bushes and being able to easily dodge bandage, all you gotta do is to buy 1 pink ward, ward the bush you're hiding in with the pink, and kill their green ward. i also found it much more effective to just harass their support into going b, then while the support is b, get a jungle gank onto the ad carry. but then again, this is just what i've experienced with my mummy support.

deadlyzaraki1987

09-06-2012

Thanks I've given up on the idea and moved on to....Tt olaf

JevelFaithful

09-06-2012

I'd like to add that while I agree with most people here. All my (few) games as support amumu I had pretty awesome laning phase. Just wanted to throw that in.