Is amumu a worthwhile 0cs support/tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightxSScarlett

08-23-2012

Again, people confuse "viable" and "good". Sure, Amumu can be a support. But he's just so outclassed by every other support, why would you bother?

I Love Slurpees

08-23-2012

might as well naut/ali/leona if you want a support/tank

deadlyzaraki1987

08-23-2012

I'm just kooking outside the box but thanks for the views. Much appreciated

deadlyzaraki1987

08-23-2012

Looking*

deadlyzaraki1987

08-23-2012

And you dont have too downvote all the time. Im just looking for ways to play champs out of the norm.

corallein

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumboss View Post
Blitz has the same problem. It's not an issue if you know how to zone properly. Amumu can output way more damage than taric can. Plus his ult is way more useful.
Amumu can't zone at all until 6, at which point he'll be so far behind that he still can't zone.

Blitz's Rocket Fist is far more dangerous than Amumu's Bandage Toss because it displaces the enemy, presumably to a far less advantageous position (aka "Don't grab the cow"), and missing with Power Fist doesn't get you killed. Bandage Tossing with Amumu just gets him killed when he's a squishy with no tank items. And if you missed the toss and hit a minion, well, you also didn't accomplish anything with your death.
Blitz also has far more CC than Amumu with Power Fist, better engage/disengage with Overdrive, and better tankiness with Mana Barrier.

And comparing to Taric... Taric's stun isn't a skill shot, and also doesn't put him in a position to die. Better zoning, better burst (Dazzle + Shatter + ult + teammates damage > Bandage Toss + Tantrum + ult + teammate's damage), infinitely better sustain and auras (considering Amumu doesn't have any). There's no comparison to be made here - Amumu is just so much worse in so many aspects that the slightly better ult (with a much long cooldown) doesn't matter.

And support Amumu's ult is useless. Unless the enemy is completely retarded (in which case, support anything can win), Amumu will never make it to a position where his ult can catch more than two members of the enemy team. And it will never be the carries. Any attempt to get to them will result in Amumu immediately getting bursted and killed before he has a chance to get it off.

Finally, if you want to pick a champion whose CC has a chance to get them killed, you should take Leona. Comparing just stuff that is very directly similar:
* Ranged AOE ult that stuns and a smaller radius > large PBAOE ult that roots
* Skill shot pull that goes through minions and only pulls to champions > skill shot pull that gets stopped by the first thing it hits
* Massive armor/MR buff > minor flat reduction on physical damage

deadlyzaraki1987

08-23-2012

K well I heard that blitz gets banned which is why I'm not considering playing him. I want to play some ranked eventually

KnightxSScarlett

08-23-2012

If you want a really good aggressive support, you can try the following

Leona
Naut - Blitz, but worse early game
Lulu - People underestimate her burst and she's good at saving people
Soraka - Soraka can err on the side of aggressive (because I never play a passive bottom lane). OP Ult + Heals

deadlyzaraki1987

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
If you want a really good aggressive support, you can try the following

Leona
Naut - Blitz, but worse early game
Lulu - People underestimate her burst and she's good at saving people
Soraka - Soraka can err on the side of aggressive (because I never play a passive bottom lane). OP Ult + Heals
Ill give Lulu a shot

HaShedon

08-23-2012

He'd be fairly flawed as a support and does like to have money, but I don't see why it couldn't work, especially if you're planning on having an aggressive lane.