Is amumu a worthwhile 0cs support/tank

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlyzaraki1987

Senior Member

08-22-2012

As stated is amumu a worthwhile bot 0cs support/tank? If he could you provide a lil build info thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maximumboss

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Lots of people will say no and I would venture to say that none in mention have ever tried support amumu. It's honestly way stronger than most would imagine. His bandage toss has ridiculous base numbers/cooldown when it's ranked up. Here's how I would build him:

Typical faerie pendant+wards start. Get philo next. Then heart/boots. Then catalyst into a Rod. From there just build to how the game is going. If the enemy is heavy AD get a Glacial Shroud. If heavy AP get abyssal. Just don't neglect your AP too much.

For skills as said just max Q and drop at least a point in his tantrum and despair. Once you get 6 you basically get a free kill so use your ult wisely.

Edit: Well of course downvotes would happen. Suggest anything slightly out of the ordinary for a strategy and people have a million reasons why it wouldn't work. Shame.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

Senior Member

08-22-2012

hmm... 3 out of 4 of amumus skills require him to get into the center of the action to use properly... that seems to me like a bad idea since you will struggle to fill out and get tanky with little to no farm

anything can work with the right team effort, coordination, and strategy... but for the general masses i would think you would struggle to be an effective presence as a support amumu. sure his bandage toss is a great skill but what does it do that tarics stun doesnt do


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maximumboss

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
hmm... 3 out of 4 of amumus skills require him to get into the center of the action to use properly... that seems to me like a bad idea since you will struggle to fill out and get tanky with little to no farm

anything can work with the right team effort, coordination, and strategy... but for the general masses i would think you would struggle to be an effective presence as a support amumu. sure his bandage toss is a great skill but what does it do that tarics stun doesnt do
Blitz has the same problem. It's not an issue if you know how to zone properly. Amumu can output way more damage than taric can. Plus his ult is way more useful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumboss View Post
Blitz has the same problem. It's not an issue if you know how to zone properly. Amumu can output way more damage than taric can. Plus his ult is way more useful.
you are right blitz does have the same problem but there is 1 fundamental difference between blitz and amumu

blitzs pull puts him in a 2v1 when landed leaving him safely beside his teammates, and amumus pull puts him in a 1v2 when landed putting him in an area of potentially high danger


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maximumboss

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
you are right blitz does have the same problem but there is 1 fundamental difference between blitz and amumu

blitzs pull puts him in a 2v1 when landed leaving him safely beside his teammates, and amumus pull puts him in a 1v2 when landed putting him in an area of potentially high danger
Which is why blitz is the more popular choice. Amumu is still strong though. He offers more in a teamfight than blitz does. He's nowhere near as viable as other support but that doesn't mean he can't work in the support role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yargomedeiros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-23-2012

Why cripple amumu by sending him as a support when you can have him as a jungler on your team and a more conventional support?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForgivEnemy

Senior Member

08-23-2012

No he is not a good support, not only is he melee and not tanky without items. He benefits from being tanky and being in the enemy team, because when he is focused his cooldowns get lowered thus giving him more damage the longer he lives. He cannot do this if he isn't tanky, and his initiation won't mean anything because as soon as he goes in to Q and Ult the enemy team he would explode. Laning phase would be even worse, because he only has one stun and it can be avoided by minions, where as if you play blitzcrank, he has a pull, a knock up, and a AoE silence with short C/D when he has ult. Not only that, blitzcrank's passive makes him one of the most tanky level one champions in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kiddzips

Junior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivEnemy View Post
No he is not a good support, not only is he melee and not tanky without items. He benefits from being tanky and being in the enemy team, because when he is focused his cooldowns get lowered thus giving him more damage the longer he lives. He cannot do this if he isn't tanky, and his initiation won't mean anything because as soon as he goes in to Q and Ult the enemy team he would explode. Laning phase would be even worse, because he only has one stun and it can be avoided by minions, where as if you play blitzcrank, he has a pull, a knock up, and a AoE silence with short C/D when he has ult. Not only that, blitzcrank's passive makes him one of the most tanky level one champions in the game.
true


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GurkenMAN

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumboss View Post
Lots of people will say no and I would venture to say that none in mention have ever tried support amumu. It's honestly way stronger than most would imagine. His bandage toss has ridiculous base numbers/cooldown when it's ranked up. Here's how I would build him:

Typical faerie pendant+wards start. Get philo next. Then heart/boots. Then catalyst into a Rod. From there just build to how the game is going. If the enemy is heavy AD get a Glacial Shroud. If heavy AP get abyssal. Just don't neglect your AP too much.

For skills as said just max Q and drop at least a point in his tantrum and despair. Once you get 6 you basically get a free kill so use your ult wisely.

Edit: Well of course downvotes would happen. Suggest anything slightly out of the ordinary for a strategy and people have a million reasons why it wouldn't work. Shame.
Lol at this nonsense. With this logic u could also tell peaople to play an AD-carry as 0CS support. The downvoters (i havent voted btw) are just right and u just dont understand it. shame.

Edit: Most funny "donīt neglect your AP too much". You say he shouldnt buy tanky for some AP with the large amount of gold he has as supp? omg really dude- this is just wrong and other people tried to explain why its just not gonna work


123