Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

WOW first time suspended in 3 years

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsJustPain

08-22-2012

No idea why i got this
but hey it seems i'm not the only player that is against this system

oh well
it is what it is

LittleDi

08-22-2012

Do you have a reform card or no?

ItsJustPain

08-22-2012

Quote:
LittleDi:
Do you have a reform card or no?

what is a reform card?

LittleDi

08-22-2012

It would look something like this in your email from Riot:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5640402/#nogo

ItsJustPain

08-22-2012

Nope

Indica

Recruiter

08-22-2012

over reporting? You can contact customer support and ask for Lyte if you really think it wasn't warranted... but... have you ever reported 'intentional feeding' or 'assisted the enemy team' out of frustration for a bad team mate?

that's what most of these bans are about

LittleDi

08-22-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28526003#28526003

Then you possibly fell into this. I'll quote both it and what it was responding to. First what was originally said:

Quote:
messymike:
so riots stance is... if you are getting harassed each and every game, report the players... but if you report too many bad people you get banned yourself...

also, asking players in the game to report someone who has afk'd or is going 1/30/0 isn't toxic, its asking someone to help clean the community of the real problem... doing these mass bans based on some really loose psychology is only going to worsen the problem by scaring people away from the report function, which has a safety feature to prevent any wrong doing form mass reporting...

it really sounds to me that banning people for "abuse of the “Report A Player” feature" is just a way to ban players that riot doesn't like, but that the tribunal isn't punishing

And Lyte's response.
Quote:
Lyte:
This is incorrect.

Let's be clear here: If you see a toxic player, please report them. Even if you report 10,000 of them, you will be fine. For example, I just looked at an account in this thread that has reported 200 players--his report weights are perfectly fine.

I then looked at a player that was banned in this thread and he's reported 1000+ players and 630 of them were actually decent players that did not deserve bans. In addition, the player that was banned had received hundreds of reports himself and was banned twice by the Tribunal already. I then checked some chat logs of this player and he continuously, relentlessly threatens players with reports throughout matches--this is absolutely unacceptable.

We're targeting toxic players who are abusing the report player function and creating a negative experience for those around him. For the 99% of players who use the feature responsibly, they should continue doing so and making a difference in the community.

So very likely you are the 1%.

Ladayen

08-23-2012

Quote:
Indica:
over reporting? You can contact customer support and ask for Lyte if you really think it wasn't warranted... but... have you ever reported 'intentional feeding' or 'assisted the enemy team' out of frustration for a bad team mate?

that's what most of these bans are about

No you cannot ask for Lyte. He does not have the time to address everyones issues, which almost guaranteed they brought on themselves. He made the offer to one individual based on unique circumstances.