Why the Tribunal is broken...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
True. Thanks for mentioning it.

I commented on the volume as this player did get suspended, which means his validity wasn't good at all. This, in turn, leads me to believe he simply reports far too many people who do not deserve it.
all that does it prove my case bro........

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Thank you for acting your age...
you mean riots age.

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
all that does it prove my case bro........
It actually doesn't.

You claim you were suspended for reports that were deemed false, yet were not false at all. All we have to believe you is your word on it.

A far more likely scenario is that you deemed players trolls, while they were no trolls at all. You, with other posters who reported too often, received a punishment for that as Riot reviewed your reports and your behaviour.

Your validity was not good, which means many of your reports were false. Unless you are the most unlucky guy on earth that suddenly encounters all subtle trolls, while the rest of the playerbase doesn't, I do not believe your story.

I think it is best to stop this discussion. I see no use in continuing it. We have both given our opinions and haven't convinced one another.

If you feel your suspension was unwarranted, contact Riot with a ticket. Lyte has stated they were willing to review these cases, so go ahead and try it out.

LawGiver500

08-23-2012

Quote:
True. Thanks for mentioning it.

I commented on the volume as this player did get suspended, which means his validity wasn't good at all. This, in turn, leads me to believe he simply reports far too many people who do not deserve it.
There in lies the issue. People were using the report system as a new way to troll. They were harassing, threatening and making games unpleasant. These are the people that when someone goes 0/2/0 in the first 10min of a game are saying OGM this (champ) is sooooo bad he is trolling report him plz! Then goes into the /all call for reports. This is really another example of Riot punishing people for exploiting something and people getting upset because they were punished.

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGiver500 View Post
There in lies the issue. People were using the report system as a new way to troll. They were harassing, threatening and making games unpleasant. These are the people that when someone goes 0/2/0 in the first 10min of a game are saying OGM this (champ) is sooooo bad he is trolling report him plz! Then goes into the /all call for reports. This is really another example of Riot punishing people for exploiting something and people getting upset because they were punished.
This.

I must say I am quite amazed by the outburst on these forums. Player really do not seem to read the posts of Riot that well...
Ah well...it was to be expected. These forum are far too vocal on the negative side.

LawGiver500

08-23-2012

Quote:
This.

I must say I am quite amazed by the outburst on these forums. Player really do not seem to read the posts of Riot that well...
Ah well...it was to be expected. These forum are far too vocal on the negative side.
Again this is why I spent the whole time yesterday laughing at the irony over the outcry rather then offering feedback. I do believe I came off a little condescending but meh its pointless to reason with incensed people that don't want to listen and insist on being the victims not the offenders.

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGiver500 View Post
Again this is why I spent the whole time yesterday laughing at the irony over the outcry rather then offering feedback. I do believe I came off a little condescending but meh its pointless to reason with incensed people that don't want to listen and insist on being the victims not the offenders.
I have tried as well and have given up. I just hope these players will be able to step back and take an honest look at themselves.

It is a na´ve thought, but I had hoped the response would be more civil and thoughtful. Instead of reflecting on their behaviour, players immediately went into a state of cognitive dissonance and self-defence.

Psychology, why can you be such a cruel mistress...

SugrGlidrWifRidr

08-23-2012

Quote:
It actually doesn't.

You claim you were suspended for reports that were deemed false, yet were not false at all. All we have to believe you is your word on it.

A far more likely scenario is that you deemed players trolls, while they were no trolls at all. You, with other posters who reported too often, received a punishment for that as Riot reviewed your reports and your behaviour.

Your validity was not good, which means many of your reports were false. Unless you are the most unlucky guy on earth that suddenly encounters all subtle trolls, while the rest of the playerbase doesn't, I do not believe your story.

I think it is best to stop this discussion. I see no use in continuing it. We have both given our opinions and haven't convinced one another.

If you feel your suspension was unwarranted, contact Riot with a ticket. Lyte has stated they were willing to review these cases, so go ahead and try it out.
you admitted people have been falsely banned, u made my point. 2ndly the way people got banned keeps changing, first its for reporting trolls, next its for telling them your going to report. Its all bull****, and its all **** they made up on the whim without even telling anyone.

Thirdly, like i said i had my reasons, if i thought they were trolling they most likely were. Could have been wrong at times, yes thats entirely possible, but thats not my job, my job is to report, its tribunals job to judge. When i hit that report button all that matters is that I thought they were trolling. To ban someone for doing riots job is bull**** plain and simple.

Now if you can't agree with that last paragraph then you've sipped a little bit to much of lytes coolaid.

as for a ticket or w/e id be glad to fill one out the only problem is like i said and have said numerous times, I was the effect, not the cause. Like has been mentioned by me and others people were targeted for 2 reasons, high reports, and toxic ingame behavior, and my point has always been i was the effect. So the false reports part is complete bull****, they sent a ban for that, they also sent one for the toxic part, which i could "kind" of see as a technicality, but disagree with thats why i mentioned the cause/effect.

If someone is trolling the game they are the toxin they are the cause they are the one who should be hit with this mass wave of bans, but instead its us high report count, people who encounter all these trolls and yes tend to use bad language on them from time to time, but if thats what they wanted then a ban for it on me makes no sense at all, except from the tiny little corner of "technically" but why would u want to go around coming after us for that, we are not the reason why the game experience sucks.