[Official] Retaliation thread RE:Latest worst decision to date.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
lol what? u think they picked the 2% as a test? wow just wow, no they picked 2% because otherwise they would have to ban everyone.
Lyte said they also handed out warnings, or lowered the credibility of reports even more.

The 7 day bans weren't the only punishments that were given in this sweep.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

Member

08-23-2012

different types of punishments, yet still 2%, still just to make a point, really don't see what your point is....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magein

Junior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
lol what? u think they picked the 2% as a test? wow just wow, no they picked 2% because otherwise they would have to ban everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
Hmm?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
different types of punishments, yet still 2%, still just to make a point, really don't see what your point is....
They had smaller punishments for the players outside the 0.2%.
As this was a sweep personally done by Riot, they decided to do it in a relatively small scale to ensure the accuracy of their punishment.

My point is that this was primarily done to send a message to the community. A message that both you, and many other suspended players, seem to miss completely.

Step back and take a honest look at your own behaviour.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

Member

08-23-2012

like i said u need to step back and look at the message they SENT. That is and has been my grip with all of this. They targets the wrong people.

As for that lyte quote above your post, they "researched" it? id really like more details about that, because unless they could see all those games and exactly what was happening in them, they have no freakin idea what they are talking about, and im saying EITHER WAY. Thats just coolaid and that fact u drank it proves we have nothing left to drink about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
like i said u need to step back and look at the message they SENT. That is and has been my grip with all of this. They targets the wrong people.

As for that lyte quote above your post, they "researched" it? id really like more details about that, because unless they could see all those games and exactly what was happening in them, they have no freakin idea what they are talking about, and im saying EITHER WAY. Thats just coolaid and that fact u drank it proves we have nothing left to drink about.
Lyte stated they sent out another email to correct the orginal one they went out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I personally apologize about this. Automatic messaging was sent out when a player's account is given a non-Tribunal ban and the correct messaging was sent afterwards in a queue.

This was my fault and we'll take extra measures in the future to improve messaging.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AthenaAzure

Junior Member

08-23-2012

All these Riot supporters have to back up their responses are quotes from Lyte, which really aren't credible enough. We have all read his statements... I'd prefer to look at player experiences and see the posts of people on these forums (they are the ones impacted after all). Some of them, were justifiably banned. The ones actually upset on these forums are the ones who were unfairly banned WITHOUT notice or warning. They have the right to voice their opinion and state how they are upset and how this impacted them. So stop downvoting and wrecking their posts which deserve attention with "change your behaviour and you will be okay" because for some that isn't the case.

If you want to complain about the people who are upset about these bans, make your own thread and complain about the complainers there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracondemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-23-2012

After reading peoples comments, since you like to quote lyte so much, uou may have noted they expect they made some wrongful mistakes. Which is what I believe will be the case if I could get someone to look into it. Again most of the reports I made fall into AFK/leavers and people being trolls and they were pretty clear cases as most of team should have reported them as well if they meant what they said during game.

**It is also worth noting, it is easy to manipulate the chat ingame. A person could easily go 0-5-0 and just plain out say, nope just not going well. It is easy to lie and the only way to really see if they are truely innocent, or perform this over many games ( since you probably don't ever see them again) is to just put in said report, and let the tribunal judge the verdict as they can see the results of say 10 games.

I myself have tried chat manipulation 2-3 over the course of 4k+ games to make a point of how easy doing so is. In 1 game i pretended to not know english and be from Germany. Funny thing is further analysis of some obvious signs is a ping of 52, no one from EU would get that. You could speak spanish or make yourself seem brazilean even though your not, and watch the results you get.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaAzure View Post
All these Riot supporters have to back up their responses are quotes from Lyte, which really aren't credible enough. We have all read his statements... I'd prefer to look at player experiences and see the posts of people on these forums (they are the ones impacted after all). Some of them, were justifiably banned. The ones actually upset on these forums are the ones who were unfairly banned WITHOUT notice or warning. They have the right to voice their opinion and state how they are upset and how this impacted them. So stop downvoting and wrecking their posts which deserve attention with "change your behaviour and you will be okay" because for some that isn't the case.

If you want to complain about the people who are upset about these bans, make your own thread and complain about the complainers there.
So you refuse to believe the person with the actual data, and choose to believe some random person on the internet?

K.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theshim

Senior Member

08-23-2012

It's times like this that I honestly miss DeathCrunch.

I mean he had thread after thread after thread about report abuse and bullying. I suspect if he were around right now his posts would probably make my head explode. But in a good way.