[Official] Retaliation thread RE:Latest worst decision to date.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
My suspicion is that most people who are on the forums complaining about their ban is that the do not realize how much they actually report. They don't realize how they treat people in game. Or, they are simply lying about how they report.
Add in that there is a decent number of 'anti-Tribunal' posters from these very forums that suddenly have been suspended for no reason.
Even the inactive posters suddenly returned to yell murder about this new initiative.

People just love to complain, no matter what Riot does.

Riot doesn't ban players for false reports?
'OMG, Riot, people threaten to report me without consequences. It hurts the game'.

Riot bans players for it:
'OMG, Riot, how dare you ban players for something that was not stated to be a punishable offence? How could you ban players that threatened to report and tried to get others falsely banned?'

See: Onihero. The biggest hypocrite on these forums. He always claimed that Riot had to do something about report bullying.
Now they did, and he has been one of the posters who yells murder to Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post

See: Onihero. The biggest hypocrite on these forums. He always claimed that Riot had to do something about report bullying.
Now they did, and he has been one of the posters who yells murder to Riot.
And they take it to the extreme. Lyte has clearly pointed out the types of people who have been banned, and what caused them to get banned (thousands of reports more than the average player; harassment via report bullying, etc.) yet, they still come to the forums and scream "omg now we can't report anyone!"

It's ridiculous.

I do have to say that I don't agree with a week long ban. That was way out of line imo. Especially with no official warning. They should bring the punishment down to a one-day ban, maybe a 3-day ban at most.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magein

Junior Member

08-23-2012

Every single person who has replied crying they've gotten banned for this situation is completely ignorant. If you have taken the time to post, then please take the time to read what Lyte said about the bans. The players who were banned were not only banned because of false reports, but because they were toxic, meaning, they have been banned prior for being idiots, ragers, etc....

I find it sad that not a single one of you have the balls to man up and admit that you guys were acting childish. Riot reserves the right to ban you. It's only a courtesy that Riot even acknowledges any of you and feels the need to give you proof of your wrongdoings. It seems by most of your reactions that you guys aren't competent enough to know what is wrong and what is right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
So you're basing your whole argument on the fact that you choose to believe randos on the forums? And some of your own experience?

K.

I have nearly 2k games played. I am not banned.
One of my friends has about 1500 games played. He is not banned.
Another friend has close to 4k games. He is not banned.

We all report fairly regularly.

No one on my friend's list has been banned.

My suspicion is that most people who are on the forums complaining about their ban is that the do not realize how much they actually report. They don't realize how they treat people in game. Or, they are simply lying about how they report.
thats because they picked a percentage of people to ban to give the "impression" that they were being fair. Any of u could have been that 2%......any of u.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
thats because they picked a percentage of people to ban to give the "impression" that they were being fair. Any of u could have been that 2%......any of u.
Oh man...the excuses people make to back up their arguments...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
Any of u could have been that 2%......any of u.
Nonsense. You are conveniently leaving the personal responsibility of these reporters out of the equation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

Member

08-23-2012

personal responsibility? no what your leaving out is RIOTS responsibility, the reason for the massive amount of "reports" is clearly due to there broken system, thats why "most" of these people have such high counts, some people pick not to report, some pick to report everyone who they see break a rule, those that do the latter will rack up 100x the amount easily, that does NOT make them false reports, and thats exactly how me and countless others have mentioned doing it and yet we all got banned for it.

anyways if they had all this "data" why would they only pick the top 2% the rest all broke the rules right? but oh it wasn't to make a "point" now was it becuase thats just "silly"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magein

Junior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
anyways if they had all this "data" why would they only pick the top 2% the rest all broke the rules right? but oh it wasn't to make a "point" now was it becuase thats just "silly"
Any company worth a **** will test something before making an official launch. Your point is stupid and invalid. Take responsibility for your actions and you might be a better person because of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

Member

08-23-2012

lol what? u think they picked the 2% as a test? wow just wow, no they picked 2% because otherwise they would have to ban everyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
lol what? u think they picked the 2% as a test? wow just wow, no they picked 2% because otherwise they would have to ban everyone.
Or, logically, it's because they didn't feel the other 98% were bad enough to warrant an immediate ban.

100 people were arrested for theft.
98 of them only stole $5.
2 of them stole cars.

The two that stole cars deserve jail.
The 98 that stole $5 deserve probation.

That's what happened here.