[Official] Retaliation thread RE:Latest worst decision to date.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracondemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-22-2012

In response to Riots poor choice of banning tons of people for the dumbest reason any one could think of ''False Reporting''.
Everyone who has received this leave a short message here, and lets show them how this has been their worst decision to date and could leave a heavy target on their heads.

They do not have the rights to tell a person what they deem to be reportable or not. The feature was designed with categories and as long as it fits within that category it is acceptable. It is THEIR job to review reports and decide whether it is ban worthy. If EVERY report was ban worthy then there would be no need for the tribunal system. One should be able to use partial logic when reporting is a given. Revolving everything around logic, I personally can sit down all day if needed and explain the reason for each report.

Everyone is different and again, everyone will have a different view of what to report for. This becomes even larger range when you have people who are not completely understanding of english and are for example, German.

Few examples : AFK/Leaving, If a person is afk for 3mins+ or leaves I will report.

Negative attitude: This is where I usually put trolls or people doing the dumbest of things that are completely counter productive to their champion and show no use to the team. As well people that refuse to join team for teamfights.

Language: Don't even report for this except maybe 1-2x as there is a mute option if you are not liking someone. Being a online gamer for 8 years, don't play if your going to get upset over word pixels some stranger typed that you won't ever meet.

Rest of the options: Don't even touch these except for unskilled like 1-2x a week


I have always recommended people to get into LoL, bringing them over from other games, real life etc, saying what a good job your company does. I shall from now on be advising people to invest their time in other games where the company doesn't make such a rookie mistake. Your much better solution would have been removal of report privileges for a month if you think it is such a huge problem.

There is not even a negative impact to reporting and being wrong if your company doesn't think the reported issue is ban worthy. If you think innocent people are being punished in your tribunal you need to rethink that system instead, not take the easy way out and takie it out on your player base which is also your customer base.

You still have a chance to redeem and show you made a mistake by undoing your wrong, while having shown the potential to the heavy abusers.
If you look at all my reports made as a example, the high % is afkers since that is the worst, 2nd is a mix of feeding/negative attitude all of which are reasonable except maybe 2-3 over the last month. Most of these reports should also fall into Custom games as of the last month.

In case you try to use chat logs as part of a reasoning, there is always a troll or instigator that wants to engage in a heated battle and I will gladly play into their game to toy with them. So don't try to take that road because, it is a psychological way to counter troll a troll.

As someone who takes their gaming extremely serious, I will not even get into a whole different topic of how I feel 50% or more of my playtime spent on here in the last is wasted because of leavers/afkers and trolls over the last half year. It was not this bad in the first year I played. You have far more important issues to hit about the afk/leaver/people who can't take/play the game on a serious level (design a Queue for Hardcore players who wish to play serious, and Ranked does not count it is worse than normal Queue and I am in the 1700 ELO region which should be far away from leavers/trolls yet there is a leaver in 80% of the 50 ranked games I played).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MCerberus

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracondemon View Post
They do not have the rights to tell a person what they deem to be reportable or not.
Considering this is the crux of your argument, I can just point to this and point out a couple of things.

1. Read the EULA and ToS, they do have the rights
2. This is addressing a major complaint against the tribunal, the fact that there were cases of bullying and using reports as a malicious tool against other players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracondemon View Post
In response to Riots poor choice of banning tons of people for the dumbest reason any one could think of ''False Reporting''.
Everyone who has received this leave a short message here, and lets show them how this has been their worst decision to date and could leave a heavy target on their heads.
How would removing a large quantity of people who make hundreds of false reports daily be a bad idea?
Quote:
They do not have the rights to tell a person what they deem to be reportable or not. The feature was designed with categories and as long as it fits within that category it is acceptable. It is THEIR job to review reports and decide whether it is ban worthy. If EVERY report was ban worthy then there would be no need for the tribunal system. One should be able to use partial logic when reporting is a given. Revolving everything around logic, I personally can sit down all day if needed and explain the reason for each report.
They do this. They also note that the community is more lenient than they would be.
Quote:
Everyone is different and again, everyone will have a different view of what to report for. This becomes even larger range when you have people who are not completely understanding of english and are for example, German.
If you are unable to understand the language you have the option to skip the case. I do this when I really don't see how I'd respond without learning another language.
Quote:
I have always recommended people to get into LoL, bringing them over from other games, real life etc, saying what a good job your company does. I shall from now on be advising people to invest their time in other games where the company doesn't make such a rookie mistake. Your much better solution would have been removal of report privileges for a month if you think it is such a huge problem.
They also mentioned that only those who were toxic were being given the bans. I'd refer you to lyte's posts but I don't have the link at this time.
Quote:
There is not even a negative impact to reporting and being wrong if your company doesn't think the reported issue is ban worthy. If you think innocent people are being punished in your tribunal you need to rethink that system instead, not take the easy way out and takie it out on your player base which is also your customer base.
Some false reports are not the people who land in this ban dump. Many are because they are the source of toxic situation.
Quote:
You still have a chance to redeem and show you made a mistake by undoing your wrong, while having shown the potential to the heavy abusers.
If you look at all my reports made as a example, the high % is afkers since that is the worst, 2nd is a mix of feeding/negative attitude all of which are reasonable except maybe 2-3 over the last month. Most of these reports should also fall into Custom games as of the last month.
If this is true then you're fine. Continue to use the report system fairly.
Quote:
In case you try to use chat logs as part of a reasoning, there is always a troll or instigator that wants to engage in a heated battle and I will gladly play into their game to toy with them. So don't try to take that road because, it is a psychological way to counter troll a troll.
Returning trolling only makes you another troll. I recommend you stop doing so as going to their level only means you promote it.
Quote:
As someone who takes their gaming extremely serious, I will not even get into a whole different topic of how I feel 50% or more of my playtime spent on here in the last is wasted because of leavers/afkers and trolls over the last half year. It was not this bad in the first year I played. You have far more important issues to hit about the afk/leaver/people who can't take/play the game on a serious level (design a Queue for Hardcore players who wish to play serious, and Ranked does not count it is worse than normal Queue and I am in the 1700 ELO region which should be far away from leavers/trolls yet there is a leaver in 80% of the 50 ranked games I played).
I find it odd that in high rank elo you're getting so many leavers/trolls. I do find it odd that you place people into a category for they don't take the game seriously in ranked. Ranked is where you play the game seriously. Normal is Casually. Vs bots is where you don't wish to pvp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracondemon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-22-2012

Responses to above.

-They do have rights, but this one is not backed up well enough by a concrete foundation of their report system. It is kind of a free for all and I personally don't abuse the system or report people ''for fun or to troll them'' as it were.

-Well it is pretty clear they have made some mistakes then. I play alot of games, my account has over 4k games and I usually find myself reporting every 2nd-3rd game on average for a leaver/afker. There can be a time where I may get lucky and can go 10 games without this happening. So I am curious if they have made a human error along the way and accidently included some people that just have to report alot.

***Furthermore for anyone thinking this, I have never been banned by the tribunal in my 2 years*

2nd poster : -First question is answered above.

-I revolve around logic so I don't report if it doesn't make sense.

-I don't actually do tribunal, what I meant is for some people who don't understand english as clearly and perfectly, which category what kind of report goes in as well as precisely what. They have never created a solid template on what is really and officially reportable or not. If they do it also has to be translated to every language.

-I did use the report system right and look what happens anyway.

-I come across trolls so much that is almost makes no sense to play anymore. I will actually enjoy maybe 3-5/20 games I play. I do not know what is wrong with their atrocious matchmaking but it needs a urgent overhaul or complete change. The only way to maintain any fun is to take the matter into ones own hands and respond to trolls/people ruining the game with your own actions and hope it drives them off the game. If the tribunal system worked why do I see a rapid incline of this instead of a decline.

-Ranked again this must be a matchmaking fault or extremely unlucky, I have such few ranked games because my experience has been 2x worse than normal. Plus I don't have to suffer point loss because of it.

You can question anything I say but I can give you a honest, logical response. As I have no reason to make up stories for a game. If I did not care for the game I would not have spent 2 years on it and would not have made such a lengthy post.

-I made the decision to take computer sciences because of how appealing Riot games was and wanted to support and work with such a company/game. But now it seems this may be a waste and has me going back to Blizzard , WoW. They did not coordinate or think this through properly and hit alot of innocent people from what I read.
I made a new account to check in on friends and none of them have a game played today mysteriously, which is really unusual. So something went wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hierarch DF

Senior Member

08-23-2012

They are digging their own grave.
DOOM is coming.
WE WILL SEE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
How would removing a large quantity of people who make hundreds of false reports daily be a bad idea?
repeatedly people continue to call these false reports, thats utter bs.

The people who got banned, 99% of them were legit reporters. The problem is that theres alot of people to report, so instead of dealing with that issue, they would rather just silence the reporters.

The main problem is the people coming up with these so called "fixes" most likely have never even played the dam game, i base this on the fact that they are calling us false reporters. If you play this game day in and day out, you start to notice trends of trolling, little things that people do over and over and they do it because they know its annoying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2P Necro

Senior Member

08-23-2012

I too was banned and at first i thought i had said something in game to get banned. Yes i get out

of line quite a bit i have rage issues from playing this game but i have gotten better so by all

means i may have deserved a ban anyways! The thing i dont get is, i never false report! NEVER!

I report nearly every game but you know why? beacuse there is something to report nearly

everygame! sometimes i report for feeding or sometimes unskilled, but im using my opinion on

what i believe to be the truth! Alot of my reports are on verbal abuse, and yes i love to report for

that because if i get punished for it so should others! I have never threatened to report just

because i didnt like how they played! If you suck or feed or talk ****, im going to report but hey riot

you said to report away and the tribunal would do its job! Well it has because im never going to

use it again! Thank you for falsely banning me! but hey im sure you say 10/5/17 how could i report

for feeding? well see he got mad said gg afk'ed for 2 mins than ran down mid twice before we lost!

but hey you knew that because you record games! oh wait.... false report!!!!



Also i have played like 6000 games! and several a day for years, so ya theres why i have so many reports. Thousand of games since tribunal and hundreds

of reports! but hey im sure you physically used your own eyes to review all my reports with playbacks of my games, and saw that i made it all up, and that i

made false reports!


Hey riot show proof of blatant false reports by me! "unexplicable" proof that i did this and post it! Afterword when u have proven it perma ban me! Either im full of ****, or your system is flawed!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
The people who got banned, 99% of them were legit reporters. The problem is that theres alot of people to report, so instead of dealing with that issue, they would rather just silence the reporters.
How do you know this?
And how come they report more than 100 times as much as the average reporter? They both play in the same community, don't they?
The people who were banned were banned because they A) reported way too much for invalid offences and B) often misbehaved while doing so.

The huge majority of these bans were definitely deserved. Players complained alot about the 'Report Culture', in which every slight mistake gets faced with a threat of a report, and Riot decided to act on it.

The outrage of the forums is hilarious, as many of the frequent 'anti-Tribunal' posters on these forums suddenly got suspended as well. Gosh, I wonder why?

Mind you, I do not agree with the length of the suspension, but I do definitely agree with the action itself. Report spamming and issuing false reports warrants consequences.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugrGlidrWifRidr

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
How do you know this?
And how come they report more than 100 times as much as the average reporter? They both play in the same community, don't they?
The people who were banned were banned because they A) reported way too much for invalid offences and B) often misbehaved while doing so.

The huge majority of these bans were definitely deserved. Players complained alot about the 'Report Culture', in which every slight mistake gets faced with a threat of a report, and Riot decided to act on it.

The outrage of the forums is hilarious, as many of the frequent 'anti-Tribunal' posters on these forums suddenly got suspended as well. Gosh, I wonder why?
i know this in exactly the same way people assume they were all false reports, only get this, ive also been reading the forum from them, and know from personal experience, so id say that makes me just a weeee bit more legit.

2ndly id bet anything the people who got reported also happen to be vets/aka been playing a while, so with that in mind they are "trained reporters" and notice trolling easier, and don't put up with it as much. And thats exactly how everyone should be because riot sure doesn't give a dam about the trollers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugrGlidrWifRidr View Post
i know this in exactly the same way people assume they were all false reports, only get this, ive also been reading the forum from them, and know from personal experience, so id say that makes me just a weeee bit more legit.

2ndly id bet anything the people who got reported also happen to be vets/aka been playing a while, so with that in mind they are "trained reporters" and notice trolling easier, and don't put up with it as much. And thats exactly how everyone should be because riot sure doesn't give a dam about the trollers.
So you're basing your whole argument on the fact that you choose to believe randos on the forums? And some of your own experience?

K.

I have nearly 2k games played. I am not banned.
One of my friends has about 1500 games played. He is not banned.
Another friend has close to 4k games. He is not banned.

We all report fairly regularly.

No one on my friend's list has been banned.

My suspicion is that most people who are on the forums complaining about their ban is that the do not realize how much they actually report. They don't realize how they treat people in game. Or, they are simply lying about how they report.