Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Futonlol

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexuS View Post
My active account is Broskione. I only use this account on the forum.
You still have a fairly low average game played per day. I'd say leavers and trolls are only in about 5% of games, most of my reports come from people trash talking or feeding.

Wieners Revenge

08-22-2012

My mind just recalled some recent games where I've had teammates AFK at the real end of games, like the last 3-4 minutes.

This would have not been reflected in chat or in their scores. So Riot sees it, and probably automatically assumes "false report." It's all coming together now...

Focuzed

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Players today were not punished for just being overzealous--they had to have also displayed toxic behaviors in-game recently.
Again, it wasn't a rule before, now it is. So you retroactively punish players before you announced the new change. Seems shady to me. You've completely lost my business, and I've spent over 1k on this game, all champs, 165 skins, some of them extremely rare. I've always vouched for Riot because I honestly believed you were a great company.

But banning people abruptly, for using a feature you provided, in a horribly designed elo/matchmaking system is wrong. You can continue to misconstrue the words however you may please to twist it around that what was done was a great addition. Your not fooling anyone.

I've been getting into Dota 2 alot recently due to the increasing bull**** that has come along with this game and I will continue to give my time to Valve and their amazingly designed game.

Inb4 the trolls who didn't get banned say GG NOOB, but no, they aren't contributing to the toxicity. Not at all. LMFAO, see how your system is extremely flawed?

If I really cared 2 ****s or not, I could hop on my ult acct which again has all champs, not as many skins but its not my main. You aren't really proving anything in my situation except for how horrible your company handled this situation.

And as I've stated in previous threads, I am a 3rd year Law student at the University Of Cincinnati, and I have personally contacted my Law professor this evening concerning this to confirm my already thought of ideas. Once you accepted money in the form of RP, we become your customers, and within that idea there are certain things that your company HAS to abide by when handling your customers. And this goes against those laws. Make sure you tell your crew who made the "hard" decision that as well. They might want to look into that for future instances.

You've lost a good portion of your fanbase after today, but that doesn't matter to you/your company. No matter how hard you try, this will never be a non-toxic game. You actually just contributed to the toxicity of your own game that you are trying to fix.

Now, excuse me while I go contribute some money to a game that even still in beta form, has a higher prize pool for there season 2 tourney. Thank you for making the decision that much easier for me.

Adieu

Captain Spork

08-22-2012

maybe riot is banning players that play too much

it's their way of saying you should take a break

when in reality all we're going to do is get on our smurfs and troll even harder xD

Alookeva

08-22-2012

As in a case with a friend of mine there are times that yes trash talking between friend and player a. occurs and codes are broken on both side. My problem is that a 3 man team reporting 1 player after friend says "report this player for x y and z" while we're sitting there and watching this unfold can be legit. I don't always report a player because my friend ban him. I report due to legit reasoning. This is poorly done on Riot's part and I understand and agree with your reasoning but this could have been handled 110% better.

Trofest

08-22-2012

I have one final thing to say in this thread before I take a step back. Everyone in hear crying about being banned really should learn to read the TOS. Here, I'll help:
(1) By Riot Games. RIOT GAMES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU. (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse)

Enterti

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
It'd be more like throwing somebody in jail for contempt of court. Which does happen.
Or for prank calling the police... 600+ times

Futonlol

08-22-2012

I'm enjoying how Lyte ignores the serious questions and answers the fanboys. It's so cute to watch this in action.

GrowlyGuts

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by grybranix View Post
because lyte felt like banning him and he thought the tribunal wasn't doing it fast enough
The first time I've seen you type something intelligent in this thread.

The guy hired by Riot to look for elements in the community that were both negatives for other players and were not being picked up by the current system in place for that decided he should be banned. Then he was.

Yet I think you see this as a bad thing.

Eaglewolf

08-22-2012

hmm i wonder if I'm banned...