Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chiptune

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futonlol View Post
according to your match history you very rarely play....
My active account is Broskione. I only use this account on the forum.

grybranix

08-22-2012

his day off

you know what, I bet he got reported by his team for feeding intentionally when he was just playing terribly because it looked to them like he was feeding on purpose

I bet that's exactly what happened

then he goes and bans them and everyone else who reports "too much"

Cryswar

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonwedgie View Post
Can we stop using the word toxic to describe a group of players that is related based on a vague statistic?

Lets take this for what it is: an easy way to get a hold of the report system quickly. It is clearly an issue in this game, one that needed a response. That this is the way it was handled is less than desirable, however, many would argue this action is better than none in the long run. For the sake of this game, let us hope so.

Why it was decided the tribunal could not handle reports like it always has is confusing, perhaps it is being flooded to a point of bogging the system down.

While action was right to be taken, the nature of all of this is terribly sudden. The major claim here is that these people who were banned are such rotten beings a warning would not have sufficed. There is no evidence supporting this, as every individual is a different and will respond in their own manner. Reducing to this is as short-sighted as those individual reporting for anything they do not understand.

From what we're being told, the worst offenders were the focus here. Some of these people will continue on the path they were banned for, some will take the good from this, others will leave confused about how to communicate with game support.

Some obscure group was put together based on a statistic, that does not categorize these individuals properly. We see the nature of the posts today. Some are naturally offensive and shortsighted, others want to argue their position. Others yet are looking at this thing for what it is and trying to make sense of it all.

In all, you have managed, with this ban, to reach out to a surprisingly diverse group of people. Some have never been warned through the tribunal system, some have never been banned, some are repeat offenders. At the end of the day you're using this group to send a message to the entire community, some of these people where rightfully banned others are the wrong side of a couple of bad days.

The report system is used in various ways, all of these people deemed excessive are not mindless thugs. Some of them use the report systems as a different means to communicate the flow of the game.

Regardless, the deed is done. Perhaps next time we can take our time and sort out a proper solution to the looming problems we're facing rather than smash it with a stone.
Just because you don't understand how Riot did it, doesn't mean that they just picked names out of a hat. Jesus H crikey on a pogo stick how can you people so consistently assume that Riot is just screwing around? They have psychologists and statisticians, you have - empty accusations based on no evidence.

Futonlol

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momento Morž View Post
He hasn't backpedaled on anything though. It's been pretty consistently all day "people who abuse reports and are asses about it"

You were banned for the mixture of the two. Imagine a Venn diagram. The people in the area where the two circles intersect had their bans expedited, but the people outside the intersection did not.
So on one side you have people that abuse the report feature and on the other side you have toxic players? Weird... why weren't all the toxic players just banned then? Wouldn't that make more sense? How does abusing the report system have anything to do with this at all?

Vahlen

08-22-2012

On a daily basis the vast majority of players that I encounter act in a manner befitting of a report, but if I threaten to report them and ask others to report them for their actions that is harassment?

You guys really need to pick a side and stand on it, you want the report feature to be easily useable yet you don't want people throwing it around constantly as a threat? As someone with a PhD I hope you would realize that relative "ease of use" of a certain function always impact the numbers/frequency of people who use it.

Lessis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Ah, I mean their reports are now worth 0 and are ignored by the Tribunal.
i hope you were smart enough to take away their votes in the tribunal as well...OMG

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

I only report players who break the summoner's code.

Why did I receive a week long ban for false reporting?

Also, on august 14th I received a week ban and I never got an Email regarding it, I've had a support ticket open for 9 days with no luck.

Can you please address this, Lyte?

Karolina

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momento Morž View Post
Try only reporting people who actually do something truly problematic, and not being an ass about it in game.

This seems like something pretty straightforward.
Common sense when reporting ? No way :P
(Why is that so hard to grasp for some ?)

Schildkröte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

I'm very pleased with riot lately. They have been really pulling through and making this game so much more enjoyable. I really hope this 7 day ban teaches these people that they aren't helping. It really annoys me when I go into a game and someone on my team does poorly(or someone on the enemy team does poorly), and one of my teammates/enemies says in all chat: "report X, f****** noob f@ggot"(Sorry for my language lol),
And I know you don't want to do this, Lyte, but could you check my account and see how I've been doing? I've probably said a few mean things, but I hope its not too bad...
Thanks riot employees.

OneVendetta

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorai View Post
PLEASE LYTE! TELL ME! Read my previous posts!!!! PLEASE!!!!
NO!, my post first Dx I wanna see his pic :'(