Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1rReL3v4n7

Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
This is an interesting idea we have talked about; we're concerned with unnecessary stress on some players whenever the bar moves even a little, but we need to think about it some more.

unnecessary stress did you really just say that? what do you call what your doing now? banning people that HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG and your worried about what a new feature that's actually a **** good idea will do to people. your supposed to use logic? i see none here

TotalDisorder

Recruiter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Momento Morì:
You're just mincing words now.

Not at all. None of those things are punishable for any of the categories in the tribunal. Sorry that you don't like it. They're different categories. That is why they're listed separately.

Harassment is repeated.

The closest they could be would be negative attitude, and making one statement as such during a game to a person who is behaving poorly? Probably not punishable.

Doktor Pat

08-23-2012

Sing it!

Lyte, you lyte up my world like nobody else.
The way you wield that ban hammer gets me overwhelmed, but when you don't answer my post it becomes hard to tell.

Do I trollloooo in most normal games?

Enjoy that.

Putzfrau

08-23-2012

Quote:
ThatWhooshIsMe:
i'm sorry you're too blind to see the cherry picking happening here. Sheep.

God you're funny.

Shad0wth3fall3n

08-23-2012

Lyte, I understand you have hundreds of posts, but please respond to mine. I asked 4 questions about 5 pages back

PrettyUnicorns

08-23-2012

Man you guys are so mad...i've been playing for 1.5 years and never have I been warned or banned by tribunal. It's not that hard to not act like a d*ck in game.

Momento Morì

08-23-2012

Quote:
ThatWhooshIsMe:
i'm sorry you're too blind to see the cherry picking happening here. Sheep.

See? You're doing it again.
Quote:
Captain Spork:
but in the meantime, random 7 day bans for everybody!

just wait 'til it's your turn!!

Still waiting.

Sydrael

08-23-2012

Hey Lyte, out of curiosity does anybody have a perfect reporting record? (By this I mean everybody that they report was found guilty.)

ADC OR I FEED

08-23-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
This is an interesting idea we have talked about; we're concerned with unnecessary stress on some players whenever the bar moves even a little, but we need to think about it some more.

A bar or indicator on our accounts would be very helpful. However, it doesn't help the problem now, which is that a ton of people have lost access to their content and without good reason or warning - this rule about the report feature did not exist until the suspension emails hit our inboxes. This is a serious problem.

Dreampod

08-23-2012

Quote:
Vahlen:
How about the stress level of all those players actually trying to reform and stay out of the Tribunal? You said yourself that a large portion of the playerbase don't even know the Tribunal exists so why would a solution like this be such a problem?

This would create an exposure to the Tribunal - through the report stats. Currently they don't think about the Tribunal and that would make them. Ignorance is bliss in this case and the benefit to those already thinking about the Tribunal is pretty minimal given how people whine and complain that their bans were unfair even when they've got the report card recording all their abuse in front of them.