@Riot: My "False Reports"

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarusta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-22-2012

I honestly do not believe I have ever reported someone falsely, in most every case where I've reported someone, they were legitimately being toxic. (There may be some rare incidents where I've been playing with friends (who do hand out reports when they are pissed at people for no real reason) and I've succumbed to peer pressure, but those are hardly a majority of my reports. (By "rare", I mean like, happened three times, max. Most of the times I ignore my friends telling me to dole out pointless reports.))

I don't believe I've ever reported for petty reasons (IE: they pissed me off), if that's ever happened it's because they pissed me off by having awful attitudes. And usually if someone's pulling off crappy behavior in game, I try to ask them to calm down, and try to regroup my team. I occasionally do pull AN ALL CAPS SPEECH, but usually it's only for emphasis, when people have ignored what I've said like five times.

My reports don't go out to feeders, to people who play badly, they go out to people who rage, who lash out at others for no reason, I even go out of my way to defend others (in cases where they are defendible) (and often getting accused of duo-queueing where I'm not).

My reports are not often blank, they always have decent descriptions of the transgressions that occurred. Occassionally I do leave them blank if I believe that reading the chat is more than enough indication of the offender's behavior, but usually I mark even those reports with "Read chat log, this guy is ____". My reports are reserved for people being terrible players with awful attitudes, but apparently not enough people think that's a punishable offense, so I'm being punished for that instead?

I've been reporting under the assumption that maybe if these people eventually saw some warning from Riot, they'd think "oh ****, I better quit being such a ****", and clean up their act. I know that it is an effective form of punishment because I was on the receiving end of a warning once, and have since made every effort to stop raging in games/at people.

My point is, I would be really happy if Riot could look at my account and reevaluate my case. Ever since my first warning I've been striving to make every effort to contain my tendency of yelling at bad teammates, and being suspended for this is kind of a slap in the face considering I honestly believe I have never reported anyone falsely. It's especially painful because I've been trying to get my foot in the door for an internship (and hopefully eventual job) at Riot, and if nothing else "suspended for a week" seems like it will completely destroy my chances. More than anything I just want to see my Tribunal record so I can know what exactly it is I'm doing "wrong".

EDIT: Some things that have been brought to my attention that I should clarify:

My reports are rarely blank, they usually contain some information as to what the offender's transgressions are. The only time I ever leave reports blank if it's something like straight up Verbal Abuse or Spamming, and even then I usually say something simple along the lines of "Read chat, extremely abusive player." I always take 2-5 minutes at the end of the game if I'm reporting someone, I even wait until post-game lobby chat has taken place to see if he says anything redeeming (or condemning).

Regarding this post:

I'm not concerned that my support pushed my lane and lost me CS, I'm concerned that when asked politely to stop, he instead continues his behavior and starts trash talking and shifting blame onto me or anyone else. And it's not a personal attack/defense or anything, I would (and do) do it for enemy teams as well.

I'm not concerned that my jungler isn't ganking at all, but when asked to help out a lane and he flat out refuses, then he is legitimately refusing to communicate with his team, and I'd report him as such.

Sarusta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-22-2012

Bump

Sarusta

Adjudicator

08-22-2012

Bump, again. I'm not sure why I'm being downvoted without reason.

Sarusta

Adjudicator

08-22-2012

I really hate bumping this much because I feel I'm only going to garner hatred, but I really want to know what the issue is here. Think I'll go submit a support ticket too.

Shannoko

08-22-2012

I believe you, but I will need to see some Lyte or Pendragon action before I'm really convinced.

Sarusta

Adjudicator

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannoko View Post
I believe you, but I will need to see some Lyte or Pendragon action before I'm really convinced.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm hoping for.

Sarusta

Adjudicator

08-22-2012

Bump. Please, Riot =<

Rooster Raiden

08-22-2012

Seriously if an Adjudicator has been banned by this it's pretty offbase.

shlver

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannoko View Post
You believe him? You dont even know him wtf lmfao.

Funkdamental

08-22-2012

What is adjudicator and how do you get that?!!?!

(THIS IS MY BEST CHANCE TO FIND OUT!)

1234511 ... 18