ROFL Seriously?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlexDnD2

08-22-2012

Dear Summoner,

Internal audits by staff members of Riot have revealed consistent abuse of the “Report A Player” feature by your account within League of Legends.

Falsely reporting players over a large span of time dilutes the significance of your reports and causes unnecessary distress to the players being reported. Reporting players is a tool used to help improve the community rather than a tool used to threaten or bully other players.

Due to this toxic behavior, your account has been temporarily suspended.

Please note that this is a temporary suspension to serve as an official warning. Moving forward, be mindful of who you are reporting as falsely reporting players is not only against the Summoner’s Code, but also negatively effects the League of Legends community. Failure to adjust your in-game behavior can result in additional punishments.

Who determines toxic behavior? If you want to dilute the strength of my reports... fine we may agree to disagree on what is or isn't toxic. But an out right suspension for using the report button YOU encourage us to use? Boggle.

So yeah I'm done buying RP from your company but I'll keep playing since its free - but I'm done supporting such a ridiculous philosophy. I'm a drop in the bucket but over time you'll find that this kind of hostile anti-democratic reporting process IS bad for the game.

Consider the process. My single report by itself will never get someone on tribunal. Other people would of had to report. After that a majority of players would have to have voted punish. So what exactly is the "toxic" harm you spout?

Mokkun

08-22-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2502809

There's a LOT of information about this issue in this thread.

magooomba

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
Who determines toxic behavior? If you want to dilute the strength of my reports... fine we may agree to disagree on what is or isn't toxic. But an out right suspension for using the report button YOU encourage us to use? Boggle.

So yeah I'm done buying RP from your company but I'll keep playing since its free - but I'm done supporting such a ridiculous philosophy. I'm a drop in the bucket but over time you'll find that this kind of hostile anti-democratic reporting process IS bad for the game.

Consider the process. My single report by itself will never get someone on tribunal. Other people would of had to report. After that a majority of players would have to have voted punish. So what exactly is the "toxic" harm you spout?
The "toxic" harm they spout is probably related to this:

Quote:
This guide is designed to help you make your reports more meaningful.

1. When teamed with a baddie do not report for unskilled. Please select intentional feed.

2. When someone leaves the game, do not report under afk/leaver - Riot has a separate system called leave buster. Instead report under another category and get the rest of your team and their team to do so.

3. If someone is verbally abusive mute them. Only if they are bad report them.

4. Be careful not to be reported too often - if you are generally mild mannered in most games feel free to bait a baddie into really being a jerk. You'll be unlikely to get enough reports but you can drive them to the edge with things like, "wow gg, gonna report." And "please don't ever play this game again." Or even just "Noob l2p." Most feeders tend to be bad mannered but some are just honestly bad at the game and they tend to avoid cursing or raging. These people you really need to bait since unless they really do do something bannable they won't be perma-banned. Again use caution here you don't want to get reported yourself.

5. If the enemy team says report someone, check the K/D ratio. If its bad please report. There is a reason their team wanted them reported, its because they are a baddie.

6. Use the tribunal yourself and punish those with bad K/D ratio.

Together we can get rid of the feeders, leavers, afkers and BADDIES forever.
or this:

Quote:
Of course if the players are smart they will report you for intentional feeding. That's what I do when I see some noob messing up my game.
Did you really think of yourself as "smart" in doing that?

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Magoomba, with the postalkill.

Delinth

08-22-2012

Bazinga!

Kaizer Wilhelm

08-22-2012

magoomba, thank you for the best possible post.

unpredictability

08-22-2012

get wrecked, juvenile

TenienDaithen

08-22-2012

Oh magoomba. What a fantastic reply. Beware, though, he probably still doesn't get it.

Arcane Azmadi

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooomba View Post
The "toxic" harm they spout is probably related to this:

or this:

Did you really think of yourself as "smart" in doing that?
Ooh, owned!

LawGiver500

08-22-2012

Arcane Azmadi this says it all.

http://youtu.be/7I7Ue2wX6iQ

and this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
On both your smurf account and your main account you have showed toxic behaviors in-game recently. Unfortunately, you have also reported hundreds of players(600+!) over time and many did not deserve the report or the behavior you showed in your games.

We've actually already reset report weights to 0 for players who have been abusing the report feature; however, for the worst abusers we felt like we had to do more and added an additional 7-day timeout.