Sign if you're going to be 'boycotting' the report feature.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raziker

08-22-2012

I also stop reporting since the systems is **** right now !

/sign
Raziker

sko0ma

08-22-2012

fuk riot theyre stupid

ßårtõLõtråß

08-22-2012

save your money, upgrade your computer and play gw2

Radiant Glory

08-22-2012

/sign
Radiant Glory
/sign all my smurfs
Glorious Rise
Angelic Glory
Demonic Glory
Ethereal Glory
Celestial Glory

LawGiver500

08-22-2012

wait let me get the Idea of this thread. The OP is asking people that have been suspending for abusing the report function to not use the report function when in game........

Radiant Glory

08-22-2012

sign or leave please

NecroticBinder

08-22-2012

I'll make it clear right now. I won't sign this, I'll likely never sign this. I feel that boycotting the system is quite frankly, idiotic and childish.

I state this and hold this opinion because quite a bit of the community complains about how report abuse is an issue, and that we need a more public way of dealing with it. Riot then releases said system where people who frequently false report AND abuse it are getting banned. If anything, numbers may need tweaking but it's similar to boycotting LoL because you are afraid of the tribunal. A legitimate player shouldn't do it because they have nothing to fear.

Take into account the fact that most of the people who have gotten red responses have HUNDREDS of false reports that were intentionally malicious and overall are trolls in some of their games. Do you honestly think that if you use a bit of common sense, like not reporting someone for cursing at themselves or something else that isn't intentional and or is a minor thing in the eyes of most people, that you will accumulate that many false reports against otherwise innocent people?

Quote:
I can tell from other posts that there are a lot of other people who seem to be sharing this sentiment. So in order to get a feel from the community exactly how negative the whiplash is from this new system, please /sign if you too will be abandoning the report function.

I figure if the community is that upset/frightened over what the algorithm can do, and enough signatures are gathered; Riot 'might' have to stop and go "Wait a second...this really was a bad idea."
You realize this quote can be applied to the tribunal. Hell, it can be applied to any system, but until you bring up some hard proof that this system is actually banning players who use legitimate reports and don't abuse the system, it's blatant fear mongering.

Edit: You know what, after reading LawGiver's post, yes, if you would boycott the system, this means that you likely were one of the people who abused it. So please, please boycott it because that is the point.

Radiant Glory

08-22-2012

sign or leave please

NecroticBinder

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant Glory View Post
sign or leave please
Radiant. Look at the people who'd sign a petition supporting this. If you want to get people to 'sign' this petition, why not provide an actual argument against the new system instead of political fearmongering? Because so far that's all that has been put forth. "We know the system does things. We don't know how it does, so that means we have to stop it!" is basically what is being said.

HellsThunder

08-22-2012

I support this, why report if you will get banned for it, Riot says themselves they use metrics and an algorithm to decide if your reports are legit or not, there's no human review behind them, it's an automated system, and automated systems are prone to failure and false positives without any human review.

This system is designed to fail. So, since Riot doesn't want people to be reported because they ban the reporters, then I don't see any point in reporting people. Why should I report people who won't get punished when I will end up being the one banned for trying to clean up the game?