Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Dodging a ranked game stops your elo decaying

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cornwillis

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Hello there.

I haven't played a lot of ranked games in the past four months or so, the last one I did attempt to play resulted what looked like what was going to be an frustrating game based on player behaviour in pre-game chat, so I dodged. Didn't bother to queue again, thought I'd just let my elo decay and be done with it.

After what seemed like a while, I noticed my elo hadn't shifted at all. It has been a good few months without me playing any ranked, I'd just queue up and instantly dodge (just to see if my elo would eventually decay) and it hasn't budged!

I assume this isn't intended, as I don't feel like I'm keeping my skill level up by running around in ARAM all day.


Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not referring the penalty that you get for dodging, I'm talking about losing elo every 4 weeks for inactivity in ranked games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rpvarela

Member

08-22-2012

That was a patch change. You elo no longer decays, but you get a longer queue leaver penalty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cornwillis

Senior Member

08-22-2012

I'm not talking about the penalty for leaving, sorry I might not have been clear enough.

After a few weeks (I don't know the actual number) of not playing ranked games, you start losing elo - unless you play at least one ranked game. Queuing up and then dodging makes the system think you've played a ranked game, and prevents this gradual loss of elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gumurak

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Cornwillis:
I'm not talking about the penalty for leaving, sorry I might not have been clear enough.

After a few weeks (I don't know the actual number) of not playing ranked games, you start losing elo - unless you play at least one ranked game. Queuing up and then dodging makes the system think you've played a ranked game, and prevents this gradual loss of elo.



And what he told you is that they removed that and upped leaver penalty. Meaning, elo no longer decays. And even dodging isnt worth it as a dodge on ranked hits you for 30 mins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cornwillis

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Gumurak:
And what he told you is that they removed that and upped leaver penalty. Meaning, elo no longer decays. And even dodging isnt worth it as a dodge on ranked hits you for 30 mins.

AFAIK this isn't the case - I had a look over patch notes and didn't find anything about them removing elo decay. I'm happy to be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it still exists.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2499962&highlight=decay

I'm talking about this kind of thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gumurak

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Cornwillis:
AFAIK this isn't the case - I had a look over patch notes and didn't find anything about them removing elo decay. I'm happy to be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it still exists.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2499962&highlight=decay

I'm talking about this kind of thing.


Not sure what to tell you. Mine doesn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cornwillis

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Gumurak:
Not sure what to tell you. Mine doesn't.

Only applies if you're over 1400 elo I believe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rpvarela

Member

08-22-2012

From the patch after Draven's:

" Dodging a ranked game will no longer result in loss of Elo but the time before you can join any queue again has greatly increased."


Edit - Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2226294


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

psych00range

Senior Member

08-23-2012

he means after 1400 elo if you dont play for 4 weeks your elo drops by 25 this obviously hasnt happened to him if he is above 1400


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cornwillis

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
psych00range:
he means after 1400 elo if you dont play for 4 weeks your elo drops by 25 this obviously hasnt happened to him if he is above 1400

Yep that's the one


12