A Giant Step Backwards Lyte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahlen View Post
I report players a lot, usually whenever the complain about my performance, build, champion selection, or anything else I feel negatively impacted my experience. If it's something that I feel I could/would be reported for then I do.........if not then I don't.

Granted I am probably guilty of using /all too much and it's something I should work on.

A lot? Give a rough estimate of how many games during a week you think you're reporting people. (Assume you play 5 games a day for a week and make a judgement on that.)

If a player complains about your performance/build/champ then ask what they have against you doing it.

For example, I was mouthed at for playing on-hit Teemo just last night by my lane partner Shen.
It was frustrating because they didn't support me on more than one occasion so I mentioned a heated comment about their lack of skill usage, (No use of Q and lack of ultimate use on any teammate until about level 12.).
They very immaturely said that my AD Teemo sucked, it's the worst thing in the game, and it can't do anything and that I was bad for not winning against a killing pair.
I didn't solicit reports and I ignored him. It wasn't worth reporting. I was just outmatched in my lane and focused on building myself up as a counter to their team. After a few minutes I removed his mute and they appeared to not say anything else for the rest of the game.
Yes they did complain/rag on my build and performance but it wasn't something to report over. Did it destroy the game experience and create a negative impact for everyone else on the team? No it did not as.
We actually came back from a bitter early game loss to a dominating victory.

There are times when you can legitimately report criticism--when it gets hostile. Cases such as the one I had are not worth of a warning or ban and they are situations that you can dismiss it by simply saying "I am sorry you see it that way" or something similar--or you can remain silent.
I say that this case isn't punishable because my Shen partner changed their behavior and cooperated with the team a few moments after we lost our outer tower. It was an inconvenience toward me but in a minor way--we just had a disagreement.
I would let you see the replay file with the chat but I overlooked a new "feature" which has this recording in spectator mode (no team chat) and not my perspective.

Vahlen

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbox View Post
A lot? Give a rough estimate of how many games during a week you think you're reporting people. (Assume you play 5 games a day for a week and make a judgement on that.)

If a player complains about your performance/build/champ then ask what they have against you doing it.

For example, I was mouthed at for playing on-hit Teemo just last night by my lane partner Shen.
It was frustrating because they didn't support me on more than one occasion so I mentioned a heated comment about their lack of skill usage, (No use of Q and lack of ultimate use on any teammate until about level 12.).
They very immaturely said that my AD Teemo sucked, it's the worst thing in the game, and it can't do anything and that I was bad for not winning against a killing pair.
I didn't solicit reports and I ignored him. It wasn't worth reporting. I was just outmatched in my lane and focused on building myself up as a counter to their team. After a few minutes I removed his mute and they appeared to not say anything else for the rest of the game.
Yes they did complain/rag on my build and performance but it wasn't something to report over. Did it destroy the game experience and create a negative impact for everyone else on the team? No it did not as.
We actually came back from a bitter early game loss to a dominating victory.

There are times when you can legitimately report criticism--when it gets hostile. Cases such as the one I had are not worth of a warning or ban and they are situations that you can dismiss it by simply saying "I am sorry you see it that way" or something similar--or you can remain silent.
I say that this case isn't punishable because my Shen partner changed their behavior and cooperated with the team a few moments after we lost our outer tower. It was an inconvenience toward me but in a minor way--we just had a disagreement.
I would let you see the replay file with the chat but I overlooked a new "feature" which has this recording in spectator mode (no team chat) and not my perspective.
There doesn't need to be estimate, the function is there for players to use (yes even other toxic players) if they feel they have been negatively impacted/offended by the players actions or attitudes.

SimplyAlive

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihero View Post
And on top of all that, trolls now have yet ANOTHER way to negatively impact your account.

All they have to do is hit Pardon a lot.
Oh please.
You made a giant issue out of 'report bullying' in the past and now that there are measurements against it, you make another issue out of it?

Read the thread with Lyte's comment. Learn that reporting those who deserve it in an appropiate way does not get you suspended.
If you abuse reports, then you get suspended. If you report others in the way of 'ha, f*ggot, I'll report you', then you get suspended.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2504838

Quote:
Today, we decided to give a 7-day timeout to players who were the worst 0.2% of players who abused the report feature and had displayed toxic behavior in their recent matches.

800eloPubtrash

08-23-2012

I report almost anyone that pisses me off (they are technically breaking the summoner's code when I do, since the average player is a d-bag but it's probably way too strict). Even I didn't get banned.

800eloPubtrash

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihero View Post
And on top of all that, trolls now have yet ANOTHER way to negatively impact your account.

All they have to do is hit Pardon a lot.
They're not even trolls usually. The community says it's okay to be a d-bag unless you're doing it 24/7. Still I bet you're safe from this stuff unless you report ppl for playing bad.

GurkenMAN

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahlen View Post
So not only do I now have to suffer through jerks harassing me but I now also have to deal with not being able to report them?

The report function is there to report those who feel offended you, so why am I punished for doing so? I have not received a ban in a year for my behavior but I now receive one because I am reporting others for their behavior which I feel is inappropriate?

I have recently been in support of how the Tribunal system has been moving forward, but this was a giant step backwards.
Disagree.
Right step punishing these "i will report u for ks idiotnoobf@ggot" kiddies who flame almost every game- obviously without noticing it