Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Giant Step Backwards Lyte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

onihero

08-22-2012

Seems like a more effective way to troll the playerbase with the new implemented suspensions for reporting bad behavior.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

08-22-2012

Quote:
Vahlen:
Clearly I was not safe in reporting, I feel this punishment was due in part to me already being on the top tier of punishment for the Tribunal (2-weeks) which is unfair bias.

They did a manual review that was triggered by having a very low report weight. That review included looking through your games to determine that you were using the threat of reporting to bully and blackmail your team. So, no, bias wasn't required to get you this suspension.

Also, it looks as though no one received a permanent ban as a result of this sweep, for which you should be grateful, seeing as how you were at the 2-week threshold.

Flyingbox

08-22-2012

A typical go-to solution which might be overloaded right now is to contact support and request a general summary of your reporting accuracy and failure. Lyte has mentioned elsewhere that he can know your reports and can look them up easily so maybe you can find a solution by filing a ticket.

I'm wondering if this system will get a form of report card...

Vahlen

08-22-2012

Quote:
onihero:
And on top of all that, trolls now have yet ANOTHER way to negatively impact your account.

All they have to do is hit Pardon a lot.

I doubt they would have overlooked that obvious side-effect, but I'm just sick and tired of this "smoke and mirrors" about Tribunal.

Flyingbox

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.

Just pulling this quote. There is definitely room for mistakes and learning, but there is such thing as too much.

How often do you report players?
On average how many players per game do you report?
How many reports would you file in a week?
What is your most common report and how do you go about detecting criteria for said report?
Do you rile up the entire chat window to gather reports against one person or do you civilly say your peace then leave the topic alone?
Be honest. Seriously. Be honest.

Vahlen

08-22-2012

Quote:
Ulanopo:
They did a manual review that was triggered by having a very low report weight. That review included looking through your games to determine that you were using the threat of reporting to bully and blackmail your team. So, no, bias wasn't required to get you this suspension.

Also, it looks as though no one received a permanent ban as a result of this sweep, for which you should be grateful, seeing as how you were at the 2-week threshold.

It's highly likely my low report weight was a result from my behavior in the past, which HAS SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVED since almost 1 year ago. Why am I being punished now then for something I did a long time ago, and have since changed for the better.

Vahlen

08-22-2012

Quote:
Flyingbox:
Just pulling this quote. There is definitely room for mistakes and learning, but there is such thing as too much.

How often do you report players?
On average how many players per game do you report?
How many reports would you file in a week?
What is your most common report and how do you go about detecting criteria for said report?
Be honest. Seriously. Be honest.

I report players a lot, usually whenever the complain about my performance, build, champion selection, or anything else I feel negatively impacted my experience. If it's something that I feel I could/would be reported for then I do.........if not then I don't.

Granted I am probably guilty of using /all too much and it's something I should work on.

messymike

08-22-2012

quite honestly i'm just going to take the ban and never purchase RP again... why would i fund a game that is willing to ban for unjust, ludacris reasons out of the blue!

maybe if other people like me, who received a ban for trying to clean up the community by reporting everything we deemed inappropriate simply boycotted RP, they might take a 1-2% dip in profits and see that banning their players for bs reasons isn't the way to roll

i saw someone posting that there is a limit to where riot will start banning you, and it was 8.5+ reports per every 10 games.

obviously whoever came up with that number has never had to play low elo games, where you can get 4 reasonable reports in 1 game

Flyingbox

08-22-2012

Quote:
messymike:
obviously whoever came up with that number has never had to play low elo games, where you can get 4 reasonable reports in 1 game

Elo is suited to how you perform with your team in the long run. It doesn't mean there are players being blatantly bad all the time.
You pretty much said players with a low skill have a high chance of being "legitimately" reported which is very much false.

Vahlen

08-22-2012

Idk, maybe it's just time that I move onto another game that's more conducive to player interaction. I am not condoning abusive/racist behavior, but there's something to be said for competitive banter and conversation. That just doesn't exist in LoL anymore, games are either completely silent or filled with 13yr old trolls harassing you at every turn.