A Giant Step Backwards Lyte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vahlen

08-22-2012

So not only do I now have to suffer through jerks harassing me but I now also have to deal with not being able to report them?

The report function is there to report those who feel offended you, so why am I punished for doing so? I have not received a ban in a year for my behavior but I now receive one because I am reporting others for their behavior which I feel is inappropriate?

I have recently been in support of how the Tribunal system has been moving forward, but this was a giant step backwards.

xHarukox

08-22-2012

You can still report the jerks. BUT, you just gotta make sure that a random panel of lol players would agree that he should be banned.

hmmm... Yeah i'd just not report.

AbyssionKnight

08-22-2012

You guys need to read this thread.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...24938#28524938

Vahlen

08-22-2012

I do not expect every person I report to have a judgement rendered against them, but I do expect my report to be taken seriously. I often report on pre-game/post-game chat which apparently is still not available in Tribunal logs, this undoubtedly affects the outcome of the report but I share the same feelings as Lyte. If a player is negative or abusive in one game it is likely that he is also acting in a similar manner in others.

I admit that I report a lot of people, but only if I feel they negatively impacted my gaming experience through their actions or attitudes which is what I thought the report function was intended for.

Flyingbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Let me put it simple: If a player is being an obvious negative in this game then feel free to report. Write a clear comment explaining your complaint and it can help the tribunal better judge.

You'll be hit by a suspension if you're falsely reporting your team because you're upset at a loss or poor performance. If you believe you're being accurate with a complaint in a correct context (even at a slight hint of malice) then you should be safe on reporting.

xHarukox

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssionKnight View Post

You act like we all havent' read this piece of ****.

Vahlen

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbox View Post
Let me put it simple: If a player is being an obvious negative in this game then feel free to report. Write a clear comment explaining your complaint and it can help the tribunal better judge.

You'll be hit by a suspension if you're falsely reporting your team because you're upset at a loss or poor performance. If you believe you're being accurate with a complaint in a correct context (even at a slight hint of malice) then you should be safe on reporting.
Clearly I was not safe in reporting, I feel this punishment was due in part to me already being on the top tier of punishment for the Tribunal (2-weeks) which is unfair bias.

onihero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

And on top of all that, trolls now have yet ANOTHER way to negatively impact your account.

All they have to do is hit Pardon a lot.

Ulanopo

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihero View Post
And on top of all that, trolls now have yet ANOTHER way to negatively impact your account.

All they have to do is hit Pardon a lot.
So, wait, in one day we've gone from "punish spamming" to "pardon trolling"?

AbyssionKnight

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHarukox View Post
You act like we all havent' read this piece of ****.
What's with the attitude? Not everyone in the Tribunal section of the forums will have read a thread in the General Discussion. Likewise the OP seems confused as to why these bans are occuring, and is under the impression that if you report people you're at risk of getting a ban yourself.

That thread clearly explains the situation, and that the only people getting banned are those who use the report feature too often, and who have in the past proven themselves to be toxic players. I linked that thread in order to make sure the OP, and anyone else reading this thread, had access to the currently provided information. I didn't do it to be smug or arrogant or however you may have taken it.

I would suggest that you take a good look at how you treat people though. If you lash out at people like that of the forums, just for posting a relevant link, then I can imagine that your behaviour towards others in game is rather abrasive as well.