Quick question for everyone!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

08-22-2012

Hey all!

I've been ruminating (there's a ten dollar word ) on the idea of making a champion spotlight or two for dominion - or at least I've been recording my last few games.

As for the next step, I'm at a bit of a loss, can anyone recommend a good (prefferably free) video editor to splice it together and slap my voice over the top?

larkhill

08-23-2012

this depends on how fancy u wanna get with things. windows movie maker is actually very good for basic stuff.

naotasan

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarea View Post
I think Windows Movie Maker is more than adequate for your needs!
All I ask is that if you use the movie maker, do not use generic/default colors and themes. Please make it look like you tried.

AbsolutePK

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
All I ask is that if you use the movie maker, do not use generic/default colors and themes. Please make it look like you tried.
But blue background white text spinning words look so cool!

Stiff Tacos

08-23-2012

Well there is Sony Vegas. It costs money, but there are plenty of places on the internet to get it for free *cough*.

Sounds like a great idea, I can't wait for the finished product.

Phourc

08-23-2012

Thanks for the replies!~

I didn't actually see this until tonight - I just pulled down Sony Vegas, it appears to have a demo so we'll see how that works.

(For some reason I don't have movie maker on this computer, I could probably find it it on microsoft's site but not super interested xP)

BeefJerkyHunter

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
(For some reason I don't have movie maker on this computer, I could probably find it it on microsoft's site but not super interested xP)
I think that you have to download Movie Maker through the Windows Live Essentials pack. Don't worry, you don't have to install everything in that pack, you can just install the movie maker only.

HaIfhearted

08-23-2012

Well, if you're gonna make champ spotlights, make sure you run the builds and stuff by the DD chatroom first during prime time.

I don't think you want tourney players invalidating your hard work ^_^
Plus, we'd be happy to help with this sort of thing.

DiscworldDeath

08-24-2012

Due to how much disagreement and differing styles there are, someone will definitely invalidate it while others support it

Just need to remind people it's "A build" and not "The build".

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Looks like i'm a bit late to the party, but I would recommend Sony Vegas. They have free trials if you don't feel like paying for the thing just yet. For the splicing on Vegas, so you don't have to search later, when your League video is on the timeline, just go to the point you want to splice, click it, and hit "S". But I think a Champion spotlight would be a very cool idea!