Creative Design AMA: Katarina, the Sinister Blade (Revised)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diamago

Junior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeta88 View Post
I still don't quite understand why when she killed the general she didn't just move on to kill the other guy. Is it failure just so you can be like

"well we needed something"

It just seems odd and uneccassary.

Although I do like the part where it at least seems she slaughters an entire Demacian unit.

I will be honest. I still think the original is better. But this one is leaps and bounds over the previous remake. So good job.
An assassin can't just hang out all day in an enemy camp leaving a trail of bodies behind. She spotted [what she thought was] a higher priority target and decided to take him out instead, then escaped before anyone could discover the act.

Also, this line:

Quote:
Pleased with her impressive kill, she disappeared into the night.
indicates she is so proud of killing the general, she all but forgets about her true assignment, which she perceives to be unimportant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StarkRavenMad

Senior Member

08-22-2012

I know that, previously, it is said that Katarina, while respecting Swain, didn't trust him. I'm curious if she's willing to serve under the Noxian flag, with Swain leading the charge, and if she believes him a qualified leader, for it not for her father becoming MIA.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragonLord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2012

This one is much better then the other. I got more of the feeling that Kat was the badass, professional she is than with the previous rewrite. Also the story itself feels more complete than the first rewrite. Thanks for rewriting on your vacation! I'm really hoping for more stories to come!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prince Kassad

Senior Member

08-22-2012

I like the last sentence, about never letting *passion* interfere with duty. That definitely sets the stage for the Katarina/Garen relationship.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMeta88

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamago View Post
An assassin can't just hang out all day in an enemy camp leaving a trail of bodies behind. She spotted [what she thought was] a higher priority target and decided to take him out instead, then escaped before anyone could discover the act.

Also, this line:



indicates she is so proud of killing the general, she all but forgets about her true assignment, which she perceives to be unimportant.
Sure, but why? In a militaristic soceity you would think that she would follow her orders to the letter. So why not kill the general AND the guy she was supposed to. Then you go home and you have really done your family good.

Sure you don't just want dead bodies all over the place but still. You would think a true assassin wouldn't leave till the job isn't done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2012

This is a vast improvement over the previous version, so firstly: Excellent work <3


Secondly, I'm curious about something. You didn't eliminate her interest in crocodiles at all, right? When you say the stories of her exploits deserve more than a one-liner, does this mean you're currently working on telling the story of that time she and I were selected to fight to the death in a huge, 24-man free-for-all, and at first she hated me because like, I didn't give her bread or something but then by the end we were prepared to die together? Be sure to include those really saucy jungle scenes. Actually I could write it. Want me to write it?

edit: Do you want me to update her judgment? She probably won't be as upset this time around so I am willing to just turn it into smut.

edit 2: Also, welcome back! That seems like something I should have said initially but I am really bad at manners.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

Senior Member

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkRavenMad View Post
I know that, previously, it is said that Katarina, while respecting Swain, didn't trust him. I'm curious if she's willing to serve under the Noxian flag, with Swain leading the charge, and if she believes him a qualified leader, for it not for her father becoming MIA.
If she suspects Swain isn't worthwhile, she'll do the Noxian duty - plot to assassinate him and replace him with someone else. = )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRaven

Sr. Creative Designer

08-22-2012
7 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariatria View Post
This one is much better then the other. I got more of the feeling that Kat was the badass, professional she is than with the previous rewrite. Also the story itself feels more complete than the first rewrite. Thanks for rewriting on your vacation! I'm really hoping for more stories to come!
You can thank Kitae for her assistance while I was out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRaven

Sr. Creative Designer

08-22-2012
8 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
I like the last sentence, about never letting *passion* interfere with duty. That definitely sets the stage for the Katarina/Garen relationship.

Huh, would we do that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRaven

Sr. Creative Designer

08-22-2012
9 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
This is a vast improvement over the previous version, so firstly: Excellent work <3
Thank you!

Quote:
Secondly, I'm curious about something. You didn't eliminate her interest in crocodiles at all, right?
Well, it's always important to find the subtext in between the lines.

Quote:
edit: Do you want me to update her judgment? She probably won't be as upset this time around so I am willing to just turn it into smut.
I am now afraid.

Quote:
edit 2: Also, welcome back! That seems like something I should have said initially but I am really bad at manners.
Thank you! It's good to be back. And next week, I turn around and head to PAX.