Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Horus2

08-22-2012

Again, why could this not have been done with a simple warning email?

I use the "unskilled player" report almost every game, sometimes for multiple players, because I had no idea that it could lead to something like that.

The other reports, I've only used for legitimate reasons. If someone goes AFK for a long section of a game, if a person feeds on purpose, or if someone is just a general jerk. I could certainly do it for only the worst of cases, if you'd simply asked, but NEVER have I done it, simply to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.

PIGSLOP

08-22-2012

Quote:
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
What is wrong with you lunatics? You're like the ****ing video game gestapo, its absolutely ridiculous. You idiots need to drop this "toxic" ****, take a step back and look at yourselves. You cause more ****ing problems with all this over analyzing, policing bull****. Just let people ****ing cuss and talk **** for ****s sake. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

oiasfdjojisfda

08-22-2012

Dear Lyte, I'd appreciate it if you'd read this post. It contains no profanity, my only goal if for you to understand where I'm coming from. You don't even need to respond, I'd just appreciate it if you'd read it.

To start off, no I am not posting from my main account. If there is a way to send a private message on these forums, I'd be happy to tell Lyte my main account name, but as I'm about to tell you some embarassing things about myself, I'd rather not have my friends who also read these forums know it's me.

I've played about 3000 games of league. When I started I had no idea how much I'd like the game, but as I grew to level 30, I only liked it more and more. The one thing I couldn't stand is that when I did bad I had to listen to people complain about me. This might not be a big deal to some people, but what makes me different than some people is that I was heavily bullied in high school. I imagine I'm not the only one to play this game that's been bullied. I went through high school with the nickname "needle ****" despite nobody ever seeing me naked, simply because I was one of the few asians in my school. It didn't stop there, I'd frequently arrive to class with pictures of an asian boy meant to be me eating a cat drawn on my desk. Apparently if you're asian, you eat cats despite being born and raised in America.

I bet you're wondering what any of this has to do with you. Well I have no idea if you've ever been bullied, but for me the worst part wasn't that I was being picked on, it was the embarassment and helplessness that accompanied it. No matter how much you know you're right, the bullies have the numbers and nothing you say will matter. As time went on, I began to develop a physical response to the bullying where I withdrew into my own mind. You start to feel like you wanna cry, but stop yourself only because you know it could only make things 10x worse.

So while you and maybe others who judge the tribunal cases of thsoe I report may think that what someone did was not offensive, to me, I know it was verbal abuse. Do you know how? Because if I give up first blood and each person says one thing as simple as "..." "wtf man" "omg this [champion name]", it all shoots into the chat at once and it's like I'm surrounded by bullies and nothing I say will matter. I know this because despite the fact that I'm now 27 years old, I still get the same physical response I did 13 years ago. I know it is abusive because I start to withdraw into myself, simply from everyone yelling at me. And it's not as if it stops there, from then on I've been branded as the feeder and any future mistakes I make will illicit more complaining about me. I understand that there is a mute function, and I will come back to this.

I've been banned from the game twice before now, both 3 days suspensions. I fully believe I deserved those, because while I (almost) never said somethign to someone until they said something to me, I always reacted to being yelled at by yelling back, simply because it's the internet and it was the first time in my life that I had a chance to say something back without breaking down in tears. I'd curse back at them, tell them to go f themselves etc. After being banned the second time, it finally hit me that I was contributing to the problem, and since then I haven't been banned at all up until now(so for about 5-6 months). The reason I wasn't banned is because I stopped responding to them, I simply hit mute at the first sign of trouble, and reported them afterward.

I guess the problem with this is they may or may not have gone further with their words, I have no idea because I muted them. In my mind, it was better to report them either way because if they were innocent nothing was gonna happen to them. The alternative to this was to keep them unmuted and listen to all their abuse so that I make sure I don't report anyone innocent, which would just put me through the ringer and actually make me play worse because I'm so upset I can't focus on the game.

You mentioned that you're banning people who actively threaten people with reports. Let me give you a sample chat of what a typical game in my life consists of:

*I give up first blood*
Person1: sigh
Person2: ofc I alwasy get the feeders
me: Please stop harassing me or I will be forced to mute and report you resulting in less communication between us
Person1: LOL who did I abuse you **** moron
Person2: haha yea u do that see if I care reporting does nothing

If I go on to do worse that game, I can expect more complaining about me, and you're telling me that when I can't even focus because I'm so upset about having to listen to people tell me how bad I am, that that isn't abuse?

To be honest at this point I truly feel like no matter what I do, I'm the bad guy. As far as I can tell, this game is just not for me, so if this is how you're choosing to deal with customers, then you just lost one.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyblythe View Post
7 day suspension happens after a 3 day. Which means you've been banned before

Hardly impressed.

no, everyone in this case got a strict 7 day ban, regardless of previous ban status

it is completely separate from other ban reasons as mentioned by riot.

TalLavi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Hey Lyte you understand a lot about player behavior, can you shed some light on the topic of trash talking in this thread?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2503187

Thanks in advance,
Tal.

Chaldyth the Axe

08-22-2012

Quote:
Actually, you've had multiple cases in the Tribunal that almost resulted in warnings and timebans. You've consistently skirted the line of what the community deems OK and are almost up for another Tribunal case.

In addition, you have reported hundreds of players in games where we felt the players did not warrant the threat of a ban.
Do me!

Do me!

-

poliscilawguy

08-22-2012

Show us our false reports lyte

Crucefix

08-22-2012

lol

Armorgen

08-22-2012

I'm a bit worried that I will get suspended after reading this.

I report a lot of people but I think I am doing the right thing.

Yummines

08-22-2012

theres 10 million+ players in League of Legends. of course a lot of people are going to be bad, and a lot of people will be abusing it.

remember, 1% of 10 million is still a substantial number for people to complain about on forums.

so if you got banned, that means you are a ******bag plain and simple and abused the report system

have a nice day