Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MGS Gray Fox

02-08-2013

@Lyte

Is there a place on the website summoners can go to see how close to the line they are? I am just curious ha I don't think I am that bad because I am on skype/vent/teamspeak most of the time talking to my buddies but I was just curious or if it could be a feature implemented?

ExjK

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkul View Post
You know one thing that might be interesting is to release say a quarterly report to all active players and let them know where they stand in the number of False reports they've made and the reports against them. Doesn't have to be detailed but it could be an eye opener to get a report saying "You've been reported in x% of your games and you have falsely reported y% of your reports" Give players a chance to start reforming before even the warning lands
I would actually appreciate a feature along these lines. I know sometimes I get frustrated with other people to the point where I may be more toxic than helpful, so I have always been curious as to how many times I have been reported. I don't tend to report people often, but when I do I feel it's deserved..so it would also be interesting knowing how many "false" reports I have had.

brunoais

05-20-2013

@Lyte
When we report for the player being unskilled, does the text we write mean anything it is even taken into account anywhere?
I'm just wondering about it because I don't know if I'm writting to the void or if I'm writing to somewhere

CrazyGoNuts

05-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I've been reported 16 times in ~600+ games on my anonymous account. I've reported 130 players actually which is a decently high report rate percentage; however, my report weights are still high.
130 in 600 games is very low, there is on average 2 trolls per 3 games.

Cathulion

05-20-2013

4man premade are the most toxic -.- a 4man premade reported me because they couldn't hold their lanes and blamed me for making them lose the game.........pls Lyte remove 4man premade and make it 5 man premade or duo queve for normal games.

Foxadin

05-20-2013

My friend (arguably the nicest lol player on my friends list- I play with him a lot) just got a temporary suspension for using report function too much. I'm shocked I never seen him do anything toxic ever in over 300 played games together he's always super polite and positive. He said he uses report a lot as he cares about rest of community a lot and tries to clean up game. There're is something wrong I don't think lyte is correct. This needs riots attention it's a very serious issue. They are unknowingly suspending players that even bring a wry positive environment to games

SerbianKing123

03-09-2014

They suspend for a year for no reason... how i can see for what im suspended? they didnt send me a email for what reason they suspend me..... please help me.

Rowglo

1 Week Ago

Sweet necro bro, gr8 b8 m8.

Edit: After reading this thred for 10minute, realized I necro'd it. Google op.

Lheureux

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
Shut Down.

I really love this transparency. Now people are going to be punished for passive aggressive trolling. I really feel as though rage and grief will be things of the past, limited to people who are just having a bad day and not every second 12 year old who thinks he's hot sh**.

Rhlnta

1 Week Ago

Poor Lyte!
I only read his posts (49 atm).
but tbh he has to repeat everything 5 times or so...
is noone reading the "older" posts from him before they asked sth.?
i mean if u rly get banned for **** like that u have to deserve it...if they banned me for that i wouild say yyes i deserve it tbh i have the opinion: better report too much than too less and "sometimes" iīm a "bit" toxic if i have some idiots in my games, but still didnīt get any message form the tribunal nor the 1 week ban...