Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WolfHowl

09-29-2012

I can't stand that people tell others to "Report Noob "insertchampionname" even though they don't know "gee, is this guy must having a bad game?" or "are they really trying?"

Instead quite a few jump to the same conclusion, and if they happen to report, Riot will see who is trolling and who really had a bad match.

Azure Tears

10-04-2012

@Mr.Lyte
Well.. since alot of people are asking this... i might as well ask for the truth too...

How is my record? T_T
and how close am i to being banned?

i mean i havnt been banned once but at serveral occasion i would yell back to team as a response if they were to yell at me~~ and when they call me noob in many case id ask for their elo only to find out they
A) never do ranked or
B) in the 1300~1500 area

and ofc - the reply i get is "Higher than urs noob"
so can i ask how close i am to being banned?

Also have i reported too much people already? or what? like im confused about the system already mainly because i think it doesnt work

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2637600

p.s 1300~1500 is unstable because with a few wins u can get there
ur elo starts to stablize when u have 100 games or so (at least thats what i think)

InsaneSense

11-08-2012

dd

Fallenour

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
You are not even close to the line Kind of gives you an idea how far away from norm these players are.
Ive been playing for a long time lyte? How am I doing? Im sure I have reports against me. I wont deny I have lost my temper in more than a few occasions, none of which im proud of.

Shadowmere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Today was actually my day off.
This guy deserves a medal or something! I'm really happy that my favorite game was created and is continuously improved by you guys, you're doing a fantastic job!

Jryiah

12-16-2012

Unskilled player needs to go. Having a bad game does not mean that your unskilled. Its motivation to rage on your allies.

MathMage

12-16-2012

why did this thread get necro'd >.<

Jryiah

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
why did this thread get necro'd >.<
Woops...

Forchark

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos154 View Post
I can't stand that people tell others to "Report Noob "insertchampionname" even though they don't know "gee, is this guy must having a bad game?" or "are they really trying?"

Instead quite a few jump to the same conclusion, and if they happen to report, Riot will see who is trolling and who really had a bad match.
But Riot seems to rely too highly on democratic process in the Tribunal. I have seem bans for no toxicity. In fact, more disturbing is reading someone's minor toxicity along side the unreported other teammate who is exponentially worse.

This is unfortunate, both what you said and what can happen. However, I feel Riot will find another way to progress and address the issue.

Tkul

02-08-2013

You know one thing that might be interesting is to release say a quarterly report to all active players and let them know where they stand in the number of False reports they've made and the reports against them. Doesn't have to be detailed but it could be an eye opener to get a report saying "You've been reported in x% of your games and you have falsely reported y% of your reports" Give players a chance to start reforming before even the warning lands