Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenerkaNerk View Post
You don't understand. The goal is this:

1.) Report toxic player
2.) Send toxic player to the Tribunal
3.) Tribunal bans toxic player
4.) Community is improved.

Now take out the first step. See where their entire plan falls apart?
What they are doing won't affect this. What they are doing is making the opposite not happen (toxics reporting non toxics).

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012
2 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
that's funny, because i've reported numerous people that deserved it and haven't once got those emails saying someone i reported has been punished [like others have]

so this is to say that if i've not been suspended/banned [permanently] and report people my likelihood of my reports being worth something is slightly higher? or that i'm less likely to be suspended in return of reporting people who might not have deserved it?
The e-mails sent to players that someone they reported was banned was a small experiment we ran to determine the impact of that kind of feedback. We have not fully built that feature yet, so players don't receive e-mails for every 'accurate' report.

AmbushIntheDark

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.

Id like him to justify the ban to me, someone whos never been warned, banned, or anything why I cannot play for a WEEK because Riot cannot seem to figure out what "Warning" means.

Epichuntarz

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaldyth the Axe View Post
And if you spam reports,

Your reports are weighted less value in the system.

Already stated by a red previously.

-
If you use the tribunal like that, and the system already diminishes your report strength, then this action taken today is EXTREMELY egregious and needs to be reversed.

Chaldyth the Axe

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
If you are reporting CONSTANTLY the problem is likely you and not the people you are reporting. Learn to prioritize, don't just report whenever something doesn't go your way. Lyte says they're giving time outs to the people at the top of the most/false reports. This usually means the worst of the very worst. If you have any kind of grasp on what's actually worth reporting, you are not going to fall into this category by accident.
^ This,

I find someone worth reporting maybe 1 in 10 games.....

And I don't sit and threaten them with reports in game to do my bidding.

-

D1ppy

08-22-2012

Quote:
These are not Tribunal bans. We've been doing a lot of experiments and analysis with false reporters and have found that many of them are contributing to negative experiences in the games they are in--these players tend to threaten players with reports, or threaten players to play their way or be reported. For example, the OP in this case has reported hundreds of players that were not actually toxic and in the process created toxic experiences for these players. The same OP has received reports in 19% of his games resulting in hundreds of reports filed against him and has been punished multiple times by the Tribunal.

We've reviewed these players with extremely high numbers of false reporting and decided to send out a temporary timeout to these players and warn them that this behavior is unacceptable and let them know that they have been creating a negative experience for other players.
Congradulations riot im never pressing the report player button again

Altofira

08-22-2012

Quote:

They used your feature so you're going to ban them for using your feature? Wtf is this are you for real? What your SUPPOSED to do, is tell them via email first, not with a ban. Tell them to stop using the report function so excessively and if they continue THEN you ban them. Prior to today, no one has ever heard of this kind of thing happening before, then you come out of nowhere and slap them with a ban?

This is ridiculous seriously, let's just be honest here for one second, no red has ever once explicitly stated that reporting too much was a bannable offense until today. So the first time you say it you also ban them? Really? They're using the feature included in the game client. Why would you ban them for using a feature you GAVE them?

Relish

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconeagle3 View Post
So you'd rather us just ignore the intent feeding troll who's 0/12/0 and instead of us reporting him just let him keep feeding every game?
If he is actively trying to play the game, he wouldn't be 0-12-0, he would have assists as well, what the red is saying, is that if the are doing well, or are even having a bad game, and not running into the enemy team with the total intent of feeding (intentional feeding), or telling the enemy team what your doing in chat (assisting enemy team), then the reports are false. If you do have a team mate who is obviously trolling, then report him, you won't get harmed, but if you report people for minor things, like "reported" during a game, then they may get banned.

TheUlf

08-22-2012

Quote:

1.) Report toxic player

No, I don't - as this isn't part of steps 2 or 3, either. This is:

1.) Implement Tribunal
2.) Tribunal collects tons of statistical data
3.) Data reveals massive outliers, reporting vastly more than their peers
4.) Riot investigates outliers, discovers toxic players
5.) Riot issues bans on toxic players
6.) Community is improved

and, of course,

7.) GD complains about it

GrowlyGuts

08-22-2012

Quote:

1.) Report toxic player

Why do you think the people banned were actually reporting toxic players? You've never had someone threaten to report you for building the "wrong" thing? Never had someone threaten to report you because you gave up first blood?