Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Horus2

08-22-2012

Quote:
HashyAKAdave:
Lyte. I can't be certain but I think my past and current week ban are from "false reporting", but I don't falsely report...

I'll be honest, I used to be VERY toxic but I changed my ways and now I report people for EXACTLY what I used to get banned for, yet I'm falsely reporting?

I honestly doubt you can prove I deserve this "False reporting" suspension.

Seriously, give me ONE example of a false report I have sent.

Lyte, Quit dodging me.

He won't. They won't. I've tried all day.

Reaper

Senior Recruiter

08-22-2012

Report Button? too lazy to bother... >.>

Mjaxon

08-22-2012

Quote:
JammkuAtYoutube:
Here. Just file your complaint here.

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Video-Games-Retail-Dealer/Riot-Games-in-Culver-City-CA-100091653

Print out or pull up the EULA and ToS, go to your bank, and get a charge back. Show them we don't appreciate false bans.

I have called out Lyte again and again, and have yet to be shown I've falsely reported anyone. I have 3 months of games recorded, post-game lobby with it. I can fight any claims against me that I was unjustly reporting anyone.

Your move, reds. Don't make me move this fight to Twitter / Facebook / Youtube / Reddit / /v/ / Etc. I don't want to, but my compulsiveness makes me seek vengeance and justice for this wrong doing.

If you spent all this effort not being a moron in game, you wouldn't have been banned.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012

Quote:
MagĂ­tek:
Well guys, guess we can't use the report function anymore. Using features built in to the game gets you banned. Trying too hard gets you banned as well. Even playing the game gets you banned. Can I get banned for posting on the forums too?

Using a feature to abuse and harass other players and attempt to get decent players banned is the problem. Let's not get carried away here.

Best Reimu NA

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
How many players do you think you have reported?

I've played around 1000 games... so roughly 9000?

Jack Is Awesome

08-22-2012

Hey Lyte, when I report people I will often just pick whatever offense applies from the drop down list and not leave a comment. I'm wondering if leaving comments when reporting strengthens reporting accuracy, or if what I do is fine so long as the end result is the same. Thanks.

SmurfX213

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
How many players do you think you have reported?

You already said around 400. Which isn't even that much for playing 2 years. Do you know how many jerks and people with what you call "Toxic behavior" I find a day? I don't even report all of them. My report count should be MUCH higher due to all the people I have seen with this bad behavior.

mastpac

08-22-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
You show bad behavior here and there and get bumps of reports, but in general you're in the clear for both reports made and reports received.

Could you please tell me my behaviour? Thanks.
PD: Yes i got banned.

slum6itch

08-22-2012

Quote:
Epichuntarz:
If the Tribunal is already designed to deal with this, a safety net shouldn't be needed.

No, Tribunal is NOT designed to deal with this issue.

Tribunal's report weighting system is used to screen out reports from a player if they report anyone and everyone for anything (think "the boy who cried wolf&quot. This is to ensure that innocent people don't end up in Tribunal after getting reported five times in one day by different report spammers.

But Tribunal stops there. It defends the guy who gets "falsely" reported, but does nothing to punish the all-too-common "BG report my noob team" report abusers who flood the system with intentional feeding complaints.

What Lyte is saying is that until this point they've simply let them be, since Tribunal's aforementioned weighting system rendered them harmless. What's just happened is that Lyte and his crew checked the numbers and found evidence that the report abusers are not only flooding the system with worthless tickets, but that they have an overwhelmingly negative effect on the games that the report spam is generated from (which is almost all of them). This is ban worthy. Stop snitching.

TL;DR: The ****** requesting reports for his entire team, himself excluded, in /all; that guy is ignored by the system when he reports. But since you can't report someone for threatening to send a bull**** report, Lyte & Co. went and banned them manually.

theFringeOne

08-22-2012

Hey Lyte, I have been playing for over 2 years and have played over 2k games. I know I have raged a couple times here and there but have never been warned or banned. Any chance you could see how my stats are?